The Last Pope?? says there is no Hell!! More Signs of the Last days!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless the Jehovah's Witnesses have influenced you and you believe you just lie in the ground until God says rise.
Of course some have ashes thrown all over the place
Who wants to go through the garbage to find a piece of ash
No, God will make everything new without sin

Now think about it
If we are pre-trib, then we will see innocent people murdered and screaming babies and women raped and so on
You don't think you will have evil thoughts about those people?
Of course you would.
So how can God's people think evil in his presence?
You can't
So much for pre-trib
The 7 year tribulation is the pre-trib
When satan is let loose after 1000 year rule by Jesus, then all hell breaks loose as the world tries to overthrow Jesus
That's the real day of the Lord
Then we'll see things happen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Last Pope?? More Signs of the Last days!! Pope Francis in a recent interview with his long time atheist friend stated that hell does not exist and that souls just disappear after death.Scalfri says to the Pope, “Your Holiness, in our previous meeting you told me that our species will disappear in a certain moment and that God, still out of his creative force, will create new species. You have never spoken to me about the souls who died in sin and will go to hell to suffer it for eternity. You have however spoken to me of good souls, admitted to the contemplation of God. But what about bad souls? Where are they punished?”

Pope Francis says, “They are not punished, those who repent obtain the forgiveness of God and enter the rank of souls who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot therefore be forgiven disappear. There is no hell, there is the disappearance of sinful souls.”
But Jesus says eternal hell is very real===== choose who you will believe!!!

https://christianjournal.net/inciden...ell-not-exist/
Why would it be a sign of the last days if the pope says there is no hell? I'm confused!

BTW....You should try reading legitimate news or reporting sources instead of anti-Catholic news. ;)

Pope Francis did not claim hell does not exist, Vatican says

FACT CHECK: Did the Pope Say That Hell Doesn't Exist?

Did Pope Francis really say there is no hell?

Does Hell Exist? And Did the Pope Give an Answer?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No distortion Aspen.
He said it doesn't exist.
And now I hear about what the Pope said?!
One more time his words need fixing.
C'mon GG....I thought you were more logical and reasonable. I am surprised you would make a blanket statement like that.:(

Reference post #42

Mary

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:8
8we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

How would you interpret this? Paul is saying that if he were absent from the body, he'd be at home with the Lord. What do you think happens right after death?

Paul also speak's about those that Sleep, those that have passed on and they sleep, and when the time come's and they are resurrected, it will be as if they had just went to bed and woke up the next Day! remember a day is as a thousand year's, and a thousand year's is as a Day, those that are the LORD"S will not know time as we do. This is how I see it!! IMO

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"
End Of Time

The phrase "End of Time", or rather, "End of Days", is a rather common way of speaking of the end of an era. Its usage goes back as far as the days of Cain and Abel and occurs at the following locations (KJV21):

Genesis 4:3
And in process of time it came to pass that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.

2 Samuel 14:26
And when he cut his hair (for it was at every year's end that he cut it, because the hair was heavy on him; therefore he cut it), he weighed the hair of his head at two hundred shekels according to the king's weight.

1 Kings 17:7
And it came to pass after a while that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land.

Nehemiah 13:6
But in all this time I was not at Jerusalem; for in the two and thirtieth year of Artaxerxes king of Babylon I came unto the king, and after certain days I obtained leave from the king.

Jeremiah 13:6
And it came to pass after many days , that the LORD said unto me, "Arise, go to the Euphrates and take the girdle from thence, which I commanded thee to hide there." The End of Time; What is it, and should we be worried?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a priest here that apologized , at a mass, for the church saying that it has taught hell incorrectly all these years and that it doesn't exist. Needless to say, many were relieved and happy. It was all the talk for some time.

wow

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Priests can be wrong. He is preaching his opinion, not the teachings of the church he claims to be representing. As far as the Pope is concerned, aparrently you are not interested in reading the article I posted - you are comfortable believing the OP written by a person who regularly posts critical ideas about Catholicism. You have a right to your opinion

that's still no excuse aspen, that priest shouldn't be teaching and or a minister of the church, if he's contrary to church teaching, and you know it.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Last Pope?? More Signs of the Last days!! Pope Francis in a recent interview with his long time atheist friend stated that hell does not exist and that souls just disappear after death.Scalfri says to the Pope, “Your Holiness, in our previous meeting you told me that our species will disappear in a certain moment and that God, still out of his creative force, will create new species. You have never spoken to me about the souls who died in sin and will go to hell to suffer it for eternity. You have however spoken to me of good souls, admitted to the contemplation of God. But what about bad souls? Where are they punished?”

Pope Francis says, “They are not punished, those who repent obtain the forgiveness of God and enter the rank of souls who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot therefore be forgiven disappear. There is no hell, there is the disappearance of sinful souls.”
But Jesus says eternal hell is very real===== choose who you will believe!!!

https://christianjournal.net/inciden...ell-not-exist/

so basically what you did here is post the words of an atheist as more reputable then the pope. is there something wrong with you?

Reactions: epostle1

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's still no excuse aspen, that priest shouldn't be teaching and or a minister of the church, if he's contrary to church teaching, and you know it.

Yeah, excuses would suggest mercy........ not something I associate with you

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"However, according to the Catholic News Agency, the Pope is claiming that the journalist is twisting Bergoglio’s words following a private meeting. The Vatican issued a statement to the news agency stating that the report ‘should not be considered an accurate depiction of Francis’ words, but the author’s own “reconstruction.”’ In addition, this is not the first time that such has occurred, in fact, in an interview in 2015, apparently the Italian paper claimed something similar after a private meeting with the Pope."

