The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Twisting my words again. It's very predictable.

Lord Jesus is the just Judge.

You say that you chose Jesus.

Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

You twist the very Word of God.

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really don't understand Romans 9. At all.

God had me proclaim the true understanding of the Romans 9 passages to you.

You come back with your thoughts only, just "the word of Renniks".

You failed to quote the Word of God in your post, so you failed to provide any scriptural response to that which God had me post to you.

Your post is a whole lot of useless "word of @Renniks", which is not life.

In truth, the Word of God is life (John 14:6).

That’s a whole lot of your thoughts without the Word of God!

Your thoughts that the Jesus died for the sins everyone everywhere results from your precepts of men that lead to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9).

A word about your thoughts. It is written, “‘For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,’ declares YHWH. ‘For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.'” (Isaiah 55:8-9).

A word about adding to scripture as you have done. It is written “do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar” (Proverbs 30:6).

Of the new Jerusalem, the Apostle John wrote “nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life” (Revelation 21:27) – notice that no one who practices lying gets in, and a human adding to scripture is the human lying.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer is everyone. Everyone resists God's will. And that's shown in the passage you are quoting. Was it God's will for the objector to talk back to God? No. You have it exactly backwards.

Paul just got through declaring God's Sovereign control of man with "He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires" (Romans 9:18).

You are deathly wrong.

It is written that no purpose of God's can be thwarted (Job 42:2), so scripture reveals that man cannot resist God's will, and Paul knows scripture.

You do not know scripture.

The objector was wrong about God not allowing free will.

Your "free will" is not mentioned in the passage, in fact, the Apostle Paul leaves no room for dispute in a person who believes God.

Immediately after writing that God is in control Paul continued with "You will say to me then, 'Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?'” (Romans 9:19)

Romans 9:18 segues right into Romans 9:19-23.

Bringing these together:

Paul conveyed "God is in control" (Romans 9:18) then the "you" defiantly mocks God's control with "You realize in your theology if people don't believe the scripture it's because God doesn't allow them to, right?" like in Romans 9:19, because your words align so well with the actual Romans 9:19 content).

The "you" in Romans 9:19-20 is the person who rejects God by way of rejecting God's exclusive control of man's salvation; in other words, the "you" is the person that claims man controls man (what you call "free will"), yet Paul explains God controls man.

Do not forget that it is written that no purpose of God's can be thwarted (Job 42:2), so scripture reveals that man cannot resist God's will, and Paul knows scripture.

Notice the "you" questioning why God still finds fault. Paul conveys that the "you" asks the fault question in a mocking manner, and the subsequent question about God's will continues with the "you" mocking the One True God who is entirely in control of man's salvation according to Paul (Ephesians 2:8-10 for example).

The "you" mocking is certain because immediately after the question about God's will, Paul wrote:

On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? (Romans 9:20)

See the "On the contrary" which is indicative that the following statement of Paul refutes the mocking questions of the "you" about fault and about God's will (in Romans 9:19).

Quit talking back to God and agree with Paul that God has the right to allow anyone access to salvation. Which is what a whole lot of Romans is about.

To understand Paul’s argument in Romans 9, it is important to understand who he is writing against. Who is Paul’s hypothetical objector in Romans 9, and what is this objector driving at?

Paul’s hypothetical objector throughout the Romans is a hypothetical, non-believing Jewish person.

If we can agree on that I can explain the rest. If not you will continue to misuse and misunderstand Romans 9.

Regardless of "Who is Paul’s hypothetical objector", Paul continues immediately after "On the contrary" in Romans 9:20 showing that the thing molded cannot resist the will of the Molder.

The thing molded represents the "you".

The Molder represents God.

IN TRUTH, PAUL CONVEYS THAT MAN CANNOT RESIST GOD'S WILL (ROMANS 9:19-20)!

The Truth (John 14:6) is that Lord Jesus Christ died exclusively to save all the vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul just got through declaring God's Sovereign control of man with "He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires" (Romans 9:18).
But you forget to included what is in Romans 11:32. God will have mercy ON ALL.
For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
And He only hardens the ones who have already chosen to be hardened. However, you would rather see God NOT have mercy on all.

Which means that Calvinism is sadistic at its heart. No wonder Calvin sadistically persecuted real Christians who disagreed with him.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord Jesus is the just Judge.

You say that you chose Jesus.

Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

You twist the very Word of God.
He said that to the twelve disciples...

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regardless of "Who is Paul’s hypothetical objector", Paul continues immediately after "On the contrary" in Romans 9:20 showing that the thing molded cannot resist the will of the Molder.

You really don't understand what you are quoting.
No, the molded one should not talk back to God. The fact that he can confirms free will.

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’” 2

He doesn't say (as you claim) that we cannot talk back to God.
Israel did in fact resist God's will.
"You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you." Acts 7:51

The context of Romans 9 deals with Israel.
Calvinists think Paul is more merciful than God.

(9:3) For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh,

From a Calvinistic perspective, Jesus (God) does not desire all of the Jews to be saved.
But Paul does.
What a tiny view of God!
The verse about not talking back to God is directed at a rebellious Jew, not the reader... unless the reader is angry at God for offering salvation to everyone, not just those he thinks are chosen. Kinda sounds like a Calvinist.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 11 here tells us the whole purpose of Christ's dying is
to gather together the children of God scattered abroad by the blood of the New Covenant.
Blood means the death of Christ. And the blood shed was only for the children of God both in the nation of Israel, and those scattered abroad.

Matthews 26
27 Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Jesus says My blood of the New covenant is shed for MANY. Jesus does not say ALL.

Many signifies a large group of people, but it does not mean ALL people.
The blood of the New Covenant, established in His Blood, is not for all people as in each and every single person ever born in every single nation, all over the world.
If it was, then Christ would have said ALL, but He did not say ALL. That Christ's New Covenant established by His Blood, meaning His DEATH includes ALL people into the New Covenant, is shown to be wrong. Just like I said before, 'World' does not mean those who are not the sheep. Many verses with 'world' and talking of salvation is not for the unbelieving world of the goats, it is for the other sheep scattered abroad who will hear His voice and believe in Christ, and only them.

You do not turn a goat , scorpion, devil into a sheep. Only the foreknown and called, who are the sheep will believe.
And Christ is only the shepherd of the sheep, he does not shepherd the goats, or devils. So Christ's Blood was shed for some large group of people, who are the children of God and not all people. Christ does not shed His Blood for the goats for example, as unbelievers have no part in the New covenant established in His Blood.

Hebrews 13
20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Now these children of God are His very own elect. And that also includes the elect yet to be born, these children of God are those who are not yet believing in Him. They are also known as His other sheep which I have.
John 10:16
And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Obviously these other sheep have not heard Christ's voice, so they are the LOST SHEEP, and He is their great shepherd. None of the lost sheep will remain lost, Christ being the good shepherd goes and gets all the lost sheep, none are lost. Not all people are lost sheep,

John 11
45 Then many of the Jews who had come to Mary, and had seen the things Jesus did, believed in Him. 46 But some of them went away to the Pharisees and told them the things Jesus did. 47 Then the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered a council and said, “What shall we do? For this Man works many signs. 48 If we let Him alone like this, everyone will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and nation.”

49 And one of them, Caiaphas, being high priest that year, said to them, “You know nothing at all, 50 nor do you consider that it is expedient for us that one man should die for the people, and not that the whole nation should perish.” 51 Now this he did not say on his own authority; but being high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the nation, 52 and not for that nation only, but also that He would gather together in one the children of God who were scattered abroad.

Reactions: Kermos

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets hear the conclusion if the matter, if Christs death was supposedly for all without exception, knowing and realizing that all without exception shall not be saved, then at best Christs death only made men savable or redeemable, and it didn't actually save or redeem anyone ! And this would be totally against scripture. For such a sentiment deprives Christ from being the only Saviour of sinners.

Reactions: Kermos

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you forget to included what is in Romans 11:32. God will have mercy ON ALL.
For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
And He only hardens the ones who have already chosen to be hardened. However, you would rather see God NOT have mercy on all.

Which means that Calvinism is sadistic at its heart. No wonder Calvin sadistically persecuted real Christians who disagreed with him.

Oh, so now you effectively claim to be a Universalist that you say everybody everywhere has mercy from God being saved from the wrath of God without exception.

Universalism is ungodly.

In "For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all" (Romans 11:32), Paul uses "all" to refer to people that will believe and be saved from the wrath of God before people die. The context of "all" in Romans 11:32 is constrained to believers and future believers because the letter of Romans was written to the Assembly of God in Rome (Romans 1:1-7). This is Christian teaching.

