The many errors and contradictions found in Amillennialism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ugh. No. Jesus's kingdom is not of this world, and will never be. My goodness. Where do you get such an idea?

Everyone knows Christ's kingdom will be of this world at the 7th trump and will be here eternally in the eternity.

Well, yes, no more sin... in the new heaven and new earth. But the millennium, not so much. :) Unless somehow you think Revelation 21 comes before Revelation 20, but you don't, right? :)

Don't throw strawman fallacies at me. The Millennium will be devoid of war and rebellion and deception from satan. Your Millennium has all of that and more wickedness and a world not under Christ's rule. The real Millennium will have Christ firmly ruling and making sure those wicked things don't exist.

The Gospel is unhindered now, ewq1938.

You are wrong, badly wrong. The gospel is under attack and the enemy is winning, which of course is how it's supposed to be, getting worse and worse until the Great Tribulation when war against the saints will happen and they will be overcome, Revelation 13.

The Gospel is not hindered in any way.

You are living in an imaginary fantasy. The truth is the world is against Christians and the gospel.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have pointed out the majority of this current kingdom are physically enjoying Paradise. No more sin and death. Christ will make that a reality on earth for 1,000 years.
Okay, well then we agree, it seems, that this sinless, deathless reality ~ even Paradise (restored) ~ is in the future. But when it comes, it will have no end. We disagree on the nature of and the timing of God's millennium. As I said to ewq1938 above, God's millennium is described in at least two places:

1. "Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved..." (Romans 11:25-26)

ADDED: Paul doesn't actually call it a millennium or refer to it as such or as "a thousand years," but it is what it is, and he fleshes out what that looks like on a person-by-person basis in his letter to the Ephesians:​

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ ~ by grace you have been saved ~ and raised us up with Him and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus..." (Ephesians 2:4-6)​

2. "Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years." (Revelation 20:4-6)​

Grace and peace to you.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone knows Christ's kingdom will be of this world at the 7th trump and will be here eternally in the eternity.

Don't throw strawman fallacies at me. The Millennium will be devoid of war and rebellion and deception from satan. Your Millennium has all of that and more wickedness and a world not under Christ's rule. The real Millennium will have Christ firmly ruling and making sure those wicked things don't exist.

You are wrong, badly wrong. The gospel is under attack and the enemy is winning, which of course is how it's supposed to be, getting worse and worse until the Great Tribulation when war against the saints will happen and they will be overcome, Revelation 13.

You are living in an imaginary fantasy. The truth is the world is against Christians and the gospel.
There won't be a 1,000 year kingdom upon this earth, where Jesus sits on a throne while mortal humans run about this earth "After" Jesus Returns, this is a man made fairy tale found no place in scripture

Reality, Jesus returns in fire and final judgment, dissolving the heavens and earth by fire (The End)

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PinSeeker: Revelation 20:1-3 corresponds to His first coming and life on earth

Nope.

Yeah, you think not. I get it. But it does... :)

It starts with those who died in the Great Tribulation who refuse the mark of the beast. That happens in Revelation 13, which is LONG after the death of Christ.
Short and long. To us... :) But with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Nothing you say matches what Revelation 20 says.[/QUOTE]
So you think. And that's... okay. :)

No, the physically dead are not being resurrected. Revelation 20:4-6 is not referring to the physically dead.
I agree, actually; yeah, that's... not what I said. Or insinuated. But seeing a physical resurrection in Revelation 20:4-6 is the problem. The physical resurrection is the second, described in Revelation 20:12... actually, this physical resurrection has just occurred, as they are all standing before Him. Jesus said, in John 5:28-29, "Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment." What He said there (foretold) is what has just happened when we get to Revelation 20:12.

The gospel is being hindered and Christians being jailed and killed.
The more this happens, the more the Gospel spreads, actually, and the more complete God's kingdom becomes. People think they are hindering the Gospel by doing so, but God is bringing His Israel to completion. They are standing ankle deep on the proverbial beach, as it were, and telling the waves to stop, to no avail, as they keep rolling in. As Jesus says to Peter in Matthew 16, "I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Wrong, that's how the Partial Preterist Amills read it.
Okay, we'll agree to disagree on that.

