The Key...of David/Life or of the Pit/Death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007

What is the key to the bottomless pit and...what is that pit? We know who holds the key but what is the key he holds?

Revelation 9:1-3 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.​

The fallen star is the fallen angel Satan that holds the key to the pit. He opens it releasing his locust army...Islam. But, what is the key that opens that door?

There is another door that must be unlocked.....

Isaiah 22:22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon His shoulder; so He shall open, and none shall shut; and He shall shut, and none shall open.​

As we were shown who holds the key to the pit we are also shown who holds the key of David....

Revelation 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith He that is holy, He that is true, He that hath the key of David, He that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;​

Only Christ has the power, the key, to open the door to life. But, what is that key?

Revelation 15:5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:

Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.​

The key to life is knowledge/truth which is the testimony of Jesus which is...the spirit of prophecy. Not the letter of the Word but the spirit. That testimony is the power that opens the tabernacle of heaven.

Satan's workers try to keep that key from us....

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.​

How do the lawyers (of the Mosaic law) do that? By seeing the letter, not the spirit.....

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.​

The key to the bottomless pit, which is the power used to open that pit, is deception causing death and death is the bottomless pit!

The key of David is the power of Christ giving us life. It is the truth and knowledge we receive through His testimony and His testimony is the "spirit of prophecy." Those with the spirit of prophecy are those Satan battles against....

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.​