The Latter Rain

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Copper25

Dec 2, 2008
Hi everyone. I received this message a few days ago from the Lord while I was reading Joel 2. I feel that this message was not just for me to hear. The specific verse that it came to me on was Joel 2:23. I hope you will consider it
Joel 2:23) Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.

There shall be a latter rain of my Glory that shall pour forth upon my people. My people shall be strong and do exploits, all those that will yield themselves to me shall be covered with a strong anointing that is from me and they shall hear my voice saying “this is the way , walk ye in it.” Truly this is a season of great change, of great reformation for all those that will give themselves to me fully. Listen to my voice and do not deviate from my words. Hearken unto me and do not follow the ways of the world, the corruption of this world; for certainly my judgment shall come upon it with great speed and all those that refuse to repent, refuse to keep their garments clean, their raiment white, shall be devoured, consumed, and eaten up by my judgment. I the Lord of host am a great judge. Shall I not recompense evil and pour my judgment forth for the iniquity? Shall I not judge the people?
Thus saith the Lord, let this be a season where you have you eyes focused on me, having listening ears, and a heart prepared to serve me, a mind willing to work, a heart of obedience. The Lord of Host is merciful and shall deliver his people in the days of trouble that are about to come upon the earth. Let the Lord reign in your hearts and let your hearts be pure before me. Let all double mindedness cease and let the whole heart turn to the Lord who is abundant in mercy and whose promises are sure, whose word is steadfast and enduring.
The trumpet has gone forth in sounding, the day of the Lord is at hand. Let my people take heart, knowing that their God, the Lord of Host , is not like the idols of the earth which cannot hear, which cannot see, and which cannot save; but can hear the cries and prayers of his people, can see the good and the evil in all places, even to the corners of the earth, and is a mighty deliverer to those that trust in him.

In Jesus name,
Daniel

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Joel 2:23) Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.

Daniel, do not miss the fact that the latter rain is preceded by the former rain. The former rain causes the seed to grow into a plant, the latter rain causes the fruit to grow and ripen.

The two words together are used in these three verses:
Former Rain Latter Rain

Jer 5:24 Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season: he reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of the harvest.

Hos 6:3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

Joe 2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.

But in Joel the word "former rain" is H4175, which is different than the other two verses. H4175 is מורה or môreh "From H3384; an archer; also teacher or teaching; also the early rain (see H3138): - (early) rain."

H4175 is also used in Ps 84:

Psa 84:5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them.
Psa 84:6 Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain (H4175) also filleth the pools.
Psa 84:7 They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.
Psa 84:8 O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.
Psa 84:9 Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.
Psa 84:10 For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
Psa 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Psa 84:12 O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.

We must have the former rain before the latter rain will produce fruit. No former rain, no plant.