Let's look at John 12:32 since you wrote "God will have mercy ON ALL" (which has applicability to John 12:32), but there are no verses that say Jesus died for the sins of everyone everywhere without exception.

For example, let's look at tbe results of you trying to apply such a concept with "He draws all men to himself" in John 12:32 which exposes how your logic implodes, your illegal linguistics, and your thoughts are against Christ:

1. The Apostle John attributed the "if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself" (John 12:32) statement of Jesus specifically to "He was saying this to indicate the kind of death by which He was to die" (John 12:33).
  2. Jesus attributed NOT the John 12:32 statement to salvation.
  3. The John 12:32 statement aligns with “As surely as I live, says the Lord, every knee will bow before Me; every tongue will confess to God" (Romans 14:11) because with certainty every believer and unbeliever will bow the knee to Christ one day; therefore, here is the drawing in the John 12:32 statement; moreover, every believer receives eternal life (John 3:16), and every unbeliever disobedient person while living has the wrath of God abiding on such a disobedient one (John 3:36).
  4. The words "all men" (πάντας pantas, every, conjugate of pas Strong's 3956) in John 12:32 is plural, rather than singular such as the words "every one" (πᾶς pas, every, pas Strong's 3956) in John 3:16 (please see post #2869 for a complete explanation of "every one believing" in John 3:16); therefore, pantas in John 12:32 accurately translates as "every people", "every peoples", and "all men" because pantas is plural. Because of this, Jesus says He will draw persons from every people group, like nation, per John 12:32 (Praise God, @Scott Downey pointed out "all peoples" in post #2882).
  5. Jesus can say one thing with multiple meanings.
  6. there is no indication for a supposed ability for man to choose Jesus for salvation respecting the recorded Word in John 12:32.
  7. Christ draws all to himself by way of the Word of God, the Holy Spirit, the Power of God.
  8. In effect, you persist in asserting that God's will is soooo weak that God fails to save some people from the wrath of God for whom Jesus died.

Somewhere, there is a lady who rejected Jesus Christ, and she died while she rejected Jesus Christ.

The gospel, the Jesus, that you confess failed to save her even though your Jesus died for her sins. The atonement sacrifice of your Jesus Christ was insufficient for her to enter his Joy, so she who died suffers the wrath of God because your he who died is miserably weak. (Galatians 1:6-7)

Truly, the gospel of Jesus Christ includes that He succeeds in saving every single one of the people for whom he died from the wrath of God (John 10:28). Jesus Christ is Mighty God (Isaiah 9:6), and there is none like God (Isaiah 46:9).

Boy, Enoch111, your humanistic assertion that man can choose Jesus is ungodly, unscriptural and a denial of the Word of God because Christ says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

Lord Jesus Christ died exclusively to save all the people who believe in Jesus whom the father has sent (John 6:29, John 10:27).

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This post is one of a series proclaiming many scriptural points that prove Lord Jesus says "you" to all His disciples in all time during the supper recorded in John chapters 13 to 17, including when He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

Jesus' disciples specifically identified Matthias and Joseph as two men who "accompanied us all the time" - see that it is all the time they were with Jesus as described here:

"'Therefore it is necessary that of the men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us - one of these [must] become a witness with us of His resurrection.' So they put forward two men, Joseph called Barsabbas (who was also called Justus), and Matthias." (Acts 1:21-23)

In the upper room occupied by Jesus' disciples who put forward Matthias and Joseph were Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon the Zealot, and Judas the son of James (Acts 1:13), and these disciples recognized Matthias and Joseph as disciples that were with them from the beginning, and not a single disciple contradicted Peter's prounouncement of "men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us".

Thus, Matthias and Joseph are at least two more people beyond the twelve who are specifically identified at the supper covered in John chapters 13-17.

Matthias and Joseph were also present when Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16, includes righteously obeying God) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation), so Jesus also spoke these glorious words to Matthias and Joseph.

Therefore, you made a false claim when you conveyed that Jesus said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" to the disciples exclusively because Matthias and Joseph were there!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You are deathly wrong.

It is written that no purpose of God's can be thwarted (Job 42:2), so scripture reveals that man cannot resist God's will, and Paul knows scripture.

You do not know scripture.

Your "free will" is not mentioned in the passage, in fact, the Apostle Paul leaves no room for dispute in a person who believes God.

