The last Christian monarch

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi,

@Josho said this in another thread:

Lol maybe there should be an old fashioned Monarchy, so Trump would be king of the USA, then Donald Trump Jr next in line for the new king of USA, then Barron Trump.

:p

Anyone else up for this idea?

So i thought I'd add a loyalists :pperspective on that .

My Queen (the Queen of Canada) promissed this in her oath upon her coronation:

"Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the Laws of God and the true profession of the Gospel?"

She is the last Christian monarch with substantial power in this world..

What happens when she passes?

Her heir apparent some time ago said he would take the title 'defender of faiths' when he is coronated..

Further, should he rather abdicate and give his power to another, Canada (and I expect some other Commenwealth countries) would be plunged into a constitutional crisis over naming someone else to the office of the Queen...

God save the Queen!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Isn't Prince William the next in line for the throne after Prince Charles?

Yes. But were Charles to abdicate the UK parliament would have to pass a bill giving the crown to William.
In Canada however, any change to the office of the Queen (King) must be agreed to unanimously by all 10 provincial legeslatures, both houses of parliament as well as the lieutenant governers and governer general of Canada..
No legislature or parliament could enact any new laws until that was done, and its extremely unlikely that they would all unanamously agree on William as King of Canada.. A constiturional crisis would ensue...

Peace!