Premills are futurists.
Right, and that's a problem. :)

You apparently don't know your own doctrine let alone mine.
I think I could throw that right back at you, ewq1938... but I won't. Well, I kind of just did, didn't I? :) Sorry...

Pretribs get the Premillennialism part right but the rest wrong. Amills get the post-trib part right but the rest wrong.
Plenty of bones to pick there, but I'll refrain.

Most Amills and most Pretribs have something in common, both think "Jesus" can return at any moment.
Maybe we can leave it at that.

No I didn't which is why you do not prove it by quoting me.
You said, ewq1938 ~ and I quote ~ "Amillennialism is really Post-mill as they believe the return of Christ comes after the Millennium is over." That statement is a refutation (though you will deny this, too, I'm sure) or your statement that ~ and I quote again ~ "The name doesn't have anything related to the timing of his return." All this is kind of a throw-away, anyway, really... not something worth contending by either you or me.

Typical accusatory Amillennial behavior.
giphy.gif

Sure. But it will finally be here in its fullness then. It will not be as if it's not been here before that. Jesus said so, when He was here, several times.

Don't throw strawman fallacies at me.
Never would I do such a thing.

The Millennium will be devoid of war and rebellion and deception from satan.
No, actually, straight from the horse's (Jesus's) mouth, "many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray... you will hear of wars and rumors of wars... nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places..." All these things have been, are, and will be realities.

Your Millennium has all of that and more wickedness and a world not under Christ's rule.
Ah, well, that all these things have been, are, and will continue to happen does not mean that Christ is not on His millennial throne, ruling from heaven. But He is in control, though it may not seem like it to us, who are of such little faith. We are like Peter, when he actually walked on water, but then was afraid because he saw the wind and began to sink, crying out, “Lord, save me.” And Jesus reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"

The real Millennium will have Christ firmly ruling and making sure those wicked things don't exist.
This is pretty much what the Jews thought the Messiah would do when He came...

The gospel is under attack...
This is a different thing than saying the Gospel is unhindered. I agree. But... see above.

...the enemy is winning...
It only seems that way to us on this side of the "curtain."

...getting worse and worse...
This I agree with.

until the Great Tribulation when war against the saints will happen and they will be overcome, Revelation 13.
Sure, there will be a final battle. Sure. Revelation 13, also Revelation 19:11-21, also Revelation 20:7-9... All these are the same set of events and will take place at the close of the age. Sure. Jesus wins. That's basically the theme of Revelation. Sure.

The truth is the world is against Christians and the gospel.
I... agree. How many times have I said that? I've lost count, now... :)

Grace and peace to you.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see the world for what it is now and it is not anything that you pretend that it is. You are wrong, plainly and clearly.
How am I pretending that it is? I'm talking about the kingdom that is not of this world, does not come with observation and is experienced by way of peace and joy through the Holy Spirit. Is that the kingdom you're talking about? If not, then you have your focus on the wrong kingdom.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's Premillennialism language. Most Amills if not all are Partial Preterists. They believe the Great Tribulation and all of Revelation 13 etc is fulfilled in the past and does in fact read as a history book. Premills stand against that as futurists.
Please stop being ignorant. It is absolutely not true that "most Amills if not all are Partial Preterists". If you keep saying things like that then it will become impossible to take you seriously. Educate yourself before saying such ignorant things.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please stop being ignorant. It is absolutely not true that "most Amills if not all are Partial Preterists". If you keep saying things like that then it will become impossible to take you seriously. Educate yourself before saying such ignorant things.

It is well known most Amills are Partial Preterists. The accusation of ignorance is all yours.

https://www.theopedia.com/preterism

"Nearly all Partial Preterists hold to amillennialism or postmillennialism."

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Partial preterists hold that prophecies such as the destruction of Jerusalem, the Antichrist, the Great Tribulation, and the advent of the Day of the Lord as a "judgment-coming" of Christ were fulfilled circa 70 AD. Amillennialists do not hold this at all.