Immediately after writing that God is in control Paul continued with "You will say to me then, 'Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?'” (Romans 9:19)

Romans 9:18 segues right into Romans 9:19-23.

Bringing these together:

Paul conveyed "God is in control" (Romans 9:18) then the "you" defiantly mocks God's control with "You realize in your theology if people don't believe the scripture it's because God doesn't allow them to, right?" like in Romans 9:19, because your words align so well with the actual Romans 9:19 content).

The "you" in Romans 9:19-20 is the person who rejects God by way of rejecting God's exclusive control of man's salvation; in other words, the "you" is the person that claims man controls man (what you call "free will"), yet Paul explains God controls man.

Do not forget that it is written that no purpose of God's can be thwarted (Job 42:2), so scripture reveals that man cannot resist God's will, and Paul knows scripture.

Notice the "you" questioning why God still finds fault. Paul conveys that the "you" asks the fault question in a mocking manner, and the subsequent question about God's will continues with the "you" mocking the One True God who is entirely in control of man's salvation according to Paul (Ephesians 2:8-10 for example).

The "you" mocking is certain because immediately after the question about God's will, Paul wrote:

On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? (Romans 9:20)

See the "On the contrary" which is indicative that the following statement of Paul refutes the mocking questions of the "you" about fault and about God's will (in Romans 9:19).

The Molder represents God.

IN TRUTH, PAUL CONVEYS THAT MAN CANNOT RESIST GOD'S WILL (ROMANS 9:19-20)!

The Truth (John 14:6) is that Lord Jesus Christ died exclusively to save all the vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory.
True, man's will is not free, it is bound. Christ tells us He is the one who makes a man free, not the devil who has blinded the minds of unbelievers, as 2 Corinthians 4 says. If they are blinded in their minds they can not believe. a clear example of how people just dont change are the many disputers of the scripture.

Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart. 2 But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 5 For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Here is a perfect example of how messed up people try to prove God is the Father of ALL, but the context here is the church only.
Ephesians 4, teaching about unity among believers only, we are not united with the WORLD which is perishing, who do not believe whose minds are blinded to the gospel of Christ by the devil, who is their spiritual father. I have had so many conversations with people who try to use scripture to say God is the Father of all.
Ephesians 4
I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Clearly, the people of the world are not the people of God, The same Paul the apostle wrote both of these books.
The New Man
17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

The OLD man, can not be saved, only the NEW man of the Spirit is saved.
All unbelievers are the OLD man, and they walk as the unbelieving gentiles walk, according to the prince of the power of the air (the devil).

It is why we must be born again before we will believe in our heart that God raised Christ from the dead, and confess Christ as Lord and be saved. God must make us alive who were dead, and that is the gift of God lest anyone should boast that they chose God. The old nature, is the carnal mind and we also read about that in Romans 8

5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies [d]through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This post is another one of a series proclaiming many scriptural points that prove Lord Jesus says "you" to all His disciples in all time during the supper recorded in John chapters 13 to 17, including when He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

The First Nature's Illegitimate Claim - Free-willian's Claim To Superiority Over The Apostles

People who claim to be able to choose Jesus, despite those people being confronted by the Word of God "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19), with those people persisting in their claim of being able to choose Jesus thereafter, with those people claiming the Word of God applies only to the apostles, by extension those people claim to be superior to the apostles.

Peter said to Jesus, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God" And Jesus said to Peter, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal [this] to you, but My Father who is in heaven" (Matthew 16:16-17). The Apostle Peter did not do it himself for he is flesh and blood. God did it to Peter. People who claim to be able to choose Jesus by extension claim to be superior to the apostles.

In your heart @Renniks you claim to have facility that exceeds the apostles

Related post 1: more disciples present at supper

Lord Jesus Christ died exclusively to save all the persons whom Christ chooses.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This post is another one of a series proclaiming many scriptural points that prove Lord Jesus says "you" to all His disciples in all time during the supper recorded in John chapters 13 to 17, including when He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

Friend Of Jesus (John 15:15) Relation To Exclusive Choice By Jesus (John 15:16)

Lord Jesus immediately adjacently joins being chosen by God as friends of Friend Jesus (John 15:15-16).

"I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you" (John 15:15-16) says Lord Jesus.

A friend of Jesus does not choose Jesus, but Jesus does choose the friend of Jesus (John 15:15-16), and a friend of Jesus does what Jesus commands (John 15:14) by the appointment of Jesus (John 15:16) thus being a friend of Jesus by the Christ's choosing (John 15:14-16).

