The Message Of Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"On the contrary, what does it say? The message is near you, in your mouth, and in your heart. This is the message of faith that we proclaim: if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. One believes with the heart, resulting in righteousness, and one confesses with the mouth, resulting in salvation." Romans 10; 8,9,10 Christian Standard Bible.
There is much confusion regarding faith in general and this passage specifically. This is actually a process on how to get heart knowledge and be saved. It's also useful to get more truth in one's heart. We are as free as the amount of truth that is in our hearts.
When we are born again, full knowledge of the truth isn't part of the deal. So we have to learn it. Head knowledge is a start but there is more to the equation than that.
I first become aware of scripture when I see it, hear it or if I'm blind, feel it. I can now speak it out. As I repeat it, the word enters my heart. I don't think it means to repeat it 100 times and you are guaranteed heart knowledge. Whenever you think of it or whenever. A good worship song is a fine example of this. If you persist, you will speak the word because you believe it in your heart.
"You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 NIV
March 10 1994 is the night desperation turned me back to God. I sought to follow Him as like my life depended on it, which it did. (My profile talks about my struggles with addiction)
For the next 4 months, I sought God for as long as it was today. I went to meetings, rehab, and made sure I went fishing a lot. Recovery is when you stop beating yourself up. The next paragraph is an example of persevering when the word says to do so.
I attended a local church a few times but it wasn't what I was looking for. I ended up driving 1 1/2 hours to a church I was told to check out, so I did. God met me there, showed me His love for me and my life took a new course. Though the roots of sin in my soul went deep. In response to His love for me, I loved Him back. I will obey Him because I love Him. He doesn't lie. I'm not talking perfection regarding myself.
We are saved by faith and faith comes by hearing the word. Speak it out, proclaim it to your cat, your backyard, and your paperboy. To everyone, to no one. Especially, speak it to the enemy. Poke him with God's sharp sword and he'll back off. If you feel like it, chase him/them out your front door and proclaim, "But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD." Taken from Joshua 24:15 New Living Translation Shalom.

Last edited by a moderator: