The Masculine Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for this. It is interesting that you should connect Hebrews 13:12 with the words of the Lord in Mark 3:31-35. You have done so by linking the words 'without' in both I believe. His Mother and brethren, were seeking to 'lay hold on Him', as we are told in Mark 3:21, for from their perspective He was 'beside Himself', and being pressed by the crowds on all sides, so much so that He had no time to eat or rest. I believe they sought to take Him to a place of safety where He could rest awhile and eat something away from the demands of the crowd. He could not let that happen, for unlike them He was not concerned with the things of the flesh but of the Spirit, and He had to be about His Fathers business. He had to finish the work that He had been sent by God to do. Their interference, well meaning as it was, would interfere with His Father's purpose. So He made it clear that it was those who, like Himself sought to do His Father's will, who had the prior claim upon Him.

yes. See you make sense. Was going to post earlier on Luke 2:48-52 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. [49] And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business? [50] And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them. [51] And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart. [52] And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

But didn’t because I get confusing...but I do think it connects to what you brought out.

Reactions: charity

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re. replies #153 and #156

Hello again, @VictoryinJesus,

I am by nature one who likes to please, and like an old song of my past from the musical 'Oklahoma', ' ... just a girl who can't say 'No''. So, I find this word concerning Mark 3:31-35, such a quickening and chastening word today, for which I thank you.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

I struggle with the same thing. Saying no is sometimes terrifying.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to want to talk about post 86 as the backbone of this thread. I’ve had a question concerning that post 86.

“This thread is only about 1 Quadrant, Good Apples. If you want to talk about the other quadrants, feel free to start your own thread. Thanks!”

Can you please explain what you meant there and clarify for me... you said something similar to me in a post where you said this is to discuss the masculinity and if I want to discuss the other ...feminine then to go start another thread. So in my mind the above became a slight as in suggestive of: the good apples being the masculinity of Jesus and the other “quadrant” the oranges the female or woman.

Typical. So difficult it is for women/feminists to make positive statements about masculine traits. It's so funny that the point needs to be clarified over and over again.

Revealing it is that feminists elaborate endlessly and effortlessly about negative traits of masculinity, e.g., toxic masculinity seminars. And why else would boys have to apologize to girls for being male UNLESS there was something negative about it. Also revealing is the defensiveness in perceiving a slight when the subject is limited to making positive statements about masculine traits (in lieu of the toxic femininity above). Can there be legitimate criticism against an idea (feminism) without it being a slight to women in general?

Perhaps I missed it but I don't recall you expressing sympathy or compassion for young men in such a man hating society as dealing with toxic masculinity seminars and boys - being force to apologize - to girls for being boys. Have you in this thread even posted Scripture highlighting the masculinity of Jesus as the OP asked? Imagine the slight you would perceive if there were college seminars on toxic femininity and girls - being forced to apologize - to boys for being female?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
yes. See you make sense. Was going to post earlier on Luke 2:48-52 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. [49] And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business? [50] And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them. [51] And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart. [52] And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

But didn’t because I get confusing...but I do think it connects to what you brought out.
Hello again, @VictoryinJesus,

Yes it does connect with what you were saying concerning Mark 3:31-34 in @reply153, and my response in repy#156. The Lord's Mother, and Joseph (his Father under law) both did not understand what the young Jesus meant by the words of Luke 2:49, 'How is it that ye sought me? Wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?
Mary 'kept all these sayings in her heart'. She must have thought about the visit of the angel and his words to her before Jesus' birth, and the events surrounding her cousin Elizabeth's birth to John the Baptist, the words of instruction given by God to Joseph in dreams concerning herself, and about the family's departure into Egypt to escape danger, and coming back again, and being diverted into Nazareth, and now these further words of Jesus, among the other memories she would yet have, and wondered at what God was doing and why, and what the outcome would be. We can't begin to imagine her thoughts and feelings during the Lords ministry, when he was opposed by the council and time and again sought ways of killing her Son. Then to go through His arrest, trial and ill-treatment, before standing and having to watch Him die. Her other children also did not believe that He was whom He said He was. It must have been hard for her and for Joseph.

Now I am thinking according to the flesh. Imposing my own imagination upon these things, but it would have been good to be a fly on the wall during these events. Those things that she had 'hid in her heart' must have been shared in order to become part of the gospel records, so that they did not remain 'hid' for all time, only until the time was right.

Thank you for sharing ViJ,
Love in Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Typical. So difficult it is for women/feminists to make positive statements about masculine traits. It's so funny that the point needs to be clarified over and over again.

Revealing it is that feminists elaborate endlessly and effortlessly about negative traits of masculinity, e.g., toxic masculinity seminars. And why else would boys have to apologize to girls for being male UNLESS there was something negative about it. Also revealing is the defensiveness in perceiving a slight when the subject is limited to making positive statements about masculine traits (in lieu of the toxic femininity above). Can there be legitimate criticism against an idea (feminism) without it being a slight to women in general?

