The Masonic Oath; An Evil Fellowship Or Not?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two links to this debate for those that have time to peruse the two sites.

Those that "attempt" to defend "reasonably" the Masonic Oath is at this site below.

Masonic Oath

Those that speak against the Masonic Oath is at this site below.

oaths

This site does point out the three kinds of penalties for those 3 kinds of levels in taking the oath.

That points out the rebuttal for those that defend the taking of the oath as being under the understanding not to do evil as required by the laws of society because to respect the laws of society would require not submitting to the penalties which is binding to that "obligation".

Of course, they reason the oath doesn't really mean anything; just a formality, and yet they are swearing the oath on a Bible.

There are 5 scriptural references I shall add to this "debate" for discernment below.

Malachi 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the Lord of hosts. 6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Christians should not make any obligation for "tomorrow" when that is evil enough by itself.

James 4:13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: 14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. 17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

The Lord's wills that christians lives by faith in Jesus Christ to do good & not under religious bondage to do good. If one does not do good, he not only sin, but broke the oath to do good, thus another sin. Better to live under grace than under the law to do good.

God cannot help Masons keep their oath when it is on them to do all that proceeds out of their mouths.

Numbers 30:2 If a man vow a vow unto the Lord, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.

And the oath is a work of men's hands; not God's. That is why God cannot help you in keeping your oath. God will not cover for sinners to claim they kept their oath when they did not actually do it.

Ecclesiastes 5:4 When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed. 5 Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay. 6 Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?

Christians in Masonry should get rid of the Masonic oath and the obligations that comes with it since each "fellowship" are allowed to do anything they want differently, supposedly. As it is, if not every member of the lodge is a christian, then what kind of an agreement, let alone, a fellowship, can you have with them even without the Masonic oath?

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

It is too bad that in general, christian men cannot create & maintain a christian fellowship in the christian church for christian men & boys, and yet they have time and service for an evil social tradition of men. So what are your local churches waiting for?

Reactions: Truth7t7

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus said, 'Let your yes be yes and your no be no.' indicating that we should have no need of oaths to enforce our telling of the truth or our keeping of promises.
Paul, also said that 'we renounce secret ways and methods, working openly before all men.'

On those grounds alone we have no need of belonging to secret societies etc.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

If any one thinks that God looks on the intentions of the heart and not at the idle words we speak, you are wrong when those words comes forth from the heart that can defile a man just by being a false witness.

Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:20 These are the things which defile a man:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The evils of freemasonry I agree!

Secret Oaths and ritual in the Roman Catholic Knights of Columbus, both institutions have secret oaths, and questionable activities.
Are you an expert on the Knights of Columbus? There are no secret oaths and there are no questionable activities. Their main activity is charities and they give financial support to Protestant ones as well. The only "secret" is they ask members not to reveal some of the initiation exercises so as to not spoil it for upcoming members, which is often revealed anyway. It's just a lot of fun, and there are no secret oaths. Did you glean that false charge from a Jackkk Chickkk comic? I've been a 3rd degree knight for many years and you are grossly misinformed. (or a liar)

Educate yourself with facts instead of spewing the usual anti-Catholic bigotry that is so widespread in here.
Knights of Columbus Home

Oh...and we pray to God at the beginning and end of each meeting, there are no "rituals".

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you an expert on the Knights of Columbus? There are no secret oaths and there are no questionable activities. Their main activity is charities and they give financial support to Protestant ones as well. The only "secret" is they ask members not to reveal some of the initiation exercises so as to not spoil it for upcoming members, which is often revealed anyway. It's just a lot of fun, and there are no secret oaths. Did you glean that false charge from a Jackkk Chickkk comic? I've been a 3rd degree knight for many years and you are grossly misinformed. (or a liar)

Educate yourself with facts instead of spewing the usual anti-Catholic bigotry that is so widespread in here.
Knights of Columbus Home

Oh...and we pray to God at the beginning and end of each meeting, there are no "rituals".
Secrets Of Initiation Exercises?

Exactly, Called Oaths Sworn And Secret Tokens In Words And Hand Shakes Exactly Like Freemasonry.

Freemasonry "Shriners" have charitable childrens hospitals also.

The lineage of my faith would be found in the "Anabaptist" not in protestant Martin Luther.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Secrets Of Initiation Exercises?

Exactly, Called Oaths Sworn And Secret Tokens In Words And Hand Shakes Exactly Like Freemasonry.

Freemasonry "Shriners" have charitable childrens hospitals also.

The lineage of my faith would be found in the "Anabaptist" not in protestant Martin Luther.
OK then, you are a liar. And an ignorant anti-Catholic bigot and a troll. And you haven't witnessed a single member initiation, but you think you know all about it. There are no oaths and no secrets and no hand shakes beyond the norm. You need to stop reading that anti-Catholic trash, it rots the mind....troll!

anticatholicism.jpg

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OK then, you are a liar. And an ignorant anti-Catholic bigot and a troll. And you haven't witnessed a single member initiation, but you think you know all about it. There are no oaths and no secrets and no hand shakes beyond the norm. You need to stop reading that anti-Catholic trash, it rots the mind....troll!

It amazes me how nice you folks are.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Helen

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It amazes me how nice you folks are.
Let's drag your church through mud puddles of lies and we can see how nice you react. Ever heard of righteous indignation? Stand for nothing and fall for anything. Do you even have a church?

truth7t7 is a hypocrit and a troll. He's going on my ignore list.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let's drag your church through mud puddles of lies and we can see how nice you react.

It's not going to happen because I don't attend a Catholic Church. :) :) Lol

Anyhow: Ever wondered why you cannot get people to convert into being a catholic? Did it cross your mind that it might be because of your vicious name calling?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's not going to happen because I don't attend a Catholic Church. :) :) Lol

Anyhow: Ever wondered why you cannot get people to convert into being a catholic? Did it cross your mind that it might be because of your vicious name calling?
So lying and compounding lies with more lies should be acceptable? Do I have "DOORMAT" stamped on my forehead? I am not looking for converts, I am here to address the lies and hate from "holy" anti-Catholics. Maybe I should stick to "blind guides" and "brood of vipers" instead. That's worse than "troll", "liar" or "hypocrite".

truth7t7 needs another nic.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

anticatholicism.jpg
No Oaths, No Secrets, No handshakes?

"Beyond The Norm"?

Smiles!

KOC is a secret society and military order for the Roman Catholic Church, Ignatius Loyola Is A Friend.

No Hate, Just Fact!