The Jehovah’s Witnesses Teach Jesus is Mighty God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah witnesses don't believe Jesus part of the Trinity.
2 epistle John tells us, who ever doesn't abide in doctrine of Christ, has neither the son nor the Father.
1 John 5:7. For there are Three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the word, and the holy spirit and these three are one.
John 10:30 . I and My Father are one.
I documented this. Jehovah witnesses are not Christians.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Fundamentally, Jesus is God crucified.

As long as you leave "crucifixion" out, all you do is go in circles.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 epistle John tells us, who ever doesn't abide in doctrine of Christ, has neither the son nor the Father.
1 John 5:7. For there are Three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the word, and the holy spirit and these three are one.
John 10:30 . I and My Father are one.
I documented this. Jehovah witnesses are not Christians.
Where have you been? The JW,s were allowed into the Catholic archives late 60,s or early 70,s and came out with 100% proof-the spirit, water and blood are the 3 witness bearers. Many translations changed to truth over the error you posted.
Yes one in purpose.
Jesus only taught what the Father told him to-John 5:19,30)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jehovah’s Witnesses Teach Jesus is Mighty God

In John chapter 1, verse 1, the JW’s have translated the Greek, “kai theos ēn ho logos”, as “and the Word was a god”. They also dedicate a section in their Kingdom Interlinear translation of the New Testament, trying to justify this reading, from false quotations of Greek scholars, who actually say, that this should read, “and the Word was God”.

The JW’s argue that Jesus Christ is “a god”, and Jehovah alone is “God”. This is completely contradicted by their own translation, in their New World translation, for Isaiah 9:6, which is a Prophecy on the Lord Jesus Christ.

“For a child has been born to usc, A son has been given to us; And the rulership* will rest on his shoulderd. His name will be called Wonderful Counselore, Mighty Godf, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace” (NWT 2013 edition)

There is no doubt as to Who is Child is, as we can see from the references used in the NWT. We have the letter “c”, which refer to Luke 1:15 and 2:11, both on the Birth of Jesus Christ. Then we have “*”, which has in a note, Or “government; princely rule.”. Next, “e”, with references to Isaiah 11:2; Matthew 7:28, 29; 12:42, which are for the First Coming and Ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ. The letter “f”, has references to Psalm 45:3, which is on the use of the Hebrew, “gib·bō·wr” (mighty one), and John 1:18, where the NWT reads, “No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Father’s side is the one who has explained Him”. In the Greek, both “theon” and “theos”, and without the article (ton, ho), in which case they have exactly the same meaning, “God”. Because of the theology of the JW’s, they translate the second as “god”, as it refers to Jesus Christ. This is the same perversion of the Truth, that they use in John 1:1, when the have the false reading, “and the Word was a god”.

It is clear from what we read in the NWT on Isaiah 9:6, that this verse is speaking about the Lord Jesus Christ. It is also clear, that the NWT has translated the Hebrew, “’êl Gibbôr”, as “Mighty God”, and not “mighty hero”, or “mighty god”, as some do. This is exactly how the NWT reads in Isaiah 10:21, where we also have, “’êl Gibbôr”, where it is used for “Jehovah”, as in the NWT.

Here is solid evidence from the Bible that is published by the Jehovah’s Witnesses, that Jesus Christ is “Mighty God”. I have read arguments from the JW’s, where they say, Jesus Christ is “Mighty God”, but He is not “Almighty God”. This does not address the fact, that they admit to TWO Persons, Who are called “Mighty God”. How does this agree with verses like Isaiah 44:8, “Is there a ’ĕ·lō·w·ah besides me?”; and 45:5, “I am Yahweh, and there is none else. Besides me, there is no ’ĕ·lō·hîm”? Yet, it is clear, we read in Isaiah 9:6, and 10:21, that there are indeed TWO distinct Persons, Who are equally called, “’êl Gibbôr”.

In fact, the older Jewish Rabbis, understood this passage to refer to The Messiah. In the 1st/2nd century AD, Rabbi Yose HaGelili, said of this passage:

“Thus rabbi Jose, of Galilee, says, ‘The name of the Messiah is shâlôm, as is said in Isa 9:6, “Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace.” ‘Ben Sira (fol. 40, of the Amsterdam Edition, 1679) numbers among the eight names of the Messiah those also taken from this passage, Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Prince of Peace. The later Jews, however, have rejected this interpretation, because the Messiah is here described as God” (Albert Barnes Commentary)

About the same time we have the Jewish Targum of Jonathan Ben Uziel the disciple of Hillel (110 BC-10AD; Bab. Meg. 32):

“The prophet saith to the house of David, A child has been born to us, a son has been given to us; and he has taken the law upon himself to keep it, and his name has been called from of old (from eternity, Pauli ed), Wonderful counsellor, Mighty God, He who lives for ever, the Anointed one (or, Messiah), in whose days peace shall increase upon us. Great shall be the splendour of them that observe the law, and of them that preserve peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to build it in judgement and in righteousness from henceforth and for ever: by the Memra of the Lord of hosts shall this be wrought” (Targum Jonathan Ben Uziel. J F Stenning; The Targum of Isaiah, p 32. Oxford 1953 ed, also, Rev. C. W. H. Pauli; Targum Jonathan Ben Uziel: The Chaldee Paraphrase on The Prophet Isaiah; pp.30, 31)

Even those who actually deny the Deity of Jesus Christ, and that the God of the Bible is “Multi-Personal”, and not “Unitarian”, teach that there is more than One Person, in the Old Testament, Who is called GOD.

In Revelation 5:13-14 we read of the WORSHIP that is to be given to BOTH God the Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

“And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and underneath the earth and on the sea, and all the things in them, saying: “To the One sitting on the throne and to the Lamb be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever.” The four living creatures were saying: “Amen!” and the elders fell down and worshipped” (NWT)

The NWT has correctly translated the Greek, “to krátos”, as “the might”, which means “ALL MIGHTY”. The reading, “be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might”, has the meaning, of “ALL”, that there is, is to be ascribed “To the One sitting on the throne and to the Lamb”. Notice the use of “kaí” (and), where it is used for “in addition to”. Whatever is to be rendered to the Father, as ALSO to be rendered to Jesus Christ, EQUALLY.

The Greek scholar, Dr A T Robertson, who the JW’s quote in their appendix on John 1:1, as one of their Greek authorities, says this:

“And to the Lamb (kai tōi arniōi). Dative case. Praise and worship are rendered to the Lamb precisely as to God on the throne”

This passage in Revelation 5, is one of the strongest Testimonies in the Bible, to the Absolute Deity of Jesus Christ, and His Equality with the Father. These is no other way to understand what John writes here.

The Teaching of the Trinity, which says there is One God, in Three distinct Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, is clearly not a Christian invention, as some falsely teach, as the Old Testament, which is not “Christian”, but Jewish, is clear that God is not “Unitarian”.

The Holy Spirit is also taught to be Yahweh in the Old Testament, as is clear in 2 Samuel 23:2-3, where we have a very clear reference on the Holy Spirit as YHWH:

“The Spirit of Yahweh speaks by me; His word is on my tongue. The God of Israel has spoken; the Rock of Israel has said to me”

The Hebrew word “Spirit”, is “rū·aḥ”, which is feminine in gender. This does not mean that the Holy Spirit is a “female”, but, the word is grammatically in the feminine. The word “speaks”, is the hebrew “dib·ber”, is masculine, as is “ū·mil·lā·ṯōw” (His Word). This means that it is “rū·aḥ Yah·weh”, Who is the subject here, is the One Who Speaks by David. Not simply “the Spirit”, but, “the Spirit of Yahweh (rū·aḥ Yah·weh)”, as there is no distinction here. The words, “The God of Israel has spoken; the Rock of Israel has said to me”, also refer to “rū·aḥ Yah·weh”. The Holy Spirit is here Yahweh and Elohim. As in the Hebrew Old Testament.

How can the Jehovah’s Witnesses say that Jesus Christ is “Mighty God”, which is also used for Jehovah, and yet teach that He is “the first created” by Jehovah? This shows in their own translation, that there are TWO distinct Persons, Jehovah and Jesus Christ, Who are also EQUALLY God, in exactly the same way. How can they teach the same of the Holy Spirit, when it is equally clear, that He is Yahweh?

You should realize who is behind that doctrine of denying the Diety of Jesus Christ as God The Son, Immanuel God with us. The JEWS deny that Jesus of Nazareth is The Christ, and also that He is God The Son. They get that denial from Satan's host that crept in among the JEWS long, long ago (like the Kenite scribes and Pharisees that wanted to murder Jesus).

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should realize who is behind that doctrine of denying the Diety of Jesus Christ as God The Son, Immanuel God with us. The JEWS deny that Jesus of Nazareth is The Christ, and also that He is God The Son. They get that denial from Satan's host that crept in among the JEWS long, long ago (like the Kenite scribes and Pharisees that wanted to murder Jesus).
Actually in the Greek lexicons which is trinity translating-In the 2nd line at John 1:1 the Greek word for God capitol G ends in a v. In the last line at John 1:1 the Greek word for god ends in a g--the Word( Logos) word ends in a g. The only other occurrence in the NT where that occurs is 2 Cor 4:4--Satans word ends in g=god--the True Gods word ends in v. = God- Making a god at John 1:1 100% correct.
In 1822 a Greek scholar( Abner Kneeland) compared Greek to English in his NT translation to prove to the world a god was correct. 19 other translations had a god, 3 had was divine, 1 had was godlike--All rejected by trinity religions because that single fact exposes them as false religion, misleading all into not entering Gods kingdom. Best to check facts before speaking on those matters.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's true, they believe Jesus didn't even really exist as such, and was in affect a mask worn by Michael the archangel. A fake persona for whatevere reason. That Michael also faked "Jesus'" "physical resurrection", perpetuating a lie to the disciples, and the entire world. There was no "Jesus", only a character portrayed by Michael, and no resurrection, only a series of "faked" bodies in a grand illusion.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And to the Lamb (kai tōi arniōi). Dative case. Praise and worship are rendered to the Lamb precisely as to God on the throne”

This passage in Revelation 5, is one of the strongest Testimonies in the Bible, to the Absolute Deity of Jesus Christ, and His Equality with the Father. These is no other way to understand what John writes here.
I hadn't thought about this one, this is very good!

Much love!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's true, they believe Jesus didn't even really exist as such, and was in affect a mask worn by Michael the archangel. A fake persona for whatevere reason. That Michael also faked "Jesus'" "physical resurrection", perpetuating a lie to the disciples, and the entire world. There was no "Jesus", only a character portrayed by Michael, and no resurrection, only a series of "faked" bodies in a grand illusion.

Much love!
You are way off. The Jw,s believe God sent Michael to the earth and was named Jesus as a mortal. There is no one named Jesus in the OT. Jesus was 100% real. The one whom the only true God( Father) sent( John 17:3)= the Messiah, Gods appointed king. We know 100% God resurrected Jesus on the 3rd day. As a spirit being. Now he is both, spirit and can be mortal anytime he wants to. There is much evidence God sent Michael. According to Jesus at John 17:3-The only true God( Father ) did not come down here, he sent another named Jesus as a mortal. Since the bible is clear and the true God did not come down here and there was no Jesus in the OT, Who did the true God send?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jw,s believe God sent Michael to the earth and was named Jesus as a mortal.

Revelation 1:4-5 KJV
4) John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Jesus is NOT lying about Who He is.

