The Missing Words

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
SHALL WE HIRE A MONUMENT ENGRAVER TO GO TO ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY AND ADD THE MISSING WORDS ? A MESSAGE FROM AN APPALLED OBSERVER: Today I went to visit the new World War II Memorial in Washington, DC I got an unexpected history lesson Because I'm a baby boomer, I was one of the youngest in the crowd. Most were the age of my parents, Veterans of "the greatest war," with their families. It was a beautiful day, and people were smiling and happy to be there. Hundreds of us milled around the memorial, reading the inspiring words of Eisenhower and Truman that are engraved there. On the Pacific side of the memorial, a group of us gathered to read the words President Roosevelt used to announce the attack on Pearl Harbor: Yesterday, December 7, 1941-- a date which will live in infamy--the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked. One elderly woman read the words aloud: "With confidence in our armed forces, with the abounding determination of our people, we will gain the inevitable triumph." But as she read, she was suddenly turned angry. "Wait a minute," she said, "they left out the end of the quote.. They left out the most important part. Roosevelt ended the message with "so help us God." Her husband said, "You are probably right. We're not supposed to say things like that now." "I know I'm right," she insisted. "I remember the speech." The two looked dismayed, shook their heads sadly and walked away. Listening to their conversation, I thought to myself,Well, it has been over 50 years she's probably forgotten." But she had not forgotten. She was right. I went home and pulled out the book my book club is reading --- "Flags of Our Fathers" by James Bradley. It's all about the battle at Iwo Jima . I haven't gotten too far in the book. It's tough to read because it's a graphic description of the WWII battles in the Pacific. But right there it was on page 58. Roosevelt's speech to the nation ends in "so help us God." The people who edited out that part of the speech when they engraved it on the memorial could have fooled me. I was born after the war.! But they couldn't fool the people who were there. Roosevelt's words are engraved on their hearts. Now I ask: "WHO GAVE THEM THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE WORDS OF HISTORY?????????" Some People today are trying to change the history of America by leaving God out of it, but the truth is, God has been a part of this nation, since the beginning. He still wants to be...and He always will be! May God Bless

Firedancer4

Feb 21, 2007
Ooohhh!!!!! This just churns my gut! I get so angry at the unbelievable efforts some people in this country make to push God out. History is history, and God was there then just as He is now.Why is God such a threat to them? What are they gaining by erasing those words, so powerfully spoken in such a harrowing time? So desperately spoken.Erasing those words doesn't make God less real. It's sad... and I would argue to put the words back where they belong.

E

epouraniois

I am glad I read that. I hope it is acceptable for me to share some quotes by some famous people about what they, apparently, think is going on.I think it was Mussolini, but I could be mistaken, one of those communist dictators for sure though,said, it is the winners who write the history."Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny."Robert A. Heinlein"There ought to be limits to freedom."Governor George W Bush, May 21, 1999"Christianity is our foe. If animal rights is to succeed, we must destroy the Judeo-Christian religious tradition."Peter Singer (father of the animal rights movement), The Deweese Report, November 1998"There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution."Aldous Huxley's lecture to The California Medical School in San Francisco in 1961Directed to the 23 Supreme Councils of the Illuminati 4 June 1889:"To you, Sovereign Instructors of Grade 33, we tell you: you have to repeat to the brothers of inferior grades that we worship only one God to whom we pray without superstition. It is we, Initiated in the Supreme Grade, that are to keep the real Masonic religion preserving pure the Lucifer doctrine"- Albert Pike - (Illuminati, founder of the Ku Klux Klan)"One-fourth of humanity must be eliminated from the social body. We are in charge of God's selection process for planet earth. He selects, we destroy. We are the riders of the pale horse, Death."Psychologist Barbara Marx Hubbard - member of Task Force Delta; a United States Army think tank"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Edward R. Murrow (1908-1965), American Broadcast Newsman"The real rulers in Washington are invisible and exercise power from behind the scenes."Justice Felix Frankfurter (1882-1965) U.S. Supreme Court Justice"It is the sacred principles enshrined in the United Nations charter to which the American people will henceforth pledge their allegiance."President George Bush addressing the General Assembly of the U.N., February 1, 1992"For more than a century, ideological extremists, at either end of the political spectrum, have seized upon well-publicized incidents, such as my encounter with Castro, to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal, working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists,' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."David Rockefeller, Memoirs, 2002, p. 405"In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill ... All these dangers are caused by human intervention and it is only through changed attitudes and behaviour that they can be overcome. The real enemy, then, is humanity itself."Alexander King, Bertrand Schneider - founder and secretary, respectively, of the Club of Rome - The First Global Revolution, pp.104-105"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."President-Elect George W. Bush