Paul: "The Gospel is the Power of God unto Salvation"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Paul mean when he said, "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation"? Romans 1:16.

While Jesus was dying on the cross a lot of things were happening. One of the greatest things that was happening is that Jesus was defeating sin, death and the devil and was reconciling us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. God demanded a perfect sacrifice for the sins of humanity, Jesus was that perfect sacrifice.

"For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

While Jesus was dying on the cross the sky turned dark and then the veil that covered the "Holy of Holies" was torn by God from the top to the bottom. This signified the end of the Old Covenant and the beginning of the New Covenant. There was an earthquake and rocks were split into, graves were opened and people that were dead came out of their tombs and went into Jerusalem. Matthew 27:45-56. It must have been a site to behold.

I believe that when Paul said, "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation" that he was thinking about the death and the resurrection of Jesus. With great power God resurrected Jesus from the dead and seated him at his own right hand, making him "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. If you are concerned about your salvation, I can assure you that it is in a very safe and secure place in heaven where no one can steal it or pervert it.

I believe that all of heaven went into shock when Jesus sacrificed himself for the sins of humanity, especially Satan. The law says, "The soul that sins must die" Jesus in our name and on our behalf took our death for us so that we can become the righteousness of God in him.

Reactions: Nancy

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Paul mean when he said, "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation"? Romans 1:16.

While Jesus was dying on the cross a lot of things were happening. One of the greatest things that was happening is that Jesus was defeating sin, death and the devil and was reconciling us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. God demanded a perfect sacrifice for the sins of humanity, Jesus was that perfect sacrifice.

"For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

While Jesus was dying on the cross the sky turned dark and then the veil that covered the "Holy of Holies" was torn by God from the top to the bottom. This signified the end of the Old Covenant and the beginning of the New Covenant. There was an earthquake and rocks were split into, graves were opened and people that were dead came out of their tombs and went into Jerusalem. Matthew 27:45-56. It must have been a site to behold.

I believe that when Paul said, "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation" that he was thinking about the death and the resurrection of Jesus. With great power God resurrected Jesus from the dead and seated him at his own right hand, making him "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. If you are concerned about your salvation, I can assure you that it is in a very safe and secure place in heaven where no one can steal it or pervert it.

I believe that all of heaven went into shock when Jesus sacrificed himself for the sins of humanity, especially Satan. The law says, "The soul that sins must die" Jesus in our name and on our behalf took our death for us so that we can become the righteousness of God in him.
Jesus having defeated sin, death and the devil was taken up into heaven and was seated at the right hand of God, a place of honor and respect. He had finished the work that the Father had given him to do. We can now say with all sincerity that we are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. When Jesus lived, we lived in him. When Jesus died, we died with him. Spiritually we are in heaven with him, Colossians 3:3.