The Masculine Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And I've tried to tell you that is a great topic for another thread. I watched a great video series on marriage by a Pastor. One video was about the responsibilities women have in marriage. Another video was about the responsibilities men have in marriage. In that video the Pastor pointed out that passage that identified women as the weaker vessel ... This verse does not mean men are strong. If women are weaker, who is also weak? Men.
' ... Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men;
and the weakness of God is stronger than men.'

(1Corinthians 1:25)

'And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee:
for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities,
that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities,
in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake:
for when I am weak, then am I strong.'

(2 Corinthians 12:9)

'For though He was crucified through weakness,
yet He liveth by the power of God.
For we also are weak in Him,
but we shall live with Him
by the power of God toward you.'

(2 Corinthians 13:4)

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Wrangler,

Is this really what is happening? Are boys required to apologize for being boys? If so then I am sorry that is so. However, neither @VictoryinJesus, I believe, or I are feminists. Woman was taken out of man, and we are meant to be mutually co-extensive of each other, what the one lacks the other provides. Why are you so accusatory?

Within the love of Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
I saw a different thread here yesterday, the title of which was boys being made to apologize for being male. A different member than Wrangler posted it.
No, the apology thing isn't a national push or issue. Just a unique situation happening in some places.

Unfortunately, it can be a launching point for that which is hostile toward all women. Used as a means to conjure male masculine "self defense".

Masculine means, male. Jesus was male. Thankfully, it would have been impossible actually, he was not hostile toward women from that standpoint.
In his time Jesus would be considered feminist today. Because he countered the second class, even third class role the Jewish patriarchal tradition enforced against women.

Example. Women disciples. And when Mary found he has ressurected from the tomb and ran and informed the brothers in the upper room, imploring them to follow her and see, in traditional Jewish practice given the status of women, that would not have happened. They would not have listened much less followed her to the tomb.

Jesus showing himself returned and to a woman first was also a message that countered Hebrew tradition.
No male or female. All one in Christ.
Divisiveness, installing division in the church, the whole of the faithful, is not what Jesus did, practiced nor taught. :) Praise God.

edited typo and added links to help this discussion. :) we know there are zealot's and radicals in all walks of life and causes.

Think of all those horrible reports.of."christian" cultists.:(
The point being not all women are radical man hating feminists. And not all feminists are women.
We need each other. Why live in strife? When peace feels so much better .:)

Feminism: Ideas, Beliefs, and Movements

Feminism in America From 1792 Through the Millennium

Last edited: