The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God does it, then it should not matter if the priest is married or not, right?

But I put this question to you; if the Mass is making the one time sacrifice for sins present again to be received again, does that not make the blood of the Covenant on par with the blood of goats and bulls that it bears repeating to receive again as if the first Mass was not good enough?

That is why I believe Hebrews 10 th chapter is rebuking everything the Mass stands for.
NOPE.

The mass is not a "re-sacrificing" of Christ. It is s Re-Presentation of His once-for-all sacrifice.
We are taken back to Calvary at each mass.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - who said he was, Einstein?

Do you really have children??
YIKES!!
You think Jesus is the wafer and the wine in the priests cup is his blood, so Joseph Gallo and Wonder bread make your God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's exactly what I would expect a Biblical illiterate like yourself to say.

Tell me - which part of “Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord" do you NOT understand?
Since you only eat crumbs at communion, is only a drop of wine sufficient also?

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Corinthians 11:33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. 34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Can't be about a meal there, brother. It is solely about communion in the eating of the bread which is cited and the drinking of the wine which was to be done in remembrance of Him; nothing more and certainly not to be used to satisfy their hunger as if having a meal.

1 Corinthians 11:0 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper. 21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. 22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. 23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. 27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

So I hope you are not treating communion by holding a feast.

The RCC has made the bread and the wine as an idol. Some Protestant churches treat the bread and the wine as if Christ's Presence is in them, thus not really reformed from the teachings of the errors in the RCC. Some Protestant churches announce the service of communion by saying "We come into His Presence today.." which is a lie and work that denies Him as being in us and with us always for surely, we are not walking away from His Presence after communion. Believers should say what they mean in regards to their faith and not say anything that denies Him or that faith.

But somewhere along the way, you seem to have been misled into thinking that communion is a feast to satisfy hunger by. Not so.

Truly, if you are holding communion in that manner, you should ask the Lord Jesus Christ for help to see the truth in His words and repent.
How the Satanic Black Mass Proves the Truth of Catholicism

There have been a number of stories in the news lately of small Satanic groups publicly performing so-called “Black Masses.”

These rituals are based on the Catholic mass but are inverted toward Satan and often involve the desecration of a Eucharistic host.

This sort of thing is evil and should not be taken lightly. It’s also occurred to me, though, how these Black Masses offer a powerful argument for the truth of Catholicism.

[See also: Why Satan Is So Scared of St. John Paul II, According to Rome’s Chief Exorcist]

[See also: A Priest’s Warning Against the Devil’s 10 Deadliest Tricks]

The Eucharist is either Jesus or Evil
The Eucharist is either Jesus or mere bread and wine.

If the Eucharist is Jesus, everyone should be at Mass, worshipping Our Lord. If the Eucharist is Jesus, there should be no such thing as Protestantism, Mormonism, Islam, atheism, etc. But if the Eucharist isn’t Jesus, then for two thousand years, the would-be followers of Jesus Christ were actually idolaters. If that’s the case, nobody should be Catholic.

So those are the stakes. Everyone who encountered Jesus of Nazareth was faced with a crucial question: is this God, in some mysterious guise, or not? The early Christians called this the “aut Deus aut malus homo” (“either God or a bad man”). Everyone encountering the Eucharist is faced with the same question: either God or idolatry.

And of course, if the Eucharist is pagan idolatry, it’s demonic. As 1 Corinthians 10:20 says, “what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God.”

The whole world hangs on this point: is the Eucharist Jesus or an idol? Is the Sacrifice of the Mass being offered to God, or to demons?

Satan Hates the Eucharist
The satanic Black Mass is a ritual inversion (and mockery) of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass performed by Satanists. Now, there are two types of Satanists: “LaVey Satanists,” and “theological Satanists.” LaVey Satanists atheists who don’t believe in Satan, and use “Satanism” as a tool to harass and provoke Christians (unlike“theological Satanists,” who believe in Satan and worship him). But whether the practitioners are playing at the occult, or serious, there’s no question that they’re tapping into some seriously dark spiritual forces. Satan is at work here.

And it worth pointing out that when Satanists (of both kind) want to mock a religious ritual, you can bet that it’s going to be the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass that they target. How often do you hear about Muslim or Hindu or Jewish (or even Protestant) services being subjected to such intense Satanic mockery?

Nor is this Satanic targeting of the Mass anything new. As far back as the fourth century, St. Epiphanius of Salamis described a sect of Gnosticism performing a perverted mockery of Mass. I won’t go into the details, but it was graphic enough that the members of this sect became known as “Borborians” (“filthy ones”).

Satan Doesn’t Drive Out Satan
So the Eucharist is either Jesus or evil (since if it’s not Jesus, it’s idolatry) and since the devil hates the Eucharist, we can cross “evil” off the list.

For some additional Biblical support, consider Matthew 12.22-28:

“Then a blind and dumb demoniac was brought to him, and he healed him, so that the dumb man spoke and saw. And all the people were amazed, and said, “Can this be the Son of David?” But when the Pharisees heard it they said, “It is only by Be-el′zebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons.”

“Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand; and if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? And if I cast out demons by Be-el′zebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.”

This passage is important: it shows, for example, that Catholic exorcists are operating by the Spirit of God when they drive out demons. But it also means that if Satan hates the Mass, we can be sure that the Mass isn’t evil.

Of course, if the Mass isn’t demonic, if it isn’t idolatry, that really only leaves one option: that the Eucharist is Jesus Christ, and that the Sacrifice of the Mass is presenting Jesus to the Father. This (and as far as I can tell, this alone), accounts for the Satanic mockery.

The Target of Satan
Even if the only thing you knew about Catholicism was that its central form of worship, the Mass, was the target of Satanic ire, you would already have good reason to believe that Catholicism was the true religion.

But taken with all of the other evidence for the truth that the Eucharist is Jesus, that the Mass is a Sacrifice instituted by God, and that the Catholic Church is the Church founded by Christ, Satan is just one more (unwitting) witness for the truth of Jesus Christ and His Church.

Originally posted on Shameless Popery

[See also: How the Famous Sell Their Soul to Satan]

[See also: Satan Loves to Take Over Politicians, Says Roman Exorcist]

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if we really want to get into it... don't they always start it off by breaking the bread and passing it around? Do they not drink from the cup and pass that around? Kind of hard to get a feats out of that without robbing someone of taking a piece of the bread and a sip of that cup, right?

So as the congregation got bigger, they had to find a way to make sure everyone gets a share when holding communion in remembrance of Him.

So can't be a feast when communion was held after the Passover feast. That might be why you think the two are the same thing, but it is not.
Look at the sin that was committed. It was only by the rich that had much food. The sin was not sharing with the poor. This is not discerning the Lords body.
Christendom taught us it is about trying to pray through before communion.

As a matter of fact, this Passover feast commemorated the Lords death...aka, Easter.
Right, the translators knew this yearly feast celebration by the 1st century church existed and called it Easter.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There have been a number of stories in the news lately of small Satanic groups publicly performing so-called “Black Masses.”

These rituals are based on the Catholic mass but are inverted toward Satan and often involve the desecration of a Eucharistic host.

This sort of thing is evil and should not be taken lightly. It’s also occurred to me, though, how these Black Masses offer a powerful argument for the truth of Catholicism.

[See also: Why Satan Is So Scared of St. John Paul II, According to Rome’s Chief Exorcist]

If the Eucharist is Jesus, everyone should be at Mass, worshipping Our Lord. If the Eucharist is Jesus, there should be no such thing as Protestantism, Mormonism, Islam, atheism, etc. But if the Eucharist isn’t Jesus, then for two thousand years, the would-be followers of Jesus Christ were actually idolaters. If that’s the case, nobody should be Catholic.

So those are the stakes. Everyone who encountered Jesus of Nazareth was faced with a crucial question: is this God, in some mysterious guise, or not? The early Christians called this the “aut Deus aut malus homo” (“either God or a bad man”). Everyone encountering the Eucharist is faced with the same question: either God or idolatry.

And of course, if the Eucharist is pagan idolatry, it’s demonic. As 1 Corinthians 10:20 says, “what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God.”

The whole world hangs on this point: is the Eucharist Jesus or an idol? Is the Sacrifice of the Mass being offered to God, or to demons?

The satanic Black Mass is a ritual inversion (and mockery) of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass performed by Satanists. Now, there are two types of Satanists: “LaVey Satanists,” and “theological Satanists.” LaVey Satanists atheists who don’t believe in Satan, and use “Satanism” as a tool to harass and provoke Christians (unlike“theological Satanists,” who believe in Satan and worship him). But whether the practitioners are playing at the occult, or serious, there’s no question that they’re tapping into some seriously dark spiritual forces. Satan is at work here.

And it worth pointing out that when Satanists (of both kind) want to mock a religious ritual, you can bet that it’s going to be the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass that they target. How often do you hear about Muslim or Hindu or Jewish (or even Protestant) services being subjected to such intense Satanic mockery?