FREE-WILLIANS DISAVOW CHRIST'S WORDS OF "YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME" (JOHN 15:16) FOR THEMSELVES WHILE AT THE SAME TIME DECLARING THE WORDS AS EXCLUSIVELY APPLICABLE TO THE APOSTLES; THEREFORE, FREE-WILLIANS DENY BEING A FRIEND OF JESUS WHICH JESUS COVERS IN THE SAME SAYINGS OF JESUS.

A friend of Jesus marvels at the glorious exclusive work of God's salvation of man; on the other hand, an enemy of Jesus steals the exclusive glory of man's salvation from God by saying things like "I chose Jesus" or "I accepted Jesus" resulting in the following implications to free will philosophy:
  • the enemy of Jesus rejects Jesus* Who says Who He is, and Jesus declares Himself Sovereign, the exclusive Controller, in man's salvation.
  • the enemy of Jesus does not receive the sayings of Jesus* for the enemy disavows Jesus' sayings about God's exclusive choosing of man (John 15:16, John 15:19).
  • the enemy of Jesus thinks the enemy compels God to provide salvation (i.e. God must obey man's command for salvation, and also without a man's affirming decision there is no salvation for the man).
  • the enemy of Jesus gets the glory, yet God does not give His glory to another (Isaiah 42:8).

* "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (John 12:48)

In their hearts self-willed persons (2 Peter 2:9-10) effectively remove themselves from being friends of Jesus.

By the Power of God, for God's glory (Isaiah 42:8), the friend of Jesus bears good fruit/works because apart from Jesus a person can do nothing (John 15:5).

By the Power of God, by God's grace, for God's glory (Isaiah 42:8), the friend of Jesus is saved from the wrath of God for Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28), says "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19).

Related post 2: Free-willian's Claim To Superiority Over The Apostles

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This post is one of a series proclaiming many scriptural points that prove Lord Jesus says "you" to all His disciples in all time during the supper recorded in John chapters 13 to 17, including when He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

Jesus' disciples specifically identified Matthias and Joseph as two men who "accompanied us all the time" - see that it is all the time they were with Jesus as described here:

"'Therefore it is necessary that of the men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us - one of these [must] become a witness with us of His resurrection.' So they put forward two men, Joseph called Barsabbas (who was also called Justus), and Matthias." (Acts 1:21-23)

In the upper room occupied by Jesus' disciples who put forward Matthias and Joseph were Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon the Zealot, and Judas the son of James (Acts 1:13), and these disciples recognized Matthias and Joseph as disciples that were with them from the beginning, and not a single disciple contradicted Peter's prounouncement of "men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us".

Thus, Matthias and Joseph are at least two more people beyond the twelve who are specifically identified at the supper covered in John chapters 13-17.

Matthias and Joseph were also present when Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16, includes righteously obeying God) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation), so Jesus also spoke these glorious words to Matthias and Joseph.

Therefore, you made a false claim when you conveyed that Jesus said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" to the disciples exclusively because Matthias and Joseph were there!
Ok? I wasn't there. You weren't there. Jesus chose these men to be with him quite literally while on this earth. Nothing whatsoever to do with salvation.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
chose you out of the world" (John 15:19), with those people persisting in their claim of being able to choose Jesus thereafter, with those people claiming the Word of God applies only to the apostles, by extension those people claim to be superior to the apostles.
Where do you come up with these absurd conclusions? No!... they were Superior because God chose them to start his church out of everybody he could have chosen.
Chosing Jesus doesn't make you or me superior to anyone.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Friend Of Jesus (John 15:15) Relation To Exclusive Choice By Jesus (John 15:16)

Lord Jesus immediately adjacently joins being chosen by God as friends of Friend Jesus (John 15:15-16).

"I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you" (John 15:15-16) says Lord Jesus.

A friend of Jesus does not choose Jesus, but Jesus does choose the friend of Jesus (John 15:15-16), and a friend of Jesus does what Jesus commands (John 15:14) by the appointment of Jesus (John 15:16) thus being a friend of Jesus by the Christ's choosing (John 15:14-16).

