The Knocks of God to a person in life.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”
Revelation 3:20

Jesus stated this in Revelation Chapter 3, which was written to the people in Asia Minor revelation from God through Christ taken down by John the Apostle.

At the door stands Jesus, and knock:

if any man/woman

hear my voice - not just the knock - hear his voice in the knocking of their lives (Say a person simply picks up the Bible and starts reading it)

and open - the will to open the Door to allow God in to our lives, - individual will - a choice to open the door and let the Lord in.

the door - doors can be opened or closed in life, when a person hears the voice of Him who saves, allow him in newness of life follows.

I will come into Him, and will sup with Him, and he with Me. - Jesus will come into a persons home (vessel) and Jesus comes into to have dinner with us, and us with him.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

Jesus stated this in Revelation Chapter 3, which was written to the people in Asia Minor revelation from God through Christ taken down by John the Apostle.

if any man/woman

hear my voice - not just the knock - hear his voice in the knocking of their lives (Say a person simply picks up the Bible and starts reading it)

and open - the will to open the Door to allow God in to our lives, - individual will - a choice to open the door and let the Lord in.

the door - doors can be opened or closed in life, when a person hears the voice of Him who saves, allow him in newness of life follows.

I will come into Him, and will sup with Him, and he with Me. - Jesus will come into a persons home (vessel) and Jesus comes into to have dinner with us, and us with him.

Don't worry Matt since Jesus has not came into your home and partook of a physical meal with you sir, he hasn't with any of us, but he does direct the feeding work that he provides to us through the faithful slave he assigned, and I might add well. He has fed us so well, most of us cannot partake of all of it. Isa 2:2,3; Mat 24:45-47. And when we are partaking of that food as a group, he assures us he is right there with us Mat 18:20 Nice subject Matt

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the home is where the heart is according to Jesus.

Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil; for of the abundance of his heart his mouth speaketh.

Jesus Christ is the one who knocks at the door.

John the Revelator had written this to the people in Asia Minor, and to me it has a spiritual meaning. Of course you are right, Jesus has never come and ate with me in any physical sense, and as far as what I believe personally, I do not believe in demons running around or anyone influcence our choices but our own desires themselves with it in. That is why this passage is so significant, because a person who hears his voice, will desire to go willingly to seek after God and the council that is brought with the Lord, the holy spirit is given, and so is the spirit of Christ allowed to live with-in the heart or mind of the person who seeks and desires to read the bible and learn and grow in truth of understanding all by and through the spirit in faith toward God who sent Jesus who did everything no one else ever could have done.

Therefore sin was paid for and it is a public choice to either allow the world into your heart and love it more, or having your heart set on heavenly things, which is totally between a living person and God. There is never a third party involved in the human sense. However people are given the spirit by faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. There are many Christians out there, many just remain quite and humble before God sharing when lead, and suffering for Christ by loving God and loving others while in this life in which a person can ask the Father for help by the spirit, according to what Jesus had stated in the Gospel of Christ.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

if any man/woman

If you take Rev. 3:20 in context with the first 3 chapters it is an indictment against the Church.

The Church as a whole has rejected Him, Christ is standing outside the Church door trying to get in.

As with the remnant of Israel, the true Church is also a remnant.

That makes me pay close attention to what is going in my ear at my local Church.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If you take Rev. 3:20 in context with the first 3 chapters it is an indictment against the Church.

The Church as a whole has rejected Him, Christ is standing outside the Church door trying to get in.

That makes me pay close attention to what is going in my ear at my local Church.
All the churches in Asia in Revelation had flaws which the Lord points out; only Ephesus which thought it was so superior and correct is warned of the danger of the removal of the lampstand of God's presence.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you for sharing. You are right it was directly towards one of the Churches that were written to, not sure if they had some church building or just used a house to be able to meet up or whatever. Jesus is very stern, and harsh to these people at Asia Minor, giving them fair warning to turn from their ways and turn towards God in order to be saved from the wrath of God that was coming, at least that is what I believe.

Though there is still a spiritual principle to gain simply of just that one single verse Revelation 3:20, always good to hear your insights and sharing Charlie24.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the churches in Asia in Revelation had flaws which the Lord points out; only Ephesus which thought it was so superior and correct is warned of the danger of the removal of the lampstand of God's presence.

Revelation is unique that is for sure, most certainly a Jewish book. Farouk.