Partial preterists also hold that the term Last Days refers not to the last days of planet Earth or the last days of humankind, but rather to the last days of the Mosaic covenant which God had exclusively with national Israel until the year AD 70. Amillennialists do not hold to this, either.

Now, the article that you referenced does say that nearly all Partial Preterists hold to amillennialism or postmillennialism. This is a very different statement than the one you are making, that "most Amills are Partial Preterists." This assertion of yours is ignorant, even according to the article you yourself posted.

This is not meant to be disrespectful to you, ewq1938. But it is what it is.

Grace and peace to you.

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
32. Is the thousand years/Millennium over and we are now in the little season where satan raises a final army?

There are a lot of problems with this theory.

When did the Millennium end exactly?
When did the little season begin?
Does Revelation 20 suggest satan waits to raise his final army?
Why isn't there a camp of the saints outside of Jerusalem now?
Why is deception still a problem for the nations as it has been for the last 2,000 years?
Shouldn't there have been a drastic change in the world between satan being bound and satan being unbound?
How did Islam become quickly very popular within the time of the Amillennial "Millennium" if satan was bound from deceiving the nations?
Why didn't the rule of Christ put an end to Islam? Why did the Amillennial saints sit back and do nothing to stop it?
Why were any false religions founded during the Amillennial "Millennium"?

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Revelation 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Revelation 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

The truth is we are neither in the Millennium or satan's little season. When the real Millennium ends, satan is released and gathers together a final army that quickly goes to surround Jerusalem and the camp of the saints. That hasn't happened and isn't happening now so it is literally impossible that we are in the little season just as it is impossible that we could be in the Millennium now or were in the Millennium in the past. None of the events that precede the Millennium have even happened yet.

Amillennialism is desperate to explain why satan has so much power in the world today. Typically they claim his power is limited in the Millennium but not taken away completely. Some seem to prefer to claim we are in the little season so they can say satan is unbound and his powers to deceive are back in full. At least they are closer to the truth than those who still desperately claim we are living in the glorious Millennial kingdom. Look around, this world is not a kingdom Christ and his saints are ruling over. That is painfully obvious.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
32. Is the thousand years/Millennium over and we are now in the little season where satan raises a final army?

I agree. Fatal problems. It's a non-starter, really. This is assuredly not my theory at all, nor that of any amillennialist worth his or her salt.

It hasn't ended.

It hasn't started.

Amillennialism is desperate to explain why satan has so much power in the world today.
Not at all. You just don't like the answer.

Typically they claim his power is limited in the Millennium but not taken away completely.
His power to deceive the nations ~ which is exactly what Revelation 20 clearly says ~ is taken away completely. For now, because, as Revelation 20 says, he will be loosed for a short time at the end of the millennium.

Look around, this world is not a kingdom Christ and his saints are ruling over.
Not in full yet; the kingdom has yet to be consummated, but... it's going to happen, when Jesus comes back.

Grace and peace to you, ewq1938.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is well known most Amills are Partial Preterists.
No, it isn't.

The accusation of ignorance is all yours.
You say this but you have now doubled down on your ignorance.

"Nearly all Partial Preterists hold to amillennialism or postmillennialism."
You're using that quote to support your false claim? You're not even thinking here. To say that most amills are partial preterists is not the same thing as saying "Nearly all Partial Preterists hold to amillennialism or postmillennialism". How can you not see that?

Being a partial preterist does mean you are almost certainly also an amillennialist (or postmillennialist), but that doesn't mean that being an amillennialist means you are most likely a partial preterist. Using the flawed logic you're using here, someone could say that most NBA players are black men and therefore most black men are NBA players.

Now, maybe a definition of terms is needed here. The only way that what you're saying could possibly be true is if you have a very different definition of a partial preterist than what I do. In my view a partial preterist is someone who believes all or most of the Olivet Discourse is fulfilled and all or most of the book of Revelation is fulfilled. That certainly does not describe most amillennialists.

