The Lord needs visitors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

The Lord laid this on my heart about a week ago, that He is looking for visitors, that He may bless them visited. I do some work in hospitals and doctor's offices. Since then, I have walked down patient hallways stepping in at random, to visit the sick. He does not say we pray, prophesy, or preach, but only visit.

I knock, enter, excuse myself, and ask if they are ok. Some I have visited, and others I go my way. Some have appreciated the visit, some have confessed the Lord. No healings. Yet.

I'm just a visitor on behalf of Jesus. If nothing else happens, I am deeply refreshed by the presence and Spirit of Christ.

P.s. I use wisdom not to intrude nor butt in on anything, nor make myself obvious to nurses and staff. I'm just a visitor passing by, entering into a room, and excuse myself for intruding. That does happen in hospitals.

Obviously we can't do this with the jailed prisoners. But we can register for 'chaplain' visits for those that want them.

Reactions: dev553344 and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

The Lord laid this on my heart about a week ago, that He is looking for visitors, that He may bless them visited. I do some work in hospitals and doctor's offices. Since then, I have walked down patient hallways stepping in at random, to visit the sick. He does not say we pray, prophesy, or preach, but only visit.

I knock, enter, excuse myself, and ask if they are ok. Some I have visited, and others I go my way. Some have appreciated the visit, some have confessed the Lord. No healings. Yet.

I'm just a visitor on behalf of Jesus. If nothing else happens, I am deeply refreshed by the presence and Spirit of Christ.

P.s. I use wisdom not to intrude nor butt in on anything, nor make myself obvious to nurses and staff. I'm just a visitor passing by, entering into a room, and excuse myself for intruding. That does happen in hospitals.

Obviously we can't do this with the jailed prisoners. But we can register for 'chaplain' visits for those that want them.
That's wonderful!!

I've learned that almost everyone is happy to have even a stranger stop in. The Holy Spirit can really use someone who will just show up with the willingness to share love.

Even when I was a 10 year old kid delivering newspapers I learned to do the street with the convalescent/assisted living last, because they'd keep me in there forever just to talk with them.

And I've seen as well even dementia patients, if they know Jesus, will come to life at the sound of His Name. I've seen those who don't know who they are, or where they are, but know every word of Old Rugged Cross, and give their attention to the reading of the Word.

I agree, hospitals are great places to touch the spirit, as the flesh is weakened.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's wonderful!!

I've learned that almost everyone is happy to have even a stranger stop in. The Holy Spirit can really use someone who will just show up with the willingness to share love.

Even when I was a 10 year old kid delivering newspapers I learned to do the street with the convalescent/assisted living last, because they'd keep me in there forever just to talk with them.

And I've seen as well even dementia patients, if they know Jesus, will come to life at the sound of His Name. I've seen those who don't know who they are, or where they are, but know every word of Old Rugged Cross, and give their attention to the reading of the Word.

I agree, hospitals are great places to touch the spirit, as the flesh is weakened.

Much love!
Just remember that is a strangers love refuses the gospel and brings not the gospel but rather rejects it
yeah dont even eat with such a one . cause love that denies Christ aint no love i want any part of , let alone IT AINT LOVE .
But yeah , let us preach CHRIST THE KING to all that has breath and do good unto all . But never sip tea
with one who preaches the all inclusive lie , rather correct such a one and if they wont heed
part ways and bid them not god speed for sake of unity . For light makes not its bed with darkness
and if the LIGHT that is one denies Christ as the only means for salvation , IT AINT LIGHT no matter how many good works it does .
Okay , back to the subject at hand . Just a friendly reminder is all .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Great, that is very nice of you. I have visited with the elderly for a few of them and they love to talk about their history. They probably get lonely.

I help people for my service. It is so rewarding. But the sheep and goats spells out a few things we can do. I can only help people pretty much. Can't visit hospitals.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's wonderful!!

Much love!
All it takes is a simple hello, are you doing OK. If they need medical assistance, just pass it on to the nearest nurse, and move on. One thing is for sure, the very light around becomes 7 times brighter and promising.

Reactions: marks

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great, that is very nice of you. I have visited with the elderly for a few of them and they love to talk about their history. They probably get lonely.

I help people for my service. It is so rewarding. But the sheep and goats spells out a few things we can do. I can only help people pretty much. Can't visit hospitals.
I've applied for a prison pass with anyone that can preach to them. I just tag along so to speak, but anything can happen.

For with God nothing shall be impossible.

• Love
Reactions: dev553344 and marks

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've applied for a prison pass with anyone that can preach to them. I just tag along so to speak, but anything can happen.

For with God nothing shall be impossible.
When I was in jail after having my psychotic eposide, I went to church in jail. It was a nice break from cell life.

Reactions: robert derrick