Hebrews 1:4 KJV
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

The angels, that is, all of them? Or the other angels, the rest of them? All of them.

Hebrews 1:5 KJV
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

To which of the angels? None of them.

Hebrews 1:7-8 KJV
7) And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8) But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

To the angels He says this . . . but to the Son He says that.

So you see, there are the angels, and there is the Son, and these are not the same.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a spirit being.
No, Jesus gave strong proofs, with a plain declaration, that He was not raised a "spirit", but was flesh and bone. Handle me! He told them, do you think He was lying to them?

Much love!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:4-5 KJV
4) John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Jesus is NOT lying about Who He is.

Hebrews 1:4 KJV
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

The angels, that is, all of them? Or the other angels, the rest of them? All of them.

Hebrews 1:5 KJV
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

To which of the angels? None of them.

Hebrews 1:7-8 KJV
7) And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8) But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

To the angels He says this . . . but to the Son He says that.

So you see, there are the angels, and there is the Son, and these are not the same.

Much love!
Heb 1:4--Without being given( inheriting) that name, was equal to the angels. God gave him that name. God did all through Jesus making that name above others. Jesus takes 0 credit for anything-John 5:19,30

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Jesus gave strong proofs, with a plain declaration, that He was not raised a "spirit", but was flesh and bone. Handle me! He told them, do you think He was lying to them?

Much love!
He as well walked through a locked door-Flesh does not accomplish that, He can be either. He is given all authority to do as he wants in accordance to Gods will. So becoming flesh is nothing to him.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 1:4--Without being given( inheriting) that name, was equal to the angels. God gave him that name. God did all through Jesus making that name above others. Jesus takes 0 credit for anything-John 5:19,30
What does that have to do with what I posted?

Jesus is NOT/was not an angel, and if He were, these passages in Hebrews would be a deceptive as the passages in Luke that show His physical resurrection.

Did God say this to angels? No, He said it to His Son. So then, the Son is not one of the angels.

Your doctrine, as far as I can see it, requires much of the Bible to be an intentional lie.

Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, forever. I love how God anticipates every heresy in His Word. There is no error that is not clearly disputed. But only if you will believe what you read.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He as well walked through a locked door-Flesh does not accomplish that, He can be either. He is given all authority to do as he wants in accordance to Gods will. So becoming flesh is nothing to him.
And do you believe His word?

Luke 24:36-43 KJV
36) And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37) But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38) And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39) Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40) And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41) And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42) And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43) And he took it, and did eat before them.

Do you believe Jesus spoke truth? Or did Jesus tell the disciples lies?

I believe He spoke truth. What about you?

Much love!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually in the Greek lexicons which is trinity translating-In the 2nd line at John 1:1 the Greek word for God capitol G ends in a v. In the last line at John 1:1 the Greek word for god ends in a g--the Word( Logos) word ends in a g. The only other occurrence in the NT where that occurs is 2 Cor 4:4--Satans word ends in g=god--the True Gods word ends in v. = God- Making a god at John 1:1 100% correct.
In 1822 a Greek scholar( Abner Kneeland) compared Greek to English in his NT translation to prove to the world a god was correct. 19 other translations had a god, 3 had was divine, 1 had was godlike--All rejected by trinity religions because that single fact exposes them as false religion, misleading all into not entering Gods kingdom. Best to check facts before speaking on those matters.

All of that is just man's juggling acts.

Both the Book of Isaiah and Matthew 1 declare Jesus of Nazareth as "Immanuel" or "Emmanuel" (Greek) which means 'God with us'.

Matt 1:21-23
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel",
which being interpreted is, God with us.
KJV

Therefore, those in Christ Jesus do NOT have to wonder Who Lord Jesus of Nazareth is by the fabrications of false Jews who reject Jesus as God. It was already written in both the Old Testament and the New Testament that Lord Jesus Christ is God.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I simply disagree with you here.