Last edited:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Partial preterists hold that prophecies such as the destruction of Jerusalem, the Antichrist, the Great Tribulation, and the advent of the Day of the Lord as a "judgment-coming" of Christ were fulfilled circa 70 AD. Amillennialists do not hold this at all.

Partial preterists also hold that the term Last Days refers not to the last days of planet Earth or the last days of humankind, but rather to the last days of the Mosaic covenant which God had exclusively with national Israel until the year AD 70. Amillennialists do not hold to this, either.
I don't completely agree with what you're saying here. But, I think we need to define what an amillennialist believes, generally speaking. In general, an amillennialist believes that the thousand years is not a literal thousand years and does not occur after the second coming of Christ. By that definition, partial preterists are amillennialists. But, with that said, it's not true that most amillennialists are partial preterists (those who believe the things you described) as ewq1938 is falsely claiming.

Now, the article that you referenced does say that nearly all Partial Preterists hold to amillennialism or postmillennialism. This is a very different statement than the one you are making, that "most Amills are Partial Preterists." This assertion of yours is ignorant, even according to the article you yourself posted.
Exactly. Those are two completely different statements that are not at all saying the same thing. I believe the first statement is true, but it doesn't make the second statement true. As I told him, that would be like saying most NBA players are black men and that means most black men are NBA players. That's obviously ludicrous, but that's exactly the kind of logic he's using.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Does Revelation 20 suggest satan waits to raise his final army?
Why isn't there a camp of the saints outside of Jerusalem now?
Why is deception still a problem for the nations as it has been for the last 2,000 years?
Shouldn't there have been a drastic change in the world between satan being bound and satan being unbound?
How did Islam become quickly very popular within the time of the Amillennial "Millennium" if satan was bound from deceiving the nations?
Why didn't the rule of Christ put an end to Islam? Why did the Amillennial saints sit back and do nothing to stop it?
Why were any false religions founded during the Amillennial "Millennium"?

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Revelation 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Revelation 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

The truth is we are neither in the Millennium or satan's little season. When the real Millennium ends, satan is released and gathers together a final army that quickly goes to surround Jerusalem and the camp of the saints. That hasn't happened and isn't happening now so it is literally impossible that we are in the little season just as it is impossible that we could be in the Millennium now or were in the Millennium in the past. None of the events that precede the Millennium have even happened yet.

Amillennialism is desperate to explain why satan has so much power in the world today. Typically they claim his power is limited in the Millennium but not taken away completely. Some seem to prefer to claim we are in the little season so they can say satan is unbound and his powers to deceive are back in full. At least they are closer to the truth than those who still desperately claim we are living in the glorious Millennial kingdom. Look around, this world is not a kingdom Christ and his saints are ruling over. That is painfully obvious.
Everything you're saying here is based on a false understanding of what Satan's binding entails. Of course, Amillennialism isn't going to make sense according to YOUR understanding of Satan's binding, but, that doesn't matter since your understanding is flawed.

What is painfully obvious to me is that Premils like yourself are unable to discern the tremendous difference Christ's death and resurrection, and the subsequent preaching of the gospel made in the world. And how much that affected what Satan was able to do compared to what he was previously able to do in the world. In New Testament times, multitudes of people have been saved. How about in Old Testament times? Far less people were saved. But, Premils act as if nothing changed in the world after Christ came and the gospel of Christ began to be preached throughout the world. Premils are unable to discern that passages like the following relate to the binding of Satan:

Matthew 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. 29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Luke 11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. 21 When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: 22 But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

Hebrews 2:14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

1 John 3:8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.

Acts 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my view a partial preterist is someone who believes all or most of the Olivet Discourse is fulfilled and all or most of the book of Revelation is fulfilled. That certainly does not describe most amillennialists.

It does describe most.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything you're saying here is based on a false understanding of what Satan's binding entails.

Everything YOU'RE saying here is based on a false understanding of what Satan's binding entails. At least Premills recognize and talk about satan's imprisonment. Amills don't because they cannot have him in a prison or else Amillennialism falls apart.

