The mark of the beast:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Purgatory and Gehinnom are the same place.
That’s a bunch of horse Puckey, at least until you can quote me the scripture ok. Purgatory is the invention of pagans who want to ascend to the Elysian Fields, or what most “Christians” now imagine to be “heaven” and become immortals with Zeus as far as I’m concerned. “He who seeks to save his soul shall lose it” “no one has ever gone up to heaven but he who came down from it the son of man”“There is only one immortal, And you are not Him”
Jonah said he was in "sheol" -- will that work?
Well it will work to prove my point; that being that she’ll is a spiritual place that Jonah did not have to die literally to get to

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You keep repeating this as if it's saying something that refutes my position. I don't understand. Didn't Saul and his sons die and join Samuel as predicted?
Yes exactly, and you see that Saul Was rejected while Samuel was accepted, yet they are both in the same place? According to Scripture

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the whole reason I engage with you is because you made a factual statement that one could not pass easily between paradise and Hell, based on the parable of the rich man And Lazarus of course, another words the perception of the great Golf golf golf GULF as being a literal one rather than a spiritual one?

Isaiah 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

Ephesians 2:15-18Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; [16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: [17] And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. [18] For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Beats me what relationship my beliefs have with Mithraism. I'd say they're closer to Judaism, Catholicism and Buddhism. Many religions share concepts.
Then all you need to do is go to a Google search bar and type in “Mithraism and“ which will auto complete for “Christianity“ and see how the only thing that has changed is the dress OK. Jesus becomes Apollos, etc. Gotta run, TTFN

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I recall the scene but not the words.
Hey I doubt anyone really paid much attention to the words. Do yourself a favor imo and go ask your pastor what he is saying while you are getting ritually baptized OK. And don’t be surprised if you mention to him that someone has charged you with being a Mithraist And he doesn’t even blink, because you strike me as a thoughtful person, so you probably have a pretty decent pastor, who just can’t tell you the truth if you’re not ready to hear it, and he is smarter than me LOL

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Isaiah 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

Ephesians 2:15-18Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; [16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: [17] And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. [18] For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
We have a winna!
lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Aren’t we all aware how kids of a certain age take things hyper – literally? Trust that the Bible is written with this in mind imo, And your chain is going to get Royally jerked until you figure this out

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jonah was sent to the Ninevites, right? The “fish people?” This should have obvious implications for Christians, who use that very symbol today, Shouldn’t it?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I recall the scene but not the words.
By the way good for you in my opinion, you are the very first person out of probably 100 people to even pursue this line of questioning OK. My guess is because most people already know or at least suspect what the pastor says as you’re going down into the water, and as you’re coming up out of the water, blah blah blah

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well so you say, but with all due respect I don’t believe you; “Satan appears as an angel of light”
When I wrote that, I wondered if I should explain that verse. I see now I should have. The word is "appear." Spirits can project different forms. When the prophets saw things, they often knew that they were seeing were not "actually" how things are but projections shown to them to teach them something. Thus they say, "as it were" or "like unto." The person who sees an angel and who believes what he is seeing is a stable unchangeable reality is deceived.
I agree with you as far as that goes, but I would be wary of being deceived which I think is easier than we would like to admit
The only safe course is to seek to purify the heart. Any defect of the heart can lead us astray and can be exploited by the Dark Side. Vanity or spiritual pride may be the easiest for the Dark Side to exploit. Pride is also a trait often found in demons.
As literal places, yes; as spiritual concepts, no. Gehenna is on earth, right
That is very difficult to describe. The three heavens and the earth form a unity in our little corner of time and space. The three heavens are not really "above" the earth or stacked one on top of the other. They intersect with each other. But when navigating from one level to another -- and each heaven has more than one level -- it "seems" as if they are stacked. If you want to "visit" a different one, you do it by "deciding" to go up or down -- but that is apparent motion only, not real.

I have great confidence that eventually physics will "prove" some things. For example, we know about the ten factors of space and time; but science can't nail them down. Matter is the real illusion. Matter is the result of three projections from the three heavens of fire, air and water. Those projections don't line up right. There are conflicts between how things are projected in the Third Heaven and the lower two of Air and of Water. Those conflicts result in what we call matter which seems so solid. It seems so solid because spirit seems unable to untangle the conflicts within it.

The Jews associated the spiritual Gehinnom with that physical valley, we ought not believe it's restricted solely to that area. It is all around us even now.

I would not have chosen to describe the division between Gehinnom and Paradise as being next to each other, although I can see how some people would see it that way. I would have chosen the vertical description with Gehinnom below and Paradise above, being separated by a "firmament."

