The "like manner" of Acts 1:9-11

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing and yet you decided to add a little so I will comment on your comments

You sound like a coverup, but I am not sure why.

No such claim was made at the time. Your “toppling” theory is just that.
Please provide some “evidence” to support your claims.
(edit by mod)

:)-
I worked for the builders. We maintained the Port Authority's police, maintenance, and operations radio, public address, and CCTV systems. The control point for our police radio primary systems were on the top floor of one of the towers. Our radiax antenna systems ran through the buildings. Our external antennas were on the roof.
My degree is in the physical sciences, not engineering but I understand simple applied physics. The conspiracy theories regarding the 2001 attacks are sheer fantasy and delusional at best, an insane affront to the thousands that died on site or later from the consequences at worst.
I was bothered by the poor response of our air national guard to the incident. At one time an ANG wing responded rapidly to any incursions to our air space by unidentified aircraft, but that was during the cold war era. These commercial flights were identified and nothing amiss was even suspected until the flights deviated from ATC instructions. No one on the ground even considered an attack in progress until the second tower was struck.

The engineering analysis that we were privileged to view as part of the engineering department wasn't a public release. An agency whose managers ' greatest concern was public perception of the agency, wasn't about to tell the general public that the buildings were designed to implode and collapse. That would amount to taking direct responsibility for all the lives lost in the collapse, despite the fact that it minimized collateral damage.
The first attack in 1993 destroyed a large portion of the garage substructure including the WTC police desk. This was a car bomb parked in the garage and while a few dozen people were killed, including some of the WTC police, the building didn't collapse, which was the intent of the bombers.
After that attack new security protocols were instituted including vehicle inspections upon entry. Multiple security camera systems were installed. A floor was devoted to facility wide surveillance extending to other Port facilities. A "suspicious activity awareness" and reporting system was instituted (and observed by long time employees like me who had no desire to be blown up,) Many restricted zones were setup in all of our facilities to limit access even to photographic reconnaissance of critical infrastructure.
In 2001 security for the trade center was very tight, meeting national standards, and employees felt secure from any ground attacks.

The federal investigation into the terrorist planning revealed that the attackers had entered the country more than a year in advance in order to adjust to the nuances of our law enforcement and security protocols, as well as to train in flight schools on how to steer the aircraft.

The mastermind of the latter attacks, Osama Bin Laden, was a Saudi National (a national ally ) and had been trained in methods of insurgency and terrorism by our own CIA during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. He was an educated and intelligent man to begin with and trained by our best "black ops." personnel.
There might have been some massive stupidity on the part of our intelligence community in training potential enemies, but that community was aware that attacks were being planned and executed. Unfortunately their intelligence wasn't sufficient to prevent the attacks. However, the increased surveillance of the general public under the patriot act definitely did prevent a number of attacks that were planned after 2001, but at the expense of privacy and contrary to a number of laws protecting civil liberties.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(edit by mod)

(edit by mod)

upload_2021-9-26_14-42-44.png

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 1:11
"Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”​

Now it seems reasonable to determine that the acts of God whom is spirit would in "like manner", be spiritual or in spirit. This would be according to Christ's own clarification that, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:6

How is it then, that so many (nearly all) people read of Jesus' ascension where He delivers on His committing only His spirit to the Father, consider the "like manner" to be the likeness of the flesh and what is common to this world...when the subject is the kingdom of God which is not of this world? What is the likeness to the things of the flesh and the things of this world?

I tell you--there is none!

It would appear that few have actually taken to heart that those born of the flesh, in addition to the need to be born again of the spirit of God...also need to develop a new perspective, a kingdom perspective, the "renewing of your mind" to spiritual things...and let that fleshly and worldly perspective die once and for all with that "old man."

And then get ready...because the word of God will take on a whole new meaning "in spirit and in truth!"

In Zechariah 14:5Jesus literally returns to Mount Olive with all the saints with Him - where He then remains, and the nations such as Egypt come into the gates of Jerusalem to worship Jesus, (Zechariah14:16-19) who will be literally and bodily sitting on the throne of David, forever.

Both the new and old testaments prophesied His earthly and unending kingdom:

Luk 1:32He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the THRONE of his father David:

Luk 1:33And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Isa 9:7Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the THRONE of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

1Ki 2:45And king Solomon shall be blessed, and the THRONE of David shall be established before the LORD for ever.

Jeremiah 23:5-6“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, that I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; a King shall reign and prosper, and execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell safely; now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS”

Reactions: charity and marks