The Main Reason Christ died on the Cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

waynemlj

Feb 8, 2008
Acording to my reading of Scripture from the Old Testament, there are many occasions where God demonstrates His Love, Patience, Endurance, Wrath, and Purpose to have a people of His own that would worship Him and Him only.I don't see any evidence to make me conclude that God's Justice was ever properly displayed or, better to say, satisfied. Oh, yes, he wiped out a couple of wicked cities and even almost the whole of His creation with the flood, but the people afterward were as evil and disobedient to Him as previously. And even the animal sacrifices were not a demonstration of His terrible wrath against mankind.And here and there God killed people to demonstrate His Holiness and Sovereignty . . . Nadab and Abihu for offering strange fire (Ex. 6:23) and Ananias and his wife Sapphira, who did not give the total value of their property to Peter, and they were killed as their punishment for lying to the Holy Spirit, Uzzah, who touched the Ark of the Covenant to keep it from falling off the cart and was killed instantly, and sundry others, but these acts of God were to teach His people that He was the completely Holy and Sovereign Lord of all.But when God punished sin in His own Beloved Son on the cross, for the first time, His Justice against man's disobedience was satified. His full wrath against the sins of men was inflicted on Jesus. That's what Jesus came to the cross to endure.God showed forth His Justice in the punishment of Jesus for all who would be saved. That's why we, who believe, can rejoice in the words of Romans 8:1, "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."So, first, Christ died to satisfy the Justice of God and secondly to save sinners who would believe in Jesus for salvation, which was now made possible.Praise be to God for His revelation of His Glory!waynemlj