The Masculine Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. Our feminized man-hating society wants to pretend there is no difference between masculine and feminine, except to claim masculinity is inherently toxic. You don't find that labeling?

The masculine called things by their proper name. He gave life and light. He gave His only begotten Son to the world He so loved. Who loved? Masculine.

How did he love? Not emotionally but sacrificially. How did he love? Not to be served but to serve. Who served but was not served? Masculine.

Contrast this to today's feminists who demand equal benefits without equal service due to their 'inherent' virtue.
Said differently, if there was equality, quotas would be demanded, not in board rooms, but in coal mines, oil rigs, prisons, building sky scrapers (& roads & bridges) and early death.

God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.
Genesis 1:5 (ESV)
I don't believe the majority of women hate men....as social media and biased talk shows would lead you to believe.
It is proper English to write in the masculine form when writing a book...in the original Hebrew language you have to be knowledgeable of their language to know if it is a feminine or masculine word when translating.
Am I correct @Hidden In Him ?

In Hebrew, every noun is assigned a gender, either masculine or feminine. There is no such thing as a neutral gender for nouns in Hebrew. Therefore, you might think it would be difficult to determine the gender of some of these nouns. Fortunately, there is one rule of thumb that can make things easier for you here. If a word ends in - ת or ה-, then its gender is most likely feminine. Otherwise, its gender is most likely masculine.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue of women's lack of respect of both men and women is a whole different topic...
You will not find me to be a sympathizer of women's claim to WANT equality...
These women do not only hate men... they hate women... God ordained men and women to have roles... rebelling against those roles has caused havoc on EVERYTHING.

Agree and also what you said of labeling.
1 Thessalonians 2:7-9 But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children: [8] So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us. [9] For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God.

“Our laboring and travail” till Christ be formed in you comes to mind. With questions of laboring as in delivery of birth, or laboring has many meanings. Matthew 11:28 KJV
[28] Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Reactions: Heart2Soul and Addy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a difficult topic for me. So many questions and I’m not trying to be defiant or critical. But only trying to work through it myself. With the whole list of what a woman is supposed to fulfill and what her role is ...it is major and overwhelming. From silence to subjection, to helpmeet to children and young mothers, to washing feet of the saints, lodging strangers, to knowing her place always at her husbands side, adorning, praising, edifying, yet in humility in service to keeping her home well. Working always with her hands that which is good.

and this is the standard women are to inspire to reach and obtain. the question I have is why when the masculine roles are just as major; not only to wife but in subjection to governments and to overseers within the church body....if men can’t even carry the burden or yoke placed upon their necks and complain it is too heavy to bear alone; why then throw a massive burden upon the woman and complain when she can’t bear it? His word says as coheirs of grace. Both in need of grace. Where there is neither Jew nor gentile, bond nor free, male or female but as One in Christ.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In another thread, a poster remarked how Jesus in Scripture is not always lovable, kind or meek. Our feminized society has profoundly attacked masculinity - even calling it toxic.

A pastor once gave a Sermon and said Jesus is the ultimate in masculine in that he sacrificed himself to save others. Then he corrected himself to say the God, the Father is the ultimate in masculinity for creating life. And here again, I want to contrast the ultimate manifestation of masculine - creating life - in how it is denigrated by today's man-haters. They call it merely being a 'sperm donor.'

A friend corrected his pregnant wife who said women give life. He said, 'No. Women give birth. Men give life.' So, this thread is to remind us all that God the Father, and his son and the Holy Spirit are identified as being masculine. And in particular, I want to bring to the surface the masculine side of Jesus with these 2 verses and hope you can provide others.

It will go well with that servant if he is found doing his job when his master comes ... But if that servant <does not do his job> ... his master will cut him in two and put him with the disloyal.
Luke 12:43, 45, 46 (CJB)

This is serious business we’re involved in. My mission is to send a purging fire on the earth! In fact, I can hardly wait to see the smoke rising.
Luke 12:49 (Voice)
Both men and women are given the attributes of God, each having different roles. Jesus came the first time as a sacrificial Lamb, peaceful, loving, gentle, compassionate, kind, ha ing self control submissive to the Father although he turned over tables in the Temple, when brought to trial, remained passive, meek - that was His purpose. When He returns, He will not display these sane attributes to the world if unbelievers. He will come as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, in JUDGMENT. I doubt his foes will question His masculinity then.
Talk about a display of super-testosterone magnified a million times over, the ultimate warrior!
Even the Avengers would run and hide in caves, the Hulk would start crying, get on his knees and ask for forgiveness!

Reactions: Jostler and Addy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my precious sister... this is MAJOR... you are correct... but often times... the men do NOT understand what it means to love their wives as Christ loved the church.... submission only can occur when the woman is properly loved and cherished by her husband... Sadly what often occurs is the man hovering over the woman "demanding" that she obey him. This kind of mis-understanding leads to abuse... and it causes much trauma.

The definition of a biblical marriage is absolutely the MOST beautiful thing.... When both parties know what their roles entail.
Please continue to REST your mind... and allow time for your thoughts to be sorted... as well as healing to your heart.

reminds me when Christ asked Peter “who do you say I am?”

my struggle has been from fathers in childhood to present, to all the mixed messages within the world of: who is God? So much confusion that “who do you say I am” is something to consider. In the above to submit to and honor and love and obey ...first must be love? Yet I don’t understand how it is said He will come and THEY WILL submit to a Lion and not the Lamb?

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok but I have to say God isn't literally a man. Jesus is. God is spirit. From him come both the masculine and feminine virtues.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, a body that was once like ours but is now a glorified body like what we will one day have.

Now I ask for an explanation of your statement that Jesus is spirit now?
(Which I dont disagree with but the devil is in the details)
Have you read John 17:3-5? And John 1:14? Particularly John 17's text.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Have you read John 17:3-5? And John 1:14? Particularly John 17's text.

Yes, I get all of that, but you said he is spirit now, which would imply a change since his birth other than his transfiguration, resurrection, and ascension. That is why I asked for an explanation.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I get all of that, but you said he is spirit now, which would imply a change since his birth other than his transfiguration, resurrection, and ascension. That is why I asked for an explanation.
Yes, he is holy spirit now. John 1:1. He is not flesh in any way because the perishable cannot inherit the imperishable.
John 1:14, 2Corinthians 4:6, Hebrews 1:3