But you are entitled to your opinion.
I have a serious question i want each and everyone of us to ponder on .
Are we truly entitled to our opinions when the said opinion contradicts GOD .
Truth is we are not entitled unto anything but the second death judgment . FOR THAT IS WHAT WE EARNED
that is what we are entitled unto .
NOW allow me TO PRAISE AND THANK GOD for JESUS CHRIST and thanks TO HIS GRACE
i no longer get what this man was entitled unto but rather LIFE and life eternal .
Just a real friendly reminder . Now lift those hands and praise and thank the LORD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a serious question i want each and everyone of us to ponder on .
Are we truly entitled to our opinions when the said opinion contradicts GOD .
Truth is we are not entitled unto anything but the second death judgment . FOR THAT IS WHAT WE EARNED
that is what we are entitled unto .
NOW allow me TO PRAISE AND THANK GOD for JESUS CHRIST and thanks TO HIS GRACE
i no longer get what this man was entitled unto but rather LIFE and life eternal .
Just a real friendly reminder . Now lift those hands and praise and thank the LORD .

Well, if those in Christ are not called to preach God's Word, then HOW will people know His Truth? Just because we are living in times close to the end when we were 'warned' about many false prophets preaching falsehoods and many having itching ears to go with those, does that mean we can't preach what God's written Word declares?? God forbid if those in Christ ever held their peace, for like Jesus said, even the stones would cry out! (Luke 19:40)

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if those in Christ are not called to preach God's Word, then HOW will people know His Truth? Just because we are living in times close to the end when we were 'warned' about many false prophets preaching falsehoods and many having itching ears to go with those, does that mean we can't preach what God's written Word declares?? God forbid if those in Christ ever held their peace, for like Jesus said, even the stones would cry out! (Luke 19:40)
I fully agree . only the JWS aint preaching GODS WORD . they preach another word . it will not bode well
on the day of judgment either .
Folks need to stop trusting in watchtowers , in the vatican and in their own leaders and start actuallly
READING THE BIBLE FOR THEMSELVES .
The WORD was not a god . IT IS GOD and GOD IS HIS WORD .
That is a fact that folks bess not try and deny .
Now just cause we might not understand all things , dont give us the right to OMIT some things .
THE BIBLE even the JWS use , CONTRADICTS their own ideas .
Cause mr donkey man who tried to cliam GOD GAVE him understanding of the greek
FORGOT to take certain things out of his own version he created . The clown of men
fooled many . IT is hard to kick against the pricks . The man forget to take things out of his own version .
HE knew neither GOD nor greek . A fact folks better fast learn and get back in the bible for themselves .

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that have to do with what I posted?

Jesus is NOT/was not an angel, and if He were, these passages in Hebrews would be a deceptive as the passages in Luke that show His physical resurrection.

Did God say this to angels? No, He said it to His Son. So then, the Son is not one of the angels.

Your doctrine, as far as I can see it, requires much of the Bible to be an intentional lie.

Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, forever. I love how God anticipates every heresy in His Word. There is no error that is not clearly disputed. But only if you will believe what you read.

Much love!
Any can understand Heb 1:4--without being given the name above others would be equal to the angels. Facts back that as well-Psalm 45:7- clearly shows God anointed Jesus above his partners( angels) as well Dan 7:13-15--One like a son of man( a created being) was given a kingship. One he has to hand back( 1Cor 15:24-28) to his God and Father and subject himself) = forever just like all who have a God-John 20:17

Reactions: tigger 2

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And do you believe His word?

Luke 24:36-43 KJV
36) And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37) But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38) And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39) Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40) And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41) And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42) And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43) And he took it, and did eat before them.

Do you believe Jesus spoke truth? Or did Jesus tell the disciples lies?

I believe He spoke truth. What about you?

Much love!
1Pet 3:18-- Christ died once for all time concerning sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, that he might lead you to God. He being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.