• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I worked long hours in a tough retail management job in London, often 12 - 15 hours 6 days a week, I would come home totally bushed. One day I picked up a magazine off the street, it's headline caught my eye " God loves YOU He wants to bless YOU" I thought I'll have some of that.

Of course it was American, charting the successes of a certain evangelical movement, whose work was mainly in Africa. Full of pictures, full of stories about miracles.

I didn't believe the miracles but I did love the sermons "Christ IN you" and so I ticked the relevant box to receive more copies.

Strange thing, the magazine was published bi- monthly from America and would arrive anything between 6- 10 weeks but I always KNEW on the journey home that the magazine had arrived.

I bought a bible to check out the claims and I was always aware of a strange sweet presence of peace while I read it.

One day I read the story of a poor crippled beggar in Poncé Peurto Rico, his face was honest. He said he'd been hopelessly crippled for 16 years but during prayer at the gospel meeting he stood for the first time in those 16 years perfectly healed. He finished his testimony with the scripture Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday and today and forever"

Wow I understood it.

We must come to Him as they came in the bible, crying to be saved ... and I did, and I was. Hallelujah, wonderfully saved.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I worked long hours in a tough retail management job in London, often 12 - 15 hours 6 days a week, I would come home totally bushed. One day I picked up a magazine off the street, it's headline caught my eye " God loves YOU He wants to bless YOU" I thought I'll have some of that.

Of course it was American, charting the successes of a certain evangelical movement, whose work was mainly in Africa. Full of pictures, full of stories about miracles.

I didn't believe the miracles but I did love the sermons "Christ IN you" and so I ticked the relevant box to receive more copies.

Strange thing, the magazine was published bi- monthly from America and would arrive anything between 6- 10 weeks but I always KNEW on the journey home that the magazine had arrived.

I bought a bible to check out the claims and I was always aware of a strange sweet presence of peace while I read it.

One day I read the story of a poor crippled beggar in Poncé Peurto Rico, his face was honest. He said he'd been hopelessly crippled for 16 years but during prayer at the gospel meeting he stood for the first time in those 16 years perfectly healed. He finished his testimony with the scripture Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday and today and forever"

Wow I understood it.

We must come to Him as they came in the bible, crying to be saved ... and I did, and I was. Hallelujah, wonderfully saved.

Oh wow Billy, what a testimony. I so love hearing what God is doing in people's lives. I much prefer stuff like that to the discussions and speculations you usually find on these sites. Mixed in with all that other stuff there are often gems of wisdom and insight; encouragement and inspiration. If you can get past all the boring stuff it's a good site.

Reactions: marks and amadeus

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh wow Billy, what a testimony. I so love hearing what God is doing in people's lives. I much prefer stuff like that to the discussions and speculations you usually find on these sites. Mixed in with all that other stuff there are often gems of wisdom and insight; encouragement and inspiration. If you can get past all the boring stuff it's a good site.

Hi ya, thanks, Praise the Lord

I often think of forums as though they were the crowds that followed Jesus, one says one thing another chimes in with something else a third says something really wild ... then Jesus speaks, and His word has power and authority.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I often think of forums as though they were the crowds that followed Jesus, one says one thing another chimes in with something else a third says something really wild ... then Jesus speaks, and His word has power and authority.

Some of the discussions can get a bit heated and I prefer to keep away from them. I simply want to talk about Jesus who should be the focus of a Christians life. I have a simple faith. My own spiritual journey began just over 43 years ago through reading a booklet somebody had given me. How long has it been for you?

And you're a Brit like me.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Interesting comment..about Forums.
- I am on several Christian Forums.
----
Your story on #1 post (OP) reminds..
- Power of Christian literature (tracts, magazine, etc..) for outreach ministry/mission.
-It is still effective & needed.. in many countries.

Blessings,

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some of the discussions can get a bit heated and I prefer to keep away from them. I simply want to talk about Jesus who should be the focus of a Christians life. I have a simple faith. My own spiritual journey began just over 43 years ago through reading a booklet somebody had given me. How long has it been for you?

And you're a Brit like me.
yowee would you bleeve 43 years ago ...

Reactions: Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Lord uses all sorts of sources...

As long as the content is Scriptural, fine... :)

1 Samuel 7.12: EBENEZER, 'Hitherto hath the LORD helped us'.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The tiger climbed down the tree and spotted me.
Wasting no time, it lunged at me with a ferocity that would have melted an unbelieving heart.
Bolstered by my faith, I raised my .303, got the beast in my sights, squeezed the trigger, and hit the beast square between the eyes.
As it let out one last roar, it collapsed a mere arms breadth from my feet.
I guess there was one round left in the magazine after all. :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What got my attention were the books The Late Great Planet Earth, and, What the World is Coming To. And I realized that the Bible was nothing like anything else, and I had been checking other things. But the prophecies in the Bible were real, so I figured I'd better listen to the rest of what God was saying.

That was 39 years ago.

Much love!

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What got my attention were the books The Late Great Planet Earth, and, What the World is Coming To. And I realized that the Bible was nothing like anything else, and I had been checking other things. But the prophecies in the Bible were real, so I figured I'd better listen to the rest of what God was saying.

That was 39 years ago.

Much love!
Folks have a funny idea about christians, they think we opened the bible at Genesis and swallowed it hook line and sinker, but it is just as you say, a particular truth pierces our heart like a flaming arrow and lo truth has found an entrance with us ... we thirst for more.

Reactions: marks and Pearl

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The tiger climbed down the tree and spotted me.
Wasting no time, it lunged at me with a ferocity that would have melted an unbelieving heart.
Bolstered by my faith, I raised my .303, got the beast in my sights, squeezed the trigger, and hit the beast square between the eyes.
As it let out one last roar, it collapsed a mere arms breadth from my feet.
I guess there was one round left in the magazine after all. :)

Idag'a'rag a magazine
these folk know Jesus
where have they been?
I read alone all unseen
and cried aloud to be made clean

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Folks have a funny idea about christians, they think we opened the bible at Genesis and swallowed it hook line and sinker, but it is just as you say, a particular truth pierces our heart like a flaming arrow and lo truth has found an entrance with us ... we thirst for more.

And even though you may have read a passage many times before you can read it again and something fresh will jun off the page.

Reactions: Billy Evmur

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And even though you may have read a passage many times before you can read it again and something fresh will jun off the page.
I used to stare long and hard at Hebrews 13-8 never could understand it
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever, when I read that fella's story I understood it ... I had been brought up devout Catholic where folk are not encouraged to come directly to Jesus [though of course many do] here this man cried out to Him just like they did in the bible "Jesus. Jesus. have mercy on ME" that's the way, that works.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I used to stare long and hard at Hebrews 13-8 never could understand it
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever, when I read that fella's story I understood it ... I had been brought up devout Catholic where folk are not encouraged to come directly to Jesus [though of course many do] here this man cried out to Him just like they did in the bible "Jesus. Jesus. have mercy on ME" that's the way, that works.

Praise God.

Reactions: Billy Evmur