Perhaps I missed it but I don't recall you expressing sympathy or compassion for young men in such a man hating society as dealing with toxic masculinity seminars and boys - being force to apologize - to girls for being boys. Have you in this thread even posted Scripture highlighting the masculinity of Jesus as the OP asked? Imagine the slight you would perceive if there were college seminars on toxic femininity and girls - being forced to apologize - to boys for being female?
Hello @Wrangler,

Is this really what is happening? Are boys required to apologize for being boys? If so then I am sorry that is so. However, neither @VictoryinJesus, I believe, or I are feminists. Woman was taken out of man, and we are meant to be mutually co-extensive of each other, what the one lacks the other provides. Why are you so accusatory?

Within the love of Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this really what is happening? Are boys required to apologize for being boys? If so then I am sorry that is so.

Is this institutional chauvinism; boys to apologise to girls for gender?

It is so and I am grateful you can express sorrow for this state of the world.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Revealing it is that feminists elaborate endlessly and effortlessly about negative traits of masculinity, e.g., toxic masculinity seminars. And why else would boys have to apologize to girls for being male UNLESS there was something negative about it. Also revealing is the defensiveness in perceiving a slight when the subject is limited to making positive statements about masculine traits (in lieu of the toxic femininity above)

admitted the feeling of a slight. Have you ever once considered it comes from hurtful things experienced in the past? As maybe yours also does. You don’t seem to get I’m not agreeing with the below of boys being shamed and having to apologize for being boys. I’m only trying to understand what you meant. Yes my error may be out of hurt and defensiveness, and therefore I misunderstood you(which I didn’t deny). I asked for a simple clarification of what you meant by good apples and the other quadrant...which I still don’t understand when you could simply clarify.

Perhaps I missed it but I don't recall you expressing sympathy or compassion for young men in such a man hating society as dealing with toxic masculinity seminars and boys - being force to apologize - to girls for being boys.

I have several grandsons. Don’t assume I have no empathy for boys. At thirteen and fourteen here is what they have learned to repeat. Mimi and girls are stupid and have less value and importance than men. You would not believe the comments they make towards their sisters, mothers, and Mimi. The way they already view women as a whole. Does that mean I want to shame them or make them apologize? Or love them less. Absolutely not. I’m sad because at one time they didn’t have this view. I want them to know they are better than that. That sisters, mothers, grandmothers ...are not enemies but can be supportive and encouragement and help.

Have you in this thread even posted Scripture highlighting the masculinity of Jesus as the OP asked?

yes I did. Provider, warrior, captain of salvation, headship, protector, shelter...and the Glory of God which the man is. But you seem to want blood.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is so and I am grateful you can express sorrow for this state of the world.

Watched the clip. Australia is in very big trouble spiritually. They have rejected the Living God in favor of homosexuality as well, so this is just part and parcel of the same God-hating mentality. Hate God, hate God's laws, hate God's order.

The end will be judgment, because they are destroying the innocent through this mindset. Anyone who thinks that's acceptable will find out otherwise.

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you so accusatory?

What reason to be 'so accusatory' is acceptable to you? (I deny being 'so accusatory.' Just responding to various fallacies in this thread rather than follow the question of the OP, post Scripture highlighting the masculine Jesus).

@Amazed@grace even condemned my use of a single word, masculine, as qualifying as the error of prolixity. So, in this light of condemnation and accusations, not sure how you reach my posts as being 'so accusatory.'

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What reason to be 'so accusatory' is acceptable to you? (I deny being 'so accusatory.' Just responding to various fallacies in this thread rather than follow the question of the OP, post Scripture highlighting the masculine Jesus).

@Amazed@grace even condemned my use of a single word, masculine, as qualifying as the error of prolixity. So, in this light of condemnation and accusations, not sure how you reach my posts as being 'so accusatory.'
If I am wrong, @Wrangler, I am sorry.

Grace and Peace
Chris

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Woman was taken out of man, and we are meant to be mutually co-extensive of each other, what the one lacks the other provides.

Love what you said: ‘mutually’ co-extensive of each other which seems to be His way. “What one lacks the other provides” 1 Corinthians 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
admitted the feeling of a slight. Have you ever once considered it comes from hurtful things experienced in the past?

Not the subject of this thread.

As maybe yours also does.

Maybe. Maybe not.

You don’t seem to get I’m not agreeing with the below of boys being shamed and having to apologize for being boys.

Here is the passive aggressiveness I've been dealing throughout this thread ... If you are not agreeing then what ARE YOU DOING with the below of boys being shamed and having to apologize for being boys?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m only trying to understand what you meant. Yes my error may be out of hurt and defensiveness, and therefore I misunderstood you(which I didn’t deny). I asked for a simple clarification of what you meant by good apples and the other quadrant...which I still don’t understand when you could simply clarify.

