The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then why do the RCC statues bleed or cry sometimes?...

A famous statue of the Virgin Mary has been recorded 'weeping' tears of blood. People have flocked to the home of the Frias family in the town of Metan in the Salta province in northwestern Argentina to see the statue known as the Virgin of the Mystic Rose.Nov 30, 2018
www.mirror.co.uk › news › world-news › crying-virgin-mary-statue-fil...

'Crying' Virgin Mary statue 'filmed weeping blood for the 38th time ...

Search for: Where is the statue that cries blood?

Why do folks kneel and pray before it?
I thought that would be obvious - if a statue is weeping tears of blood, then that is a miracle performed by God Almighty. I can understand why the faithful would want to kneel down and pray in the presence of such a miracle, especially since it involves Mary.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From the Catholic catechism: from this link: Catechism of the Catholic Church - The way of prayer
I’m very glad you've been studying the Catechism of the Catholic Church - you will learn more about God’s truth from it than you ever will from just reading the Bible.
Now if you do not see anything wrong with praying to Mary even though only God can answer prayers and only God can be with us always
There is nothing at all wrong with praying to Mary, in fact the Catholic Church highly recommends it, so that is what I do, since what the Church teaches is the infallible word of God. Mary herself doesn’t answer prayers - only God can answer prayers, but Mary intercedes for us.
As it is, scripture limits only one way to come to God the Father by and only One Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus
If you limit yourself to merely your interpretation of Scripture, you are like a plant that doesn’t get enough sunshine to grow to its full potential. It is only through the Catholic Church that you can get your full share of God’s sunshine.

The Church is the “fullness” of Christ (Eph 1:22), therefore the Church shares Christ’s role as mediator. This is especially so in the case of Mary, who is the Mother of God, and therefore the Mother of the Church.
Scripture does not teach that Mary has any power nor was there any promise given for her to be with us always nor to intercede for us once she had passed on because she is not God.
If Mary has any power, it comes entirely from Christ. Mary intercedes for us, regardless of what your interpretation of Scripture tells you. The Catholic Church is the “pillar and foundation of the truth” (1Tim 3:15), not you.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So how can you defend them when obviously they are flocking to these idols and praying to them?
I'm not aware of any Catholic teaching that advises the faithful to pray to idols. Perhaps you can enlighten me.
What would be the point of travelling from so far away just to pray at that statue or portrait other than to think her presence is there or His Presence is there at that "idol"?
Sometimes God transmits his miraculous powers, not only through humans, but through inanimate objects as well. Surely you’ve read about the woman (in Mark 5:25-34) who was cured merely by touching Jesus’ clothing? Jesus was not even aware she’d been cured until after it happened. What about Paul’s “handkerchiefs and aprons” that carried the power to cure the sick and cast out demons in Acts 19:11-12? And Acts 5:15-15 suggests Peter’s shadow falling on the sick cured some of them.

Last edited:

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The only answer is... if He never called it an eucharist and the disciples didn't either … why wasn't that taught as such in any letters of the churches in the N.T., especially for calling it an eucharist?
Jesus did call it the “eucharist” … not in the Scriptures, but later; and not directly, but through his Church.
and He did say to do communion only in remembrance of Him
I can't find the word "only" in that verse. You added it.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the church, who has more authority:Apostles, or those who do not necessarily have the Holy Ghost?
You evidently have no idea who has the Holy Spirit - you somehow missed recognising Christ's only Church, based in Vatican City, that is lead by the Holy Spirit.
There has been testimony on this thread, even by someone who is Catholic, that there are many Catholic Priests who have gone apostate and who are more inclined to preach communism than the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Yet these are deemed to have authority over the holy scriptures in the church.
That’s not how it works. The interpretation of Scripture is decided on by authorized experts in the Church, approved by the Pope. Individual priests are free to have opinions on Scriptures that are not critical to doctrine, but they are not free to interpret all Scriptures, or interpret Scriptures in such a way as to be contrary to Church doctrine.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The verse indicates that the saints are dead in the grave until Jesus Christ returns.

And therefore to pray to them is to pray to the dead (necromancy).
Not according to the Catholic Church.
Whom should I believe - a deluded, misinformed cult-member who operates outside the Church, or the Word of God as expressed in the doctrines of His one, true Church?

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see, the RCC priest is Jesus.