Nor is this Satanic targeting of the Mass anything new. As far back as the fourth century, St. Epiphanius of Salamis described a sect of Gnosticism performing a perverted mockery of Mass. I won’t go into the details, but it was graphic enough that the members of this sect became known as “Borborians” (“filthy ones”).

So the Eucharist is either Jesus or evil (since if it’s not Jesus, it’s idolatry) and since the devil hates the Eucharist, we can cross “evil” off the list.

“Then a blind and dumb demoniac was brought to him, and he healed him, so that the dumb man spoke and saw. And all the people were amazed, and said, “Can this be the Son of David?” But when the Pharisees heard it they said, “It is only by Be-el′zebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons.”

“Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand; and if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? And if I cast out demons by Be-el′zebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.”

This passage is important: it shows, for example, that Catholic exorcists are operating by the Spirit of God when they drive out demons. But it also means that if Satan hates the Mass, we can be sure that the Mass isn’t evil.

Of course, if the Mass isn’t demonic, if it isn’t idolatry, that really only leaves one option: that the Eucharist is Jesus Christ, and that the Sacrifice of the Mass is presenting Jesus to the Father. This (and as far as I can tell, this alone), accounts for the Satanic mockery.

The Target of Satan
Even if the only thing you knew about Catholicism was that its central form of worship, the Mass, was the target of Satanic ire, you would already have good reason to believe that Catholicism was the true religion.

But taken with all of the other evidence for the truth that the Eucharist is Jesus, that the Mass is a Sacrifice instituted by God, and that the Catholic Church is the Church founded by Christ, Satan is just one more (unwitting) witness for the truth of Jesus Christ and His Church.

Satan proves Catholicism?

Absolutely

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you are going to go Greek on me, you best explain that for you to show how I am ignoring that Greek word.
Nowhere in Scripture is the Greek word "trogos" used symbolically. It is a literal verb, an action, not a symbol.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The time hadn't come yet.

As I stated before - I could just as easily ask YOU to explain why He didn't drop dead and atone for the sins of the world at some earlier point.
SAME answer: Because the time had NOT yet come.

He held communion after holding the Passover before His crucifixion, remember? He even multiplied the bread and the fishes so He could have amply supply that bread of life, especially since manna fell from heaven when Israel was in the wilderness.

And yet ALSO, when addressing His disciples, He pointed out that not everyone believed in Him and that one of the 12 would betray Him. So why stress that point about believing in Him just as He did earlier with the Jews when they had asked Jesus for that bread of life?

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He held communion after holding the Passover before His crucifixion, remember? He even multiplied the bread and the fishes so He could have amply supply that bread of life, especially since manna fell from heaven when Israel was in the wilderness.

And yet ALSO, when addressing His disciples, He pointed out that not everyone believed in Him and that one of the 12 would betray Him. So why stress that point about believing in Him just as He did earlier with the Jews when they had asked Jesus for that bread of life?
The Eucharist at the Last Supper is one and the same sacrifice as the Crucifixion. Until you get that straight, you will remain in confusion. You are stuck with changing the meaning of the Passover, re-writing all of Judaism, and ignoring the general consensus of centuries of Christian writings. You look rather silly.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Target of Satan

Thank you for sharing, but no. That doesn't mean the Mass is sanctioned by God just because there are people out there performing the Black Mass. I actually read 1 Corinthians 10:14-22 as reproving the Mass.

1 Corinthians 10: 14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say. 16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread. 18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? 19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? 20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. 22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Eucharist at the Last Supper is one and the same sacrifice as the Crucifixion. Until you get that straight, you will remain in confusion. You are stuck with changing the meaning of the Passover, re-writing all of Judaism, and ignoring the general consensus of centuries of Christian writings. You look rather silly.

I rely only on Jesus Christ as my Good Shepherd in giving me wisdom in understanding the scripture as kept by the KJV for my edification.

Don't follow the crowd with all of their Christian writings to find the truth. Might makes right and numbers make right is not a good guide, brother.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Generally, yes.
Not in Mary's case, however.

People who are about to get married don't usually get puzzled about somebody telling them that they will have a baby - UNLESS they intended NOT to have children.

The answer is that Mary did not intend to have sexual relations with Joseph until they were actually married (and the angel told her that she would bear a child before that). They were only betrothed at the time; which means that they were ordained to be married.

It does not mean that Mary intended to be a perpetual virgin; for there was not yet any revelation that she would be the mother of the Messiah.