I've explained several times. Obviously, my explanation is not satisfactory to you. 2 x 2 matrix. Good (Apples & Oranges) v Bad (Apples & Oranges). Columns are Good & Bad. Rows are Apples & Oranges. What don't you understand?

Feminists tend to want to only talk about the diagonal, Bad Apples and Good Oranges. This thread is really meant for one quadrant of the 4 in the 2 x 2 matrix: Good Apples (Because of Bad Oranges). Again, What don't you understand?

I have several grandsons. Don’t assume I have no empathy for boys. At thirteen and fourteen here is what they have learned to repeat ...

Bad Apples. Precisely what this thread is NOT about. Feel free to start another thread on that topic.

yes I did. Provider, warrior, captain of salvation, headship, protector, shelter...and the Glory of God which the man is. But you seem to want blood.

I do recall this post. NOTE: The absence of Scripture cited.

I don't want blood. I want the acknowledgement of the bloodletting from feminists, who make it so our society has a very hard time admitting there are Good Apples (positive traits of masculinity).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hello @Behold

No, I have not heard of 'the cult of the virgin'. I find images like this hard to even look at: but is it because Mary is crowned and appears to be enthroned?
Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

The early church Fathers, "cult of the Virgin", Catholic Church as they refer to it now, declared this title, because that is the religion.
Its based around "the blessed Virgin" worship.
This "cult of the Virgin", whose Pope you saw about to kneel before a 15 ft Stature of Mary on a Throne, celebrates Mary every year, many times.
They have festivals and "special days" for her.
This is why Catholics always want to talk about Mary, Mary, Mary, Mary..
One of them who is a member here, gave her alt the name...MaryMOG... "Mary mother of God".
So they are obsessed with Mary, and interesting, Jesus isn't, nor is Father God.
They would tell you otherwise, and loudly.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have three grandsons and one granddaughter, too, and I am also fearful for them in this present climate. I would hope that they will be considerate of the feelings of others and treat them as they would wish to be treated themselves, with mutual respect and understanding. It is not a gender issue for me, but inclusive of male, female, young and old, rich or poor, red and yellow, black and white. For all are precious in His sight.

:)

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the passive aggressiveness I've been dealing throughout this thread ... If you are not agreeing then what ARE YOU DOING with the below of boys being shamed and having to apologize for being boys?

BLM riot ‘don’t tell me it is a shame to be black’ then whites are ‘excuse me, don’t white lives matter or do only black Lives Matter ’ same with male and female. I don’t get it. Out of your topic. I’ve tried to tell you I grew up believing God hated women and it was a shame to be the weaker vessel. And my perspective is a mess. You asked what I’m doing about the boys ...what can I do besides change the perspective and to see and try to not shame my husband or grandsons for being male. I admitted it is wrong. See it as humiliating them for being boys.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not a gender issue for me

Then, respectfully, I submit you are posting in the wrong thread. This thread is a reaction to the institutional hatred for the male gender.

I am defending only because masculinity, males, men and boys are under attack.

proxy-image

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve tried to tell you I grew up believing God hated women and it was a shame to be the weaker vessel.

And I've tried to tell you that is a great topic for another thread. I watched a great video series on marriage by a Pastor. One video was about the responsibilities women have in marriage. Another video was about the responsibilities men have in marriage. In that video the Pastor pointed out that passage that identified women as the weaker vessel ... This verse does not mean men are strong. If women are weaker, who is also weak? Men.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'And I will put enmity between thee and the woman,
and between thy seed and her seed;
It shall bruise thy head,
and thou shalt bruise His heel.'

(Gen 3:15)

Hello @Amazed@grace.

The enmity isn't between Eve and the serpents seed, but between Satan's seed and and her seed. The seed of the woman being referred to specifically is the Lord Jesus Christ, who was to come into the world as the seed of a woman, but whose Father is God. It is He who would bruise Satan's head. It is against the Lord Jesus Christ that the enmity will be directed specifically, and against mankind through whom the seed would come (hence the activity of the fallen angels which necessitated the judgement of God in the days of Noah which left just eight souls alive). Then towards 'the line itself' through which the promised 'Seed' should come, via Isaac, Abraham's son by promise. The line of Christ at one point was reduced to just one small child left alive to continue the line, during the days of the kings, but God preserved his life.

Satan's seed can be seen operating during the life and ministry of Christ, who opposed, and tried to kill him on more than one occasion, whom the Lord exposed. Their final attempt succeeded, but little did they know that they were in fact bringing about their own downfall, and doing the will of the Father, for in doing so Christ triumphed over them, by overcoming the power of sin, which is death itself, and destroyed the works of the Devil.

I hope this helps.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Yes, thank you. :) I appreciate you taking the time to share your understanding.