The mark of the beast:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please take that at face value, I meant that in the context of your earlier comments about the Bible, and the lack of support when I asked for it earlier, at purgatory, etc.
I don't know what you mean; and at this point, it doesn't matter that much.
Did you think we were having a conversation here?
Not really. Sorry. My impression too is that you are somewhat bored.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't know what you mean; and at this point, it doesn't matter that much.
Are you sure? What if it matters a lot?
Not really. Sorry. My impression too is that you are somewhat bored.
I don’t know if board is the right term there; don’t get me wrong. I like lectures, I even attend lectures pretty regularly, went to one this morning as a matter of fact. But lectures are not conversations, i’m sure you would agree?

Not to belabor a point here, but do you notice how I have addressed your post more or less completely?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure? What if it matters a lot?
I don't see how it could.

I don’t know if board is the right term there; don’t get me wrong. I like lectures, I even attend lectures pretty regularly, went to one this morning as a matter of fact. But lectures are not conversations, i’m sure you would agree?

Not to belabor a point here, but do you notice how I have addressed your post more or less completely?
We have misunderstood each other almost from the beginning. You wrote about Saul and his sons to someone else; then later you appeared to think you had written it to me, leaving me quite confused. At one point, you admitted not reading my entire post. More than once, you told me to research things; and when I did, I found nothing to back up what you said. I just looked up Mithraism. Very little is actually known about that religion although many people make wild statements comparing it to Christianity. Why bother doing that? I'd think comparing Jesus to Horus might make more sense.

You seem to think I have contempt for the Bible because my take on it is not the same as yours. Is that an productive approach when trying to hold a conversation?

I still don't know what this meant: and “no one knows where they go when they die“ are all scripture Giuliano, that I am not trying to interpret, and you might comment On them if you like. Where is that in the Bible? I looked and didn't find it. I felt as if you wasted my time.

I may not know "exactly" where I will I go when I die; but it doesn't keep me up at night.

Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I don't know what to think. Sometimes too I think you're too rushed for time.

???

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Mithraism
It’s really just Cult of Sol Invictus I guess, which was a strictly male religion, made up in a new dress so that women could participate, as near as I can tell. But I guess it is kind of hard to wade through the 90% garbage to find the 10% valuable information on the Internet, yes

But we still have all the elements in our culture, Washington, DC, parentheses district of “Columbia,” we have “Apollo” moon missions, “Mercury” before that and etc. “Liberty” in the harbor, all these are Roman gods

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You wrote about Saul and his sons to someone else; then later you appeared to think you had written it to me, leaving me quite confused.
Both are considered part of sheol, but you can't pass from one to the other randomly
you and your sons will be here with me regardless i guess
Giuliano no offense OK but I am on cellular data now it’s almost the end of the month and this takes me like 5-6 minutes to go and dig out, OK? In other words you are costing me money now bro, To go back and refute the stuff you’re saying that is simply not true OK?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You seem to think I have contempt for the Bible because my take on it is not the same as yours. Is that an productive approach when trying to hold a conversation?
To be honest I’m not exactly sure what your position on the Bible is, I can only go by the lack of quotes when I asked for them, and etc—The statement you made earlier about the Bible. I’m not trying to judge here, honest

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
no one knows where they go when they die“ are all scripture Giuliano, that I am not trying to interpret, and you might comment On them if you like. Where is that in the Bible? I looked and didn't find it. I felt as if you wasted my time
OK well I haven’t looked that up in a while, Ecclesiastes I think, but last time I asked google and had no problem finding it. Let me check again...
Ecclesiastes 9:12 Lexicon: Moreover, man does not know his time: like fish caught in a treacherous net and birds trapped in a snare, so the sons of men are ensnared at an evil time when it suddenly falls on them.

