The Light Set on a Hill

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And these are supportive scripture to what we see in the times of the Gentiles??

Isaiah 66:17-19 KJV
[17] They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord . [18] For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory. [19] And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.

Ezekiel 39:17-21 KJV
[17] And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord God ; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood. [18] Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan. [19] And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you. [20] Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord God . [21] And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
PS,

Part "B" or "2" of these prophecies is indeed referring to the present day: "First to the Jew, then to the gentile." It is just that these scriptures refer more to the flesh (the natural) rather than to the spirit. But it is both. Sorry, you have caught me in a rare moment of referring first to the flesh.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine..."
Pertinent post ViJ. The subjective self focused lyrics of many modern Church songs betray a drifting away.
How can one coin and sing songs like ‘A Mighty Fortress is our God’ when one has but dim vision of the depth of depravity and the overwhelming great gift poured out for us.