The mark of the beast:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And I guess part of the gig there is, if you’ll pardon me for using you as an example, we are quick to make thoughtful comments on part two or another words the part we understand or have some grasp of, and slow to ask questions or investigate part one because we have no knowledge of it, which I’m sure I also do too, at times anyway

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I guess part of the gig there is, if you’ll pardon me for using you as an example, we are quick to make thoughtful comments on part two or another words the part we understand or have some grasp of, and slow to ask questions or investigate part one because we have no knowledge of it, which I’m sure I also do too, at times anyway
Try this. Why was Lazarus and the rich man there with Abraham? Could it be the same reason Saul and his sons would be with Samuel?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I was trying to ask why you believed the Bible. Why are you a Christian and not something else? How did you pick your religion?
OK, my apologies. I became a Christian because my nation was ostensibly Christian, and I believe the Bible because it is written in the naïve dialectic. Ever read any Dao stories? Ever disagreed with any of them? Of course not, right? No one ever does. However the Dao does not use symbolism the way the Bible does and so the naïve dialectic has been obscured. This is kind of a gloss explanation if you will, another way to put it would be that I believe the Bible because you cannot state a single absolute truth from it! Give it a try if you like.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The "sea" is a huge place with both good and bad places, good and bad things. Ask Jonah. You seem to assume "here with me" means that everyone in the world who ever lived will wind up next to Samuel.

Matthew 13:47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
I’m not quite able to connect that with the reply you were replying to, but I would suggest as far as the Bible is concerned “the sea” is not a place at all!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Try this. Why was Lazarus and the rich man there with Abraham? Could it be the same reason Saul and his sons would be with Samuel?
JC, the parable again LOL, the only one, another words no witness, that people run to in these debates, every. single. time. But yes I agree sure; obviously there was a “great gulf” between Samuel and Saul too, yeh?

I don’t mean to say the parable is useless, just widely abused

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. Eve made a definitive statement that was truth to her but not true, right
Not true to others. It's fine to have our own individual realities as long as we can relate to the "common reality" too. The "error" may be if "I" think I can make what is true for me true for everyone else. That is not following the Golden Rule.

OK, my apologies. I became a Christian because my nation was ostensibly Christian, and I believe the Bible because it is written in the naïve dialectic. Ever read any Dao stories? Ever disagreed with any of them? Of course not, right? No one ever does. However the Dao does not use symbolism the way the Bible does and so the naïve dialectic has been obscured. This is kind of a gloss explanation if you will, another way to put it would be that I believe the Bible because you cannot state a single absolute truth from it! Give it a try if you like.
Do you mean the Dao De Jing? I find Daoism and Christianity very compatible.

One absolute truth: "God Is."
You know you are Eve too, right
I wouldn't say that.
“Change your mind”
Or learn to operate in more than one universe at the same time.
JC, the parable again LOL, the only one, another words no witness, that people run to in these debates, every. single. time. But yes I agree sure; obviously there was a “great gulf” between Samuel and Saul too, yeh?
I don't know if there was a gulf between Samuel and Saul. Perhaps for a while, there would have been. Remember now that Samuel loved Saul.

Did it do Rachel any good to weep for her children? I think it did. I think she collected them to herself. Such is the power of Love.

I don’t mean to say the parable is useless, just widely abused
I would say it's a story, not a parable. We are told when things are parables; and they usually start with something like, "The kingdom is like . . . ."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't know if there was a gulf between Samuel and Saul. Perhaps for a while, there would have been. Remember now that Samuel loved Saul.
Regardless, I think I could pretty easily demonstrate from scripture that Samuel was accepted while Saul was rejected? That strikes me is a pretty big gulf!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I would say it's a story, not a parable. We are told when things are parables; and they usually start with something like, "The kingdom is like . . . ."
14The Pharisees, who were lovers of money, heard all of this and were scoffing at Jesus. 15So He said to them...

I can dig up quotes that Jesus always spoke in parables to them if you like. But to be honest you’re the first person I’ve ever heard challenge that it was a parable?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Anyway, I hope we get to discuss the parable of the rich man and (Eleazer) someday, I’ve tried to broach the subject a couple times here, but for whatever reason the conversation just never developed.

Find Eleazer in Lazarus, reader, if you want to understand the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus

ha, which title is even dripping with meaning, the rm is not named at all. but comes (strangely, syntax-wise; right? The normal sentence construction there would be “Lazarus and the Rich Man?” “Pinky and the brain” “Jonah and the whale”) first...

Luke 16:19

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It poses a problem for us. What do you think then of the "deadly" wound the beast of the water received?
It is one of the its heads that suffers what appears as a deadly wound. The deadly wound is the breaking of its power but later it is revived.
This head is undoubtedly the RCC system which the second beast will enforce worship to.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
OK, but I suggest that you contemplate that the revived beast is also in you, where Christ is meant to be revealed; iow the context for Understanding the beast should be “the revelation of Christ”
something something fractals...ya, that’s all i got

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ha, not really, “count” the number of a man 666 because a man has a heart a head and a gut, and all three agree, except someone else counts 667 right :) 2in 3 The Mark of the beast in the hand or the forehead for “everything they do” or “everything they think,” it all ties up in this really beautiful little package,Presented as a most horrific and violent battle, right...Coming soon to a theater near you HA. Soon and very soon. We are going, right? lol.

Anywhere but earth, and anytime but now, huh

Last edited: