The key to evangelism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I have a simple message.We ought to preach judgment rather than love and success.We need to preach this not to only lost people, but carnal chrisitans, and liberal christians, etc.

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
Yes we need to tell people they are under the wrath of God and total sinners. People that become "Christians" and don't understand this is not a good thing.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I've seen so many people who claim to be Christians but don't know the fear in the Lord.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've seen so many people who claim to be Christians but don't know the fear in the Lord.
This may be due more to pastors who are not called to lead churches. No where in scripture will you find a pastor who is paid to lead a church. Too many of them preach a feel good message so that people will come and put money in the box.The prosperity message primarily benefits those who are preaching the message. Creflo Dollar drives around in a rolls royce; Joyce Myer lives in a million dollar house; Kenneth Copeland owns three jet planes; Jim Bakker was a millionaire and so it goes on. I can't remember the last time I heard anyone preach about taking up your cross and following Jesus. Yes I can. It was me.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(marksman;47153)
This may be due more to pastors who are not called to lead churches. No where in scripture will you find a pastor who is paid to lead a church. Too many of them preach a feel good message so that people will come and put money in the box. The prosperity message primarily benefits those who are preaching the message. Creflo Dollar drives around in a rolls royce; Joyce Myer lives in a million dollar house; Kenneth Copeland owns three jet planes; Jim Bakker was a millionaire and so it goes on. I can't remember the last time I heard anyone preach about taking up your cross and following Jesus. Yes I can. It was me.
Amen to that! Ever heard of Joel Osteen? Biggest church in America and that is all he preaches

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen to that! Ever heard of Joel Osteen? Biggest church in America and that is all he preaches
Yes I have but admit that I don't know too much about him. His book are sold here. The other aspect of the megachurch which you have your fair share of in the USA, is that it breeds the super star christian mentality. All the focus is on the leader, not the head of the church, Jesus.I can't tell you the number of gullible churches here that have studied the "Purpose Driven Church" and then expected to follow what it said to become a megachurch and found out it made no difference. I think the only one who benefited from the book is the author.

Craig19

Apr 26, 2008
I think you guys are being overly critical God is using these people and they are doing great work and leading a lot of people to Christ.If you think you have to be poor to be a christian it is a lie. God wants His children to be happy so as long as He stays more important than money in your life He does not mind blessing you He actually does it so others can see how provatable it is for us to become christians.I do not know all the people you have mentioned but I have red some of their books and they have been great. Why do you not use the information God is giving to you through them to grow in Him(you need a teachable spirit). And I do not understand why you only mention the money they make but not all the good they do I have great respect for Joyce Meyer and I am very happy God blesses her with so much she deserves it she is doing great work as are all the other.Finally I say we have no right to judge other people and their motives only God can do that so instead of focusing on what they are doing wrong start looking at all the good things they are doing.God bless

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Craig19;47359)
I think you guys are being overly critical God is using these people and they are doing great work and leading a lot of people to Christ.If you think you have to be poor to be a christian it is a lie. God wants His children to be happy so as long as He stays more important than money in your life He does not mind blessing you He actually does it so others can see how provatable it is for us to become christians.I do not know all the people you have mentioned but I have red some of their books and they have been great. Why do you not use the information God is giving to you through them to grow in Him(you need a teachable spirit). And I do not understand why you only mention the money they make but not all the good they do I have great respect for Joyce Meyer and I am very happy God blesses her with so much she deserves it she is doing great work as are all the other.Finally I say we have no right to judge other people and their motives only God can do that so instead of focusing on what they are doing wrong start looking at all the good things they are doing.God bless
God wants His will complete more than us being happy. It's just how He rewards us, with happiness. And salvation alone can make anyone leap with joy.

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
But we do need to be careful. While we need to preach judgment we do need to teach about love and how God loved us all so much that he sent his only son to die for us. Many people get turned off when Christian come and preach the "your going to hell" thing. That's like teaching children about prison and not the correct way to live as to avoid prison.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(walking4him;47390)
But we do need to be careful. While we need to preach judgment we do need to teach about love and how God loved us all so much that he sent his only son to die for us. Many people get turned off when Christian come and preach the "your going to hell" thing. That's like teaching children about prison and not the correct way to live as to avoid prison.
There are way too many people who only teach love.