He turns the wine into Christ's blood and the wafer into Christ's body.

Does all the fullness of the Godhead dwell in the RCC priest, bodily, also?
Do you doubt God can perform miracles through human beings?

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m very glad you've been studying the Catechism of the Catholic Church - you will learn more about God’s truth from it than you ever will from just reading the Bible.

Thanks to Jesus being My Good shepherd, I'd take the Bible over the Catholic Catechism.

There is nothing at all wrong with praying to Mary, in fact the Catholic Church highly recommends it, so that is what I do, since what the Church teaches is the infallible word of God. Mary herself doesn’t answer prayers - only God can answer prayers, but Mary intercedes for us.

That is not what I am reading about that practice.

Prayers are only offered to gods even in the eyes of the secular world. So to abstain from all appearances of evil in the sight of God and men, Catholics need to repent of that if they truly wish to honor the Son as that only Mediator.

Addressing her as an advocate is not wise and dishonoring the Son when there is only One Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

And giving her the title as the Queen as in the Queen of Heaven when that reference in the O.T. was an offense to the Lord, I do not understand how Catholics cannot see Mary be offended by addressing her as that. A little leaven leavens a whole lump.

Best to return to your first love, the Lord Jesus Christ aka the Bridegroom in coming to God the Father for anything.

If you limit yourself to merely your interpretation of Scripture, you are like a plant that doesn’t get enough sunshine to grow to its full potential. It is only through the Catholic Church that you can get your full share of God’s sunshine.

Why is it the simplicity of the gospel has ceased in the light of the Catholic Church? Can't be that great a sunshine when the light of the gospel cannot be seen. Where is the joy of your salvation? Best to leave the Catholic Church and return to your first love, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Bridegroom.

The Church is the “fullness” of Christ (Eph 1:22), therefore the Church shares Christ’s role as mediator. This is especially so in the case of Mary, who is the Mother of God, and therefore the Mother of the Church.If Mary has any power, it comes entirely from Christ. Mary intercedes for us, regardless of what your interpretation of Scripture tells you. The Catholic Church is the “pillar and foundation of the truth” (1Tim 3:15), not you.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.... 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not aware of any Catholic teaching that advises the faithful to pray to idols. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

You are aware of it below, even though you do not see that as idolatry yet.

Sometimes God transmits his miraculous powers, not only through humans, but through inanimate objects as well. Surely you’ve read about the woman (in Mark 5:25-34) who was cured merely by touching Jesus’ clothing? Jesus was not even aware she’d been cured until after it happened. What about Paul’s “handkerchiefs and aprons” that carried the power to cure the sick and cast out demons in Acts 19:11-12? And Acts 5:15-15 suggests Peter’s shadow falling on the sick cured some of them.

Big difference to anything representing a living thing treated as a god as if going to them makes them nearer to that god that can do miracles for them.

Healing statue known for miracles and blessings on display for limited time in Northeast Ohio

"The statue was at St. Joseph’s Parish in Alliance on Friday, where the Very Rev. Canon Fr. Matthew Mankowski said, “We are very blessed to have the statue here, in the Catholic church we have a very special place for the Virgin Mary, those images are supposed to help us come closer to God.” "

Yet Jesus said;

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.... 7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Definition of IDOLATRY

"Definition of idolatry

1 : the worship of a physical object as a god
2 : immoderate attachment or devotion to something"

Not sure how the Eucharist can escape that definition of idolatry either, but definition #2 can be applied to what Catholics do towards Mary.

Think God would have Catholics do that which is idolatry in the eyes of the world? Why would sinners that are idolaters repent of their idols when they see the Catholics doing the same thing by appearances??

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did call it the “eucharist” … not in the Scriptures, but later; and not directly, but through his Church.

You should think that if "eucharist" was that important, Jesus would have named it first as such. Where is the name for the "blood"?

I can't find the word "only" in that verse. You added it.

Not really when I was paraphrasing the meaning because of the latter part of that verse in John 5:23.

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Since Jesus taught us no other way to honor the Father by and yet by not honoring the Son, we are not honoring the Father makes honoring the Son the only way to honor the Father.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.....and he knew her not until...
Knowing her is after kissing her.
Right?
Glad to have you as my new member.
We sure have a lot of work to do though...
Ummmm, where does it say they "kissed"?
Chapter and verse
, Einstein . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God made that chalky wafer the priest feeds folks?
Has anyone done a chemical analysis on those wafers lately?
Strange stuff
Since when is bread "chalky"??