And witnessed at “we do not yet know what we will become” Do you need a ref For that one?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I may not know "exactly" where I will I go when I die;
Thank you. That is really all I wanted to bring out in this conversation, And I only initiated it because you sounded pretty sure :) “You and your sons will be here with me” now you know, yeh? Samuel came up “from the EARTH” and asked “who disturbs my REST”

Which I realize I’m not referencing the quote but I can dig that up for you if you like, and I Was only asking for the same consideration at your points, Be it purgatory, or speaking to or seeing dead people, etc. So I hope no offense taken bro

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't know what to think.
Well that is a refreshing admission, but I hope you understand it comes after many, many statements of apparent fact, Another words from satans dialectic?
Sometimes too I think you're too rushed for time.
I detest multitasking and probably should not even come here, so I guess you’re right there, my apologies. How I start a beautiful day like this with nothing more than fishing on my mind and end up with eight plates spinning is beyond me LOL

What is the difference in the naïve and Satan’s dialectic do you think, Giuliano?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And since some of that may not be taking the way I mean it, As far as I’m concerned this conversation is like unto two 3-year-olds discussing where babies come from, something like that, OK?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest I’m not exactly sure what your position on the Bible is, I can only go by the lack of quotes when I asked for them, and etc—The statement you made earlier about the Bible. I’m not trying to judge here, honest
Again you confound me. I could make statements about the Bible that might shock some people; but I don't recall making any in this thread.
Well that is a refreshing admission, but I hope you understand it comes after many, many statements of apparent fact,
I meant I don't know what to make about you.
Another words from satans dialectic?
I don't know what you mean.
I detest multitasking and probably should not even come here, so I guess you’re right there, my apologies. How I start a beautiful day like this with nothing more than fishing on my mind and end up with eight plates spinning is beyond me LOL

What is the difference in the naïve and Satan’s dialectic do you think, Giuliana?
I'm not sure what you're driving at; but I tend to get suspicious when someone gets too "sophisticated" and "overly logical." I also have little use for lots of abstract nouns which can't be related to reality.
OK well I haven’t looked that up in a while, Ecclesiastes I think, but last time I asked google and had no problem finding it. Let me check again...
Ecclesiastes 9:12 Lexicon: Moreover, man does not know his time: like fish caught in a treacherous net and birds trapped in a snare, so the sons of men are ensnared at an evil time when it suddenly falls on them.
I don't see how that relates to: "no one knows where they go when they die". The verse is discussing "when" and your statement was about "where." It's as if your mind is not "duplicating" things as they are, but making substitutions. The "mirror" is not "reflecting" accurately. I seldom complain about people's spelling; but you misspell words that I have used, substituting "board" for "bored." I am not offended that you misspelled my name, but you did -- and it's right in front of you. How can that happen? I'm curious not offended.
And witnessed at “we do not yet know what we will become” Do you need a ref For that one?
I take that to mean:
1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Thank you. That is really all I wanted to bring out in this conversation, And I only initiated it because you sounded pretty sure :) “You and your sons will be here with me” now you know, yeh? Samuel came up “from the EARTH” and asked “who disturbs my REST”
Why not just ask me a direct question? Why not ask me if I knew where I would go after my physical body dies?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Again you confound me. I could make statements about the Bible that might shock some people; but I don't recall making any in this thread.
You are following a tradition about how to interpret the Bible; and a further point would be you have probably have no real evidence that the Bible itself is true. You just believe it is. Men thousands of year wrote it, and you say, "Yes, I can believe what they wrote is true."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why not just ask me a direct question? Why not ask me if I knew where I would go after my physical body dies?
because you made many statements that seem to indicate you knew exactly where pretty much everyone was going? Too tired today, but I can dig them up and “” tomorrow if you like

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I could make statements about the Bible that might shock some people; but I don't recall making any in this thread.
To be honest I’m more interested in the statements that are inferred to be attributed to the Bible that are not being quoted when I ask :) Tomorrow though OK I’m done for the day

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What is the difference in the naïve and Satan’s dialectic do you think, Giuliano?
I'm not sure what you're driving at; but I tend to get suspicious when someone gets too "sophisticated" and "overly logical."
I guess I should have warned you maybe that I have asperger’s, Kind of the opposite of Autism I guess
I also have little use for lots of abstract nouns which can't be related to reality.
ha, if only. Two more things we are all intimately familiar with, Giuliano. I just assume you were involved in that discussion I guess. As soon as I learn something, I tend to believe everyone else already knew it for some reason.