Italian journalist Eugenio Scalfari the founder and former editor of Italian newspaper La Repubblica- a communist publication. He hates the Church.
But anti-Catholics clamor to believe a communist and ignore the Pope. They are on the same side IMO.

This is the official Church teaching on hell. No Pope, cardinal, bishop or priest can change it. There may be false opinions, but that is all they are, false opinions.

1033 We cannot be united with God unless we freely choose to love him. But we cannot love God if we sin gravely against him, against our neighbor or against ourselves: "He who does not love remains in death. Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him."612 Our Lord warns us that we shall be separated from him if we fail to meet the serious needs of the poor and the little ones who are his brethren.613 To die in mortal sin without repenting and accepting God's merciful love means remaining separated from him for ever by our own free choice. This state of definitive self-exclusion from communion with God and the blessed is called "hell."

1034 Jesus often speaks of "Gehenna" of "the unquenchable fire" reserved for those who to the end of their lives refuse to believe and be converted, where both soul and body can be lost.614 Jesus solemnly proclaims that he "will send his angels, and they will gather . . . all evil doers, and throw them into the furnace of fire,"615 and that he will pronounce the condemnation: "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire!"616

1035 The teaching of the Church affirms the existence of hell and its eternity. Immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell, "eternal fire."617 The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs.

1036 The affirmations of Sacred Scripture and the teachings of the Church on the subject of hell are a call to the responsibility incumbent upon man to make use of his freedom in view of his eternal destiny. They are at the same time an urgent call to conversion: "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few."618
Since we know neither the day nor the hour, we should follow the advice of the Lord and watch constantly so that, when the single course of our earthly life is completed, we may merit to enter with him into the marriage feast and be numbered among the blessed, and not, like the wicked and slothful servants, be ordered to depart into the eternal fire, into the outer darkness where "men will weep and gnash their teeth."619
1037 God predestines no one to go to hell;620 for this, a willful turning away from God (a mortal sin) is necessary, and persistence in it until the end. In the Eucharistic liturgy and in the daily prayers of her faithful, the Church implores the mercy of God, who does not want "any to perish, but all to come to repentance":621

Footnotes:
612 1 Jn 3:14-15.
613 Cf. Mt 25:31-46.
614 Cf. Mt 5:22,29; 10:28; 13:42,50; Mk 9:43-48.
615 Mt 13:41-42.
616 Mt 25:41.
617 Cf. DS 76; 409; 411; 801; 858; 1002; 1351; 1575; Paul VI, CPG § 12.
618 Mt 7:13-14.
619 LG 48 § 3; Mt 22:13; cf. Heb 9:27; Mt 25:13,26,30,31-46.
620 Cf. Council of Orange II (529):DS 397; Council of Trent (1547):1567.
621 2 Pet 3:9.
Catechism of the Catholic Church - I believe in life everlasting

Imagine that...scripture in the catechism.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's Luke 16:19-31

This is true BEFORE Jesus was resurrected.
It was a holding place, awaiting the resurrection of Christ.
Before that even those that were saved were awaiting Jesus' sacrifice in Abrahams Bossom.
Luke 16:22

After Jesus' resurrection we go where we're supposed to be immediately after death.
Jesus tore the curtain in two and we are now allowed to enter into heaven.
Luke 24:45 The holy of holies was now open to all.

The abode of hell is indeed real, but it's not the "lake of fire". In the KJV Bible, the word "hell" is translated from 3 different Greek words that have different meanings. When Jesus was speaking of haides, it means the abode of the wicked in the Heavenly. With the word geena (from Hebrew Hinnom, about the burning pit of the valley of Hinnom), then it's about the future "lake of fire" event which the abode of hell goes into.

In Luke 16, Jesus while giving a story about the poor beggar Lazarus and the rich man, revealed the existence of hell across a great gulf fixed border in Paradise. So there's two sides in Paradise. Lazarus went to the side where Abraham was. The rich man's soul was carried to hell, and he was in torments.

The Greek word for "torments" in Luke 16:23 is basanos, which means a 'touchstone'. A touchstone was used of old to measure the amount of gold content in a piece of ore. The rich man's torments Jesus was pointing to was that he didn't measure up. So was he in a literal fire? He did mention in that same verse he was in a flame and was tormented by it. Does this involve emotional torment more than a literal burning? Possibly. Yet the burning sensation might be a part of it too.

Per Rev.20 at the end of the future 1,000 years, the abode of hell will go into the "lake of fire" and be destroyed. The Psalms describes the wicked consuming away and being no more, pointing to this future event.

In Isaiah 42:7, a prophecy for Jesus' Ministry, He led the prisoners in hell out of the prison house, which is where Peter was pulling from about Jesus preaching The Gospel to the "spirits in prison" at His resurrection. This suggests Jesus led those spirits who believed out of a prison house in the Heavenly. Revelation 20 mentions a pit prison where Satan will be locked up for Christ's future 1,000 years reign. So there evidently is an actual prison in the Heavenly similar to the idea of prisons here on earth for the wicked.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "hell" (I think the English spelled it helios) is where the English kept their potatoes (in a dark place, like a cellar, helios). The KJV translators translated the garbage dump in Jerusalem as "hell."
The garbage dump is where the "worm never dies and the fires never go out."
Mashed or frech frie ?