Again, what reason would Mary have for intending to be a perpetual virgin even while married to her prospective husband; before having any understanding that she would be the mother of the Messiah?

The Son is a distinct Person but is NOT the Father or the Holy Spirit.

Please explain the following:

Jhn 14:7, If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Jhn 14:8, Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jhn 14:9, Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Jhn 14:10, Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Jhn 14:11, Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

God the Father is a Spirit (John 4:23-24).

Therefore I conclude that the Spirit of Jesus is the Father; and therefore Jesus is the Father: at least, in His Spirit.

It is also clear that the one who sees Jesus also sees the Father. This is another indication that Jesus is the Father.

If YOUR definition strays from this definition - you are in heresy.

If your definition strays from what the word of the Lord teaches, you are in heresy.

He didn't say that. He said:
"This IS my Body" and "This IS my blood."

What part of "This IS" do you find difficult to accept??

You never heard of a metaphor? A metaphor is the exact same thing as a simile, except in a metaphor there is no link to the parabolic meaning with a term such as "like" or "as".

And that's exactly what I would expect a Biblical illiterate like yourself to say.

Ouch.

Being drunk or withholding from the poor when you have enough to share - those are SINS.
You are NOT to receive the Body and Blood of Christ if you are in a state of grave sin. THIS is why Paul told them that they were eating and drinking DAMNATION on themselves and had to answer to the Body anfd Blood of Christ.

If you don't believe me about the Eucharist - listen to one of your own. The Evangelical Pastor, Francis Chan has now come to the realization that the Eucharist IS the Body and Blood of Christ:

So then, we can believe what you believe about communion and still not be Catholic. While that is appealing to some degree, I'm still not biting.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Target of Satan

You seem to think that the devil is unintelligent in his attempts to deceive.

I know that if I were the devil, I would do what I could to substantiate things that are not of the Lord as being of the Lord by seeming to oppose them with the things that were blatantly of me.

I think that you underestimate him and his deceptive intelligence.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer is that Mary did not intend to have sexual relations with Joseph until they were actually married (and the angel told her that she would bear a child before that). They were only betrothed at the time; which means that they were ordained to be married.

It does not mean that Mary intended to be a perpetual virgin; for there was not yet any revelation that she would be the mother of the Messiah.

Again, what reason would Mary have for intending to be a perpetual virgin even while married to her prospective husband; before having any understanding that she would be the mother of the Messiah?

Matthew 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

That pretty much nips that in the bud on that issue. If any still doubt...

Mark 2:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. 4 But Jesus, said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

But it is possible that many will refuse to see the truth in His words. It really is on God to help them see the truth in His words.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

That pretty much nips that in the bud on that issue. If any still doubt...

Mark 2:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. 4 But Jesus, said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

But it is possible that many will refuse to see the truth in His words. It really is on God to help them see the truth in His words.
They will also be accountable on their day of judgment for rejecting His words.

If, when the voice comes from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my children," they do not come out; they will definitely partake of her sins.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If, when the voice comes from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my children," they do not come out; they will definitely partake of her sins.

Granted, since they have a lot on that foundation; wood, stubble, and hay, that is defiling the temple of God, which is their body, which needs to be repented of with His help to get it off of that foundation, but you & I are still called to run that race too in leaning on the Lord Jesus Christ to help us discern and depart from iniquity as well. You & I trust Him to finish His work in us to His glory for why we are resting in Him for all things.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.... 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 25 Brethren, pray for us.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes that really is the bottom line. That is something BOL has been running from...

We have two candidates of the "Harlot Church" ...

#1. Catholic Church on seven hills and upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

#2. Harlot Jerusalem.

One has a glorious future, and the other has a candle out and comes to destruction with God remembering her iniquities...

BOL, which do you suppose is which?

God Bless!

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did Jesus say “search the scriptures for in them ye think ye have eternal life....,”

Or, “search the commentary.....”
The Scriptures say the Church is “the pillar and foundation of the truth” (1Tim 3:15) and the Church is the “fullness” of Christ (Eph 1:22-23). The Scriptures don’t say the Scriptures are the “pillar and foundation of the truth”; nor do they say they are the “fullness” of Christ.

So wake up - YOUR BIBLE says the “truth” and the “fullness” of Christ are found in the CHURCH, NOT IN THE SCRIPTURES.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Early church history is found in Acts and the Epistles.

The apostate history is found in extra Biblical literature.
Your only defence is to deny history. I love it!

Denying history is easy - even neo-Nazis can do it.