Now - where did Jesus get the water that He turned into wine at Cana?
Shouldn't be that hard for you to find out, Einstein . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no reason for Mary to remain a virgin after Jesus was born when she was married to Joseph. Just as there is no reason for Joseph to marry Mary if he was not to have any children by her in building a family. Remember that Joseph was thinking about putting her away privately? That's because Joseph wants to raise a godly family when he gets married.
The only reason the RCC would promote that, may very well have to do with promoting the origin of Mary that she was born of a virgin too just so Jesus can be sinless. The logic in that fails because then Mary's mother would have to be born of a virgin and so forth and so on. So no.
WRONG.
The problem with this post is that it fails to understand Biblical Typology and Fulfillment.

Mary is the NT Fulfillment of the OT Type that was the Ark of the Covenent. She is the Ark of the NEW Covenant, which is Christ.
I will prove my case using nothing but Scripture . . .

In the Book of Revelation, we see the New Ark of the Covenant in Heaven being spoken of at the very end of Chapter 11, verse 19: Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant could be seen in the temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder, an earthquake, and a violent hailstorm.

The very next verse is in Chapter 12 (Rev 12:1): A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

Verse 2
says: She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth.

We know that this child is Jesus because in verse 4, we read: She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod.
There is simply NO getting around the fact that the Woman here in Rev. 11:19-12:1-5 – the “Ark” in Heaven is Mary.

Here is a comparison chart, showing the OT TYPE that is the Ark – and the NT FULFILLMENT that is Mary:

OT - The Word was written by God on Tablets of Stone (Ex. 25:10) placed inside the Ark (Deut. 10:1)
NT - The Word of God became Flesh (John 1) conceived inside Mary (Luke 2:38) Mary carried the Word of God.

OT - "Who am I that the Ark of my Lord should come to me?" (2 Sam. 6:9)
NT - "Who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:43)

OT - The When the Ark carrying the Word of God returned “David was leaping and dancing before the Lord” (2 Sam. 6:14)
NT - When Mary came into Elizabeth's presence carrying the word of God, the baby “leaped for joy” in Elizabeth's womb (Luke 2:38)

OT - The Ark carrying the Word of God is brought to the house of Obed-Edom for 3 months, where it was a blessing. (2 Sam. 6:11)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) carrying the Word of God goes to Elizabeth's house for 3 months, where she is a blessing (Luke 1:56)

OT - The Ark is captured (1 Sam 4:11) and brought to a foreign land and later returns (1 Sam 6:13)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) is exiled to a foreign land (Egypt) and later returns (Matt. 2:14)

OT - The On the Day of the Dedication of the Temple which Solomon built, there were 120 priests present (2 Chron. 5:11). The Ark of the covenant was carried into the Temple (2 Chron. 5:7) and fire came down from Heaven to consume the burnt offering (2 Chron. 7:7).
NT - On the Day of Pentecost, there were 120 disciples of Jesus present in the Upper Room (Acts 1:15). Mary, the Mother of Jesus and the Ark of the NEW Covenant was also present while the Holy Spirit came down as tongues of fire (Acts 2:3).

Anybody who disagrees with this is only disagreeing with GOD Himself because it doesn’t fit their pre-conceived bias about Mary.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when is bread "chalky"??

Now - where did Jesus get the water that He turned into wine at Cana?
Shouldn't be that hard for you to find out, Einstein . . .
That strange chalky wafer is stuck in our mouth by the priest.

What is it made of anyway?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That strange chalky wafer is stuck in our mouth by the priest.
What is it made of anyway?
In "our" mouth??
You're an apostate Catholic and don't receive the Eucharist - so why do you care so much?

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought that would be obvious - if a statue is weeping tears of blood, then that is a miracle performed by God Almighty. I can understand why the faithful would want to kneel down and pray in the presence of such a miracle, especially since it involves Mary.
Your post makes me think the RCC does all the writing for the national Inquirer.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In "our" mouth??
You're an apostate Catholic and don't receive the Eucharist - so why do you care so much?
Since the priest is that forgiver of all of their sins, He should stick soap in their mouth.