What is painfully obvious to me is that Premils like yourself are unable to discern the tremendous difference Christ's death and resurrection, and the subsequent preaching of the gospel made in the world. And how much that affected what Satan was able to do compared to what he was previously able to do in the world. In New Testament times, multitudes of people have been saved. How about in Old Testament times? Far less people were saved. But, Premils act as if nothing changed in the world after Christ came and the gospel of Christ began to be preached throughout the world.

To those reading. This is false Amillennialism propaganda. Premills know the difference between His death and resurrection (who doesn't??) And about the gospel. Amillennialism has nothing valid to say about Premillennialism so they make up these types of lies.

Matthew 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. 29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Luke 11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. 21 When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: 22 But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

This is clearly about casting out devils, not imprisoning satan in the pit. Amillennialism doesn't want anyone to know that.

Hebrews 2:14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

1 John 3:8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.

Acts 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

This is basic Christianity everyone already understands. Amillennialism wants to conflate that with the time of the Millennium when satan is imprisoned and cannot deceive the nations. Amillennialism teaches satan is not imprisoned in the Millennium and can still deceive the nations, going against what the the Holy bible says in Revelation 20.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does describe most.
No, it does not. Where are you getting your information from that says most amillennialists are partial preterists according to how I defined them? That is simply not true. Are you willing to admit you messed up by thinking that most partial preterists being amils somehow also means most amils are partial preterists?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything YOU'RE saying here is based on a false understanding of what Satan's binding entails. At least Premills recognize and talk about satan's imprisonment. Amills don't because they cannot have him in a prison or else Amillennialism falls apart.
Yes, you believe that a spirit being can somehow be literally chained up in a prison. That makes as much sense as your belief that Jesus will literally slay people with a symbolic sword that comes out of His mouth.

To those reading. This is false Amillennialism propaganda. Premills know the difference between His death and resurrection (who doesn't??) And about the gospel. Amillennialism has nothing valid to say about Premillennialism so they make up these types of lies.
Lies? Many times I have seen Premils indicate that they don't see much of a difference as it relates to Satan between Old Testament and New Testament times. So, I'm not lying. You're lying by saying that I'm lying.

So, tell me how much of a difference you believe Christ's ministry, death, resurrection and the preaching of His gospel has made in the world and how much of a difference it has made as it relates to Satan.

This is clearly about casting out devils, not imprisoning satan in the pit. Amillennialism doesn't want anyone to know that.
It's about the power Christ had over our spiritual enemies, which is power that we also have. It's too bad not many Christians realize the power we have over our spiritual enemies.

This is basic Christianity everyone already understands. Amillennialism wants to conflate that with the time of the Millennium when satan is imprisoned and cannot deceive the nations. Amillennialism teaches satan is not imprisoned in the Millennium and can still deceive the nations, going against what the the Holy bible says in Revelation 20.
No, Amillennialism does not go against what it says in Revelation 20 at all. That is yet another false accusation coming from you. We go against what Premillennialism says, not what the Bible says.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We go against what Premillennialism says, not what the Bible says.

You go against what5 Revelation 20 says. It says he is imprisoned and CANNOT deceive the nations. Amillennialism teaches he isn't imprisoned and can deceive the nations.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You go against what5 Revelation 20 says. It says he is imprisoned and CANNOT deceive the nations. Amillennialism teaches he isn't imprisoned and can deceive the nations.
This is not a case of one view accepting what the text says and one not as you're trying to make it out to be. Amillennialism accepts what the text says, but recognizes that it's figurative language rather than literal. You act as if a spiritual being like Satan can somehow be literally chained up, but that's nonsense. A dragon being chained up in a prison is a figurative representation of Satan's binding that you take far too literally.

Why didn't you respond to other things I said in that post? Can you tell me how much of a difference you believe Christ's ministry, death, resurrection and the preaching of His gospel has made in the world and how much of a difference it has made as it relates to Satan compared to Old Testament times?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a case of one view accepting what the text says and one not as you're trying to make it out to be.

At least Premills accept what the text says and don't change it.

It says he is imprisoned and CANNOT deceive the nations. Amillennialism teaches he isn't imprisoned and can deceive the nations.