We really don’t have a term, a familiar term for the concepts; the closest analogy might be “if you want the truth you have to ask a little kid”

anyway I guess we speak in Satan‘s dialectic, and little children speak in the naïve dielectric, there’s a threat around here somewhere on that. And I sincerely apologize if I offended you as I perceive that I have ok, You strike me as a thoughtful and good hearted person, which I pretty much am not I guess

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because you made many statements that seem to indicate you knew exactly where pretty much everyone was going? Too tired today, but I can dig them up and “” tomorrow if you like
You can search for them; but I think you'd be wasting your time and possibly money too for time on your phone. There is a variety of states the soul can go into after death. I could guess where someone might go; but I couldn't be sure.
I guess I should have warned you maybe that I have asperger’s, Kind of the opposite of Autism I guess
That may explain some things.
ha, if only. Two more things we are all intimately familiar with, Giuliano. I just assume you were involved in that discussion I guess. As soon as I learn something, I tend to believe everyone else already knew it for some reason.
People reading the Bible face similar problems if they are unable to put themselves in the shoes of the people of the time. Indeed people are unable to understand others and life in general if they can't see things from the viewpoint of others. Part of reality is how things look different depending on the viewpoint.

I know how "things" look to me; but I also know they may not look that way to others. I also know that others may not even have seen what they're talking about.

anyway I guess we speak in Satan‘s dialectic, and little children speak in the naïve dielectric, there’s a threat around here somewhere on that. And I sincerely apologize if I offended you as I perceive that I have ok, You strike me as a thoughtful and good hearted person, which I pretty much am not I guess
There is a tendency for people to "imagine things" and then imagine those things are "true" for others too. Adam and Eve were told not to eat the fruit. She said they were told not to touch it. She had not "duplicated" what she had been told.

If Eve could have lived in her "own private universe," her idea wouldn't mattered. We each have our own private universes where we can decide what is true for us as individuals within our own minds; but if we interact with others, we find that others may not agree. What is "true" in our own universes is not true "out there" for everyone else.

You quoted me; and my guess is you may have thought I was attacking the Bible. I was trying to ask why you believed the Bible. Why are you a Christian and not something else? How did you pick your religion?

You are following a tradition about how to interpret the Bible; and a further point would be you have probably have no real evidence that the Bible itself is true. You just believe it is. Men thousands of year wrote it, and you say, "Yes, I can believe what they wrote is true."

You say you have Aspergers. Maybe that explains some things; but if it does, then a lot of other people may have Aspergers and not be diagnosed. There are lots of people here who say the Bible is 100% true, but they have no idea why they believe that.

If I gave you a phone book and I told you that it was 100% accurate, how could you know if it was or not? You would have to call every number in the book and see if you got the person listed. However if you called ten numbers and they were all right, you would have a good reason to believe I had been telling the truth and that the rest of the numbers were right too. You still wouldn't know for sure, but you'd have a good reason for trusting the accuracy of the book.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You can search for them; but I think you'd be wasting your time and possibly money too for time on your phone.
There is a variety of states the soul can go into after death.
Ha, why go searching when you just did it again? “You and your sons will be here with me” is scripture and with all due respect this there is a variety of states stuff is not. Or by all means “” itbro

There are no variety of states to the soul can go into after death is near as I can tail but if you can quote it will go from there OK

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
People reading the Bible face similar problems if they are unable to put themselves in the shoes of the people of the time. Indeed people are unable to understand others and life in general if they can't see things from the viewpoint of others. Part of reality is how things look different depending on the viewpoint.

I know how "things" look to me; but I also know they may not look that way to others. I also know that others may not eve
“Like” as far as that goes; another words the second part. But really it’s the first part that matters; the Bible is written in the naïve dialectic, and we speak in Satan’s dialectic. “This is that and that is this”

Later for the rest OK I’m still on the clock

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha, why go searching when you just did it again? “You and your sons will be here with me” is scripture and with all due respect this there is a variety of states stuff is not. Or by all means “” itbro
The "sea" is a huge place with both good and bad places, good and bad things. Ask Jonah. You seem to assume "here with me" means that everyone in the world who ever lived will wind up next to Samuel.

Matthew 13:47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Last edited: