The Last Pope?? says there is no Hell!! More Signs of the Last days!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
After Jesus' resurrection we go where we're supposed to be immediately after death.

How can this be? The Judgment Day for all, has not happened yet.
None have been judged yet...the time has no come.

Reactions: pia

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
How can this be? The Judgment Day for all, has not happened yet.
None have been judged yet...the time has no come.
2 Corinthians 5:8
8we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

How would you interpret this? Paul is saying that if he were absent from the body, he'd be at home with the Lord. What do you think happens right after death?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Haha! Answering a question with a question. :D

As I say...I wont get into arguing a point...if people choose to believe that God has already sent people to hell ...then later He will call everyone together out of hell, and judge them again and maybe send them into a worse hell or something...fine. Sounds stupid and all very mixed up thinking as I read the Scripture.
But whatever. People will continue to believe what they want to believe.
That is between them and God.

Bless you...H

Reactions: pia

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Haha! Answering a question with a question. :D

As I say...I wont get into arguing a point...if people choose to believe that God has already sent people to hell ...then later He will call everyone together out of hell, and judge them again and maybe send them into a worse hell or something...fine. Sounds stupid and all very mixed up thinking as I read the Scripture.
But whatever. People will continue to believe what they want to believe.
That is between them and God.

Bless you...H
You asked. Seemed like you wanted an answer.
The saved do not go to the white throne judgement.
God can judge as He will.

Farhad

Mar 31, 2018
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear fellow Christians, please check sites like Snopes.com,
FACT CHECK: Did the Pope Say That Hell Doesn't Exist?

or in this case: Catholic News Agency:
Vatican: Don’t trust report that Pope Francis denied reality of hell

for some valid verification, before panicking and causing many other new believers and converts to Christianity to stumble that the highest authority of Christianity (in the eyes of Worlds Muslims) is debunking Bible. Your restraints and some research is much appreciated on earth and I'm sure in heaven!
Have a happy Easter!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there.
Have you ever checked out the word " everlasting" or "ever and ever" "ages,"...I mean really checked it all out and spent time doing so.?

Hell is ordained for the Devil and his angels...
It is the FIRE which is everlasting , it is not the punishment which is.

Matt 25:41 " Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels"

But, I won't argue the point, each can interpret how seems fit to them, everyone does. But not many do their own study before believing what they say they believe.

No! I have never rely search out the meaning, as you put it! all I was trying to express is that the Scripture's make mention of this place, so it would seem to me that it must exists, which is what the OP expresses is that the pope say's that it is not a reality. I try not to contemplate Hell, as I do not want any part of it, never been interested in it! LOL - Thanks for your response.

Reactions: Helen and GodsGrace

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When the Pope teaches the truth, few pay attention.
When the media lies about what the Pope said, the anti-Catholics go nuts.

On 29 March 2018, news outlets began reporting that during an interview, Pope Francis purported denied the existence of hell:

In an article titled “It Is an Honor to Be Called a Revolutionary,” La Repubblica founder Eugenio Scalfari acknowledged the pontiff’s previous remarks about how “good souls” who sought repentance from God would receive it and then asked, “What about the bad souls?” Seemingly going against centuries of core Christian belief, Pope Francis said the souls of sinners simply vanished after death and were not subject to an eternity of punishment.

“They are not punished, those who repent obtain the forgiveness of God and enter the rank of souls who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot therefore be forgiven disappear,” Pope Francis said, as translated by Catholic blog Rorate Caeli.

The Vatican quickly stepped in to provide context and clarification about the story; the Catholic News Agency reported that it was not the first time La Repubblica’s Eugenio Scalfari put those same words in the Pope’s mouth, noting that the 93-year-old journalist had also claimed that Pope Francis had made comments denying the existence of hell in 2015, but that it was Scalfari’s own “reconstruction”:

Scalfari, a self-proclaimed atheist, is the founder and former editor of Italian leftist newspaper La Repubblica. In an article published on the site March 29, Scalfari claims that Pope Francis told him, “hell doesn’t exist, the disappearance of the souls of sinners exists.”

Scalfari’s fifth meeting with Pope Francis, it is not the first time he has misrepresented the Pope’s words following a private audience.

In November 2013, following intense controversy over quotes the journalist had attributed to Francis, Scalfari admitted that at least some of the words he had published a month prior “were not shared by the Pope himself.”

In a meeting with the journalists of the Foreign Press Association of Rome in 2013, Scalfari maintained that all his interviews have been conducted without a recording device, nor taking notes while the person is speaking.

“I try to understand the person I am interviewing, and after that I write his answers with my own words,” Scalfari explained. He conceded that it is therefore possible that “some of the Pope’s words I reported, were not shared by Pope Francis.”

Despite many headlines to the contrary, the Catechism of the Catholic Church affirms “the existence of hell and its eternity,” that “immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell,” and that “the chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs.”

John Allen, editor of the Catholic blog Crux, said that there is “zero plausibility” that the pontiff actually said what Scalfari claims, as “Francis has a clear public record on the subject — he actually talks about Hell more frequently that any pope in recent memory, and he has never left any doubt that he regards it as a real possibility for one’s eternal destiny.
FACT CHECK: Did the Pope Say That Hell Doesn't Exist?

What makes people so gullible is a pre-existing hostility. Stupid people will take lessons on Catholicism from self professed atheists.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there.
Have you ever checked out the word " everlasting" or "ever and ever" "ages,"...I mean really checked it all out and spent time doing so.?

Hell is ordained for the Devil and his angels...
It is the FIRE which is everlasting , it is not the punishment which is.

Matt 25:41 " Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels"

But, I won't argue the point, each can interpret how seems fit to them, everyone does. But not many do their own study before believing what they say they believe.

I'm not quite sure where you're coming from...I'm getting the picture you don't agree with the doctrine of hell...but please correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as "everlasting" or "eternal" goes", and who it's talking about...well...let's look at scripture.

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." - Matt 25:41

As you point out, this verse says 'eternal fire', and that it's prepared for the devil and his angels. But, who is it that Jesus it talking to? It's the goats at the 'sheep and goats' judgements...that's people. People are going into the lake of fire as well. And as for the meaning of the word "eternal"....aiónios means eternal, unending or "partaking of the character of that which lasts for an age"...as in, "this age, and the age to come". When the bible talks of the 'age to come' it means eternity.

But this is not the only place it talks of the lake of fire. Revelation does as well.

"And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever." - Rev 20:10

We can see here that the lake of fire is a place of torment that endures for ever. The Greek says aiónas ho aión, when talking of the time...for the ages of the ages. It is the same word used to talk of God's glory. "To him be the glory, forever and ever" (Rom 11:36). To then suggest that hell has an end date, is to suggest that God's glory can come to an end.

Revelation continues:
"And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books." - Rev 20:12

"Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death."- Rev 20:14

"Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire." - Rev 20:15

We know from 20:10 that the Lake of fire is forever and ever, like God's own glory. And know we know that anyone who's name is not found in the book of life is cast there, along with the Devil and his angels.

We cannot and must not deny the truth about hell. Just as we cannot and must not deny how very terrible it is. Our hearts should weep and shake at the thought of people going there. It should push us forward and onward in our hope to reach our friends and families with the message of Christ and his forgiveness.
But we cannot wipe hell away. To do so would be to wipe away the seriousness of sin. The weight of sin. Sin was both terrible enough and weighty enough to need Christ's death on the cross to pay for it. What he suffered on that cross for us is probably something we will never truly be able to comprehend, but we can know this: by erasing the doctrine of hell, we belittle his sacrifice and make light of it. We make it less than it was, make the sin that it paid for not as bad as it truly is.
As much as we don't want people we know to suffer eternally I think we must pray more for the lost, rather than try and make the bible fit our world view strictly for comfort, don't you?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wont get into arguing a point
Hey there...I can't tell you exactly where, I shall try to find it, but somewhere in the epistles we are told that :" We have passed from judgement into His glorious Life."....Past tense, I think it describes more but will have to find it first.....So for believers there is NO judgement, as in Christ we are all declared 'innocent' or 'righteous', thereby believers should indeed ( upon physical death ) go to the place He has prepared ahead of time....the others may have a wait a while....But honestly, how much can we truly say that we know about what is going to take place ?.....As long as He knows I guess we'll be fine lol

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Very opinionated.
580b57fcd9996e24bc43c4c4.png

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't this right? I'm no expert on the end stuff, as I've always said...

The unsaved go to the White Throne Judement. Then they're thrown into the lake of fire.

The saved go to Jesus' Judgement seat where they're given awards, or crowns.

sources: What is the Great White Throne Judgment?
sources: What is the Judgment Seat of Christ / Bema Seat of Christ?
Dumb stuff babe, and so many people believe it, just like they believe a pre-trib rapture.
So much false doctrine going around, and coming from leaders.

Read Revelation 20:12-15;

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Dumb stuff babe, and so many people believe it, just like they believe a pre-trib rapture.
So much false doctrine going around, and coming from leaders.

Read Revelation 20:12-15;
This is why I keep away from eschatology...it's too confusing to me.
I like this verse and is more in keeping with how I see judgement:

John 5:28-29 I've posted it many times...

28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice,
29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deedsto a resurrection of judgment.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Abeliever

Oct 11, 2014
New York State USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a different type opinion that most disagree with. I think that before the great white throne judgement the unsaved are in hell or maybe purgatory if a person is Catholic. Then the judgement happens and as to the people sent to the lake of fire, that is the 2nd death, I think our human souls are burned up and utterly destroyed. There is no coming back from that. The lake of fire was created for Satan and his angels. They aren't human and they were created as immortal, therefore they won't be utterly destroyed. They will be in a hellish prison for all eternity.
I don't have much to back this up, only 1 scripture. In Matthew 10:28 Jesus says there is 1 who can destroy both body and soul in Hell. I take this to mean the 2nd death will destroy us completely. But I don't feel certain of this since the other gospels don't say it.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate to agree with the Pope but he is spot on. There is no Hell at this time. At least as man knows hell to be. The hell that man is expecting doesn't come until judgement. Everyone who leaves this flesh life returns to the Father. There they await there faith on one side of the Gulf or the other. For those who don't know of this you can read about it in the book of Luke I believe it's chapter 16 along about verse 26.
Wrong
Those that die in the Lord go with him to paradise
Those who die without him go to hell without him