FREE-WILLIANS DISAVOW CHRIST'S WORDS OF "YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME" (JOHN 15:16) FOR THEMSELVES WHILE AT THE SAME TIME DECLARING THE WORDS AS EXCLUSIVELY APPLICABLE TO THE APOSTLES; THEREFORE, FREE-WILLIANS DENY BEING A FRIEND OF JESUS WHICH JESUS COVERS IN THE SAME SAYINGS OF JESUS.

A friend of Jesus marvels at the glorious exclusive work of God's salvation of man; on the other hand, an enemy of Jesus steals the exclusive glory of man's salvation from God by saying things like "I chose Jesus" or "I accepted Jesus" resulting in the following implications to free will philosophy:
  • the enemy of Jesus rejects Jesus* Who says Who He is, and Jesus declares Himself Sovereign, the exclusive Controller, in man's salvation.
  • the enemy of Jesus does not receive the sayings of Jesus* for the enemy disavows Jesus' sayings about God's exclusive choosing of man (John 15:16, John 15:19).
  • the enemy of Jesus thinks the enemy compels God to provide salvation (i.e. God must obey man's command for salvation, and also without a man's affirming decision there is no salvation for the man).
  • the enemy of Jesus gets the glory, yet God does not give His glory to another (Isaiah 42:8).

* "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (John 12:48)

In their hearts self-willed persons (2 Peter 2:9-10) effectively remove themselves from being friends of Jesus.

By the Power of God, for God's glory (Isaiah 42:8), the friend of Jesus bears good fruit/works because apart from Jesus a person can do nothing (John 15:5).

By the Power of God, by God's grace, for God's glory (Isaiah 42:8), the friend of Jesus is saved from the wrath of God for Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28), says "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19).

In your theology there are no self willed people. Only those God chooses and those he doesn't. If there's no free will no one has any self determination so you are just doing what you are programmed to do. In fact there's no good or evil in your theology because no one can make a choice. We just are what God causes us to be. Robots basically.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In your theology there are no self willed people. Only those God chooses and those he doesn't. If there's no free will no one has any self determination so you are just doing what you are programmed to do. In fact there's no good or evil in your theology because no one can make a choice. We just are what God causes us to be. Robots basically.
That is a decent question to answer.
Since Satan has blinded their minds to Christ, and the carnal mind has enmity with God, Define Enmity, it really means antagonism and hatred. Which if you notice, many people also have enmity with Calvinsim, Tulip, etc...they can not get past it, they are also hardened. When someone is hardened, it means they do not understand the ways of God. People are thinking with their carnal mind, they are not being spiritually minded about the many verses that tell us a man is not totally free to choose to do good, and to choose Christ is a good thing to do. It is not that they might be unwilling to do good, they find they dont have the power in them to do good. There is this law at work in their flesh, just like Romans 6 and Romans 7 says.
They might desire to do good, but they just can't. So they are bound then, only Christ can deliver us to be freed from this bondage of the will.
And once He frees us we then become the slaves of God = slaves of righteousness.
Look at Romans 6 and Romans 7 as it does talk about this subject.
Slaves of Sin, versus Slaves of Righteousness. A slave might dream, but a slave is not free to exercise his will is he...
This is to point out to you, that no one has freewill, as you are bound to the fate of the creation made by the Creator.
People make this huge deal about how free they are, but they lie and do not acknowledge the truth, that they are NOT free.

17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.

Christ delivered your heart, without Him making you a child of God first, you would still be a slave of Sin. God gives to people the new heart.
Then they are delivered from being slaves of sin to being the slaves of God.

22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 7,
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. 6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

AND

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really don't understand what you are quoting.
No, the molded one should not talk back to God. The fact that he can confirms free will.

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’” 2

Spiritual Truth of Romans 9:18-23 eludes you.

The fact that objector talks back to God proves that the objector is a carnal.

Here is more Christian teaching.

The Natural Is The First State Of Being For All Mere Mortals

Every man is accountable for his own sin for Paul wrote "since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

The Apostle Paul identifies every man starts out as a natural man with "the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual" (1 Corinthians 15:46).

The Apostle Paul explains that the commands of God are foolishness to man with a "natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised" (1 Corinthians 2:14)

The Apostle Paul declares that man's flesh opposes the Spirit of God with "the flesh desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. For these are opposed to one another" (Galatians 5:17).

THE FIRST STATE OF MAN IS OPPOSITION TO GOD, AND THE ONLY WAY (JOHN 14:6) FOR MAN'S SALVATION IS FOR GOD TO