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
(Wakka;47413)
There are way too many people who only teach love.
But that is how Jesus taught as well he didn't go around telling people they were bad and repent, but to accept the love of God and repentance sprang forth from that love.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
He also rebuked the apostles and he did face down thesaducces and the phariseeand non believers that confronted him this is a part of love. People have forgotten the rest of Gods teaching and only remember what they want to hear "spare not-the rod spoil the child" this is as much a message as love This means correction if anyone has raised a child or taken care of one you know you do not let them play in the street you correct them because you love them there is nothing wrong with correction and rebuking one we just are not to do it out of hate and malice but out of caring that person hear a truth.This all love has gotten to be as out of control as political correctness love takes many forms

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
I agree but many people and most that I've come across were put of from Christ by a fire and brimstone condemnation. You have to tailor you witnessing to each individual/group you meet. I wasn't the hell and punishment that made me give my life, it was the unending love. Mankind has and will continue to spit in God's face and God loves us so much that he allowed his son to die so we can still be with him in heaven. I know many parents who say enough is enough and kick children out. God did it once and kept giving us chances. Finally after we couldn't follow the many Mosiaic Law he created the easiest way for us to come to him; Believe and trust in his son. Even now many can't even do that. That's love.

Craig19

Apr 26, 2008
Agreed on what kriss and wakka are saying. Wakka I agree salvation alone is enough to jump for joy but the people that were mentioned teached that and they teach what you are also saying. So God choses to bless them for their hard work who are we to go judge and then say they only do it for the money.These people have led more people to Christ(and the right way I might add) than all the people on this site put together and then we have the nerve to critisise them?? I found the remarks said to be complete lies and disrespect towords the work God is doing trough those people so I will speak strongly against any such comments. Like kriss says sometimes people need to be corrected and although I might seem harsh its only because I know some people make a grave mistake in judging(like I still do) and we should be called on it. I love God and His people, anything against Him or them I will challange.If you do not have anything good to say about someone rather say nothing. We should all learn to use this more often(me included).God bless all

Mar 26, 2008
(followerofchrist;47159)
What is it that you call " all he preaches" can you explain please?

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(walking4him;47429)
I agree but many people and most that I've come across were put of from Christ by a fire and brimstone condemnation. You have to tailor you witnessing to each individual/group you meet. I wasn't the hell and punishment that made me give my life, it was the unending love. Mankind has and will continue to spit in God's face and God loves us so much that he allowed his son to die so we can still be with him in heaven. I know many parents who say enough is enough and kick children out. God did it once and kept giving us chances. Finally after we couldn't follow the many Mosiaic Law he created the easiest way for us to come to him; Believe and trust in his son. Even now many can't even do that. That's love.
What about that prophet in the Bible (sorry, I'm terrible with names) who went into the city and preached only that it will be destructed in X (40?) number of days. He only preached judgement and destruction, that it would fall upon those who wouldn't correct themselves.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We have to be careful how we assess things. I read the other day that success is not necessarily a sign of God's approval. One question I would ask is a person building their church or building the Kingdom of God. They are not the same.Too often becoming a mega star means that you are beyond reproach and can sin without challenge. I don't need to mention names here. I am very mindful of the scripture Matthew 7 v 21 which says....Mat 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven. Mat 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works? Mat 7:23 And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness! This makes things quite clear that you can be seen to be doing the will of God but in fact you are not. We are not required to do good we are required to do the will of God. The scriptures does not tell anyone to go out and build a megachurch. It tells us to establish God's kingdom by making disciples. Most of the time having 20,000 in your congregation only means that you are a charismatic leader. It is not evidence that you are doing the will of God.A survey of megachurch leaders has revealed that they realise that they are not producing disciples. They are producing a christianity that is 3 miles wide and three inches deep. You don't establish the Kingdom of God or produce disciples with that sort of mentality.

Craig19

Apr 26, 2008
I am sorry but you are wrong Joyce Meyer's books saved my life and led me to the christian I am today. I am sure she has led many others as well. The things she has done and the things she write's about are God's will go read her books and check it according to the Bible.And if I am not mistaken Jesus had crowds of 5000 men plus more women and children that followed Him I would say thats a mega church. So are you saying He was wrong in doing that?I am very sorry but I feel your comments towards these mega churces are driven by jealasy. Remember God created us all different but all equel. Some of us should lead mega churches and others smaller one's and others will maybe lead one person to Christ. His plan is different for all of us so plz do not make ignorant statements judging people you do not know only because you are jealous.If you have sound argumants against these people and what they preach(I would like to see according to you where they have gone wrong according to the word) then I will hear them out but for now you are just saying they are wrong because God is blessing the good work they are doing by giving them a nice life. But believe me they do more for christianity than most other people so I can not see why we have to pull down the people that are doing good work. It is not about you or me its about God. He is using these people and then you consider yourself high enough to judge what He is doing through them.I am sorry if you call yourself a christian I have a serious problem with your statement.God bless