The living word of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Jesus is Gods word, and this is a true statement, the Spirit of Christ has been the word of God since the begginning of time. The earth was created and formed by JAHs word that proceeded forth from him, his word being the Spirit of Christ.. the holy books of the bible is the word of God written in ink on paper. The book itself is just a book, it can be burned or destroyed, but spiritually the word of the LORD will stand forever and shall never pass away. Some folks contantly say 'stay in context never leave it, if it is not said in exact words of the holy book then it is heresy' But Gods word is a living spirit and is not limited only to what is in a book. but what God tells someone wont contradict what is written in those books. Every jot in the holy books was written by the Spirit as he moved men..
will post a verse later

Reactions: gregg

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I truly wish all others who claim to be Christian had the same basic understanding of this. If it were I don't believe there would be as much splintering of the church as we have today. Witnesses would be able to trust the Son. Mormons would not follow false prophets. Catholics would have never given out the Missile instead of the Bible. Teachings would come much easier to new Christians with the solid foundation of truth. The only thing I might say is the spirit of Christ was with God, was God, before time (as we know it) even began.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great comments.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Nice thoughts Disciple....

The only thing I'm not sure I agree with is that the Spirit won't disagree with the bible... I think He just wont tell you to do what's wrong...

For instance the bible might say not to lie... but the Spirit might tell you to lie to protect the spies like the harlot Rahab...

Or the Spirit might tell you not to kill your kids for cursing you when Leviticus says, "Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death."

So the only thing I know for sure... is that the Spirit will tell me to do what's right... the foundational reason for that being that the Spirit is Love because God is Love...