Before Noah's Flood, people on the earth could see into spaces known as "lower waters." A "pass-not" or "firmament had already separated the lower waters from upper waters (Air, as in clouds, etc.) in Genesis 1. Another pass-not was put in place to prevent humans from interacting so freely with the spiritual beings who manifested in the "lower waters." The Dark Side has struggled since then to break out of the "lower waters" to "emerge" on the earth -- the "beast that comes out of the water." Their ultimate goal seems to be to create "immortal bodies" on the earth -- "the beast that comes out of the earth." Frankly to me, it looks impossible for the Dark Side to win at this since "matter" is a projection of the upper three levels. The Dark Side is too weak in the Third Heaven, having almost no place there.
“Many witnesses establish the truth in a matter” and again I’m on cellular data OK no offense but I have to go now ok
I have my witnesses. You probably need to find your own and not take my say-so. The best thing to do with my ideas is to consider them as a possibility. Adopting any ideas prematurely can blind the mind. We humans also have "components" that relate to the three heavens -- and to a large decree, how we imagine things is how they are or become. Ha, I certainly don't believe God invented hell. It's said there is a place "prepared" for fallen spirits; but I'd say they prepared it for themselves with their wicked imaginations. "He who digs a pit will fall into it."

That’s a bunch of horse Puckey, at least until you can quote me the scripture ok. Purgatory is the invention of pagans who want to ascend to the Elysian Fields, or what most “Christians” now imagine to be “heaven” and become immortals with Zeus as far as I’m concerned. “He who seeks to save his soul shall lose it” “no one has ever gone up to heaven but he who came down from it the son of man”“There is only one immortal, And you are not Him”
The pagans had some truth to their beliefs. Prior to Noah's Flood, spirits (the so-called gods) could immortalize mortals, often the offspring they had on the earth. That changed. They no longer can do that. Some of their offspring is still around however. I do not take as dim a view of other religions as you. I think they often got some things right and other things wrong. I'd say the same is true with Christianity.

One advantage the pagan religions had is that much of what they believed was based on what people had observed before the Flood before the "veil" went up separating the earth from the lower waters (also known to occultists as the astral plane). Thus in China, "dead" ancestors would appear at the rear of the house where an altar was set up. The eldest son would offer them incense and food, and the ancestor would give him advice. Some Chinese still do this although they can't talk to their ancestors, and I think this is probably a bad practice. I used to have a friend from Hong Kong with some knowledge about this; and his impression matched mine -- that these "ancestors" were manipulative and trapped somehow -- while exerting a malevolent influence on their offspring.
Well it will work to prove my point; that being that she’ll is a spiritual place that Jonah did not have to die literally to get to
Quite right. The "great fish" is likely connected somehow to "leviathan" also known as the beast of the water in Revelation.
Yes exactly, and you see that Saul Was rejected while Samuel was accepted, yet they are both in the same place? According to Scripture
I read it broadly to mean sheol in general. I would not say Saul was rejected. I'd say he went to be purified of an evil that grown so "solid" in him while he was in a human body, it couldn't be fixed while alive in a body. God picked him. Samuel anointed him. David refused to kill him, saying he would not lift his hand against God's anointed. I don't have time to reread it all right now; but I suspect Saul's big mistake was associating with Doeg the Edomite who corrupted him beyond repair in earthly terms.

It is said that Benjamin, not born yet, also bowed to Esau when Jacob bowed to him. The story of Saul and Doeg show the same conflict. Benjamin was still bowing to Esau. Esther (also of Benjamin) and Mordecai finally won that spiritual battle against Haman the Edomite.

Then all you need to do is go to a Google search bar and type in “Mithraism and“ which will auto complete for “Christianity“ and see how the only thing that has changed is the dress OK. Jesus becomes Apollos, etc. Gotta run, TTFN

Hey I doubt anyone really paid much attention to the words. Do yourself a favor imo and go ask your pastor what he is saying while you are getting ritually baptized OK. And don’t be surprised if you mention to him that someone has charged you with being a Mithraist And he doesn’t even blink, because you strike me as a thoughtful person, so you probably have a pretty decent pastor, who just can’t tell you the truth if you’re not ready to hear it, and he is smarter than me LOL
He died a long time ago, and I no longer attend that church or any church. What I know is I had the right intention myself, so no harm came to me.
OK well Google knows that one too I really gotta run, sorry
I searched for it at a Bible site and couldn't find it.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jonah was sent to the Ninevites, right? The “fish people?” This should have obvious implications for Christians, who use that very symbol today, Shouldn’t it?
Surely it has meaning. The "sea" can produce both good and bad.

Matthew 13:47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

I think Jezebel also came from a family which worshiped Dagon, the fish god. The Dark Side is still trying to master the power of the "creature" known as leviathan.

The sea will continue to be there until everything good has been found and removed. Then the sea will be no more as we are told in Revelation. The two regions of "upper waters" and "lower waters" will become one (more or less) as they were originally before being divided in Genesis 1.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The only safe course is to seek to purify the heart.
That which is deceitful, above all things? OK
I suggested Paul has writings that suggest otherwise but I’m not in a position to quote them to you Right now, and they would be from the Bible so I’m not sure how much credence you would lend them anyway?
Vanity or spiritual pride may be the easiest for the Dark Side to exploit. Pride is also a trait often found in demons.
Ha no kidding bro, I guess you said a mouthful there :)

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do? Do you mind if I ask how old you are?
I am not interested in talking about myself. It bores me.
That which is deceitful, above all things? OK
I suggested Paul has writings that suggest otherwise but I’m not in a position to quote them to you Right now, and they would be from the Bible so I’m not sure how much credence you would lend them anyway?
I may be wrong, but I take that a slam. Is it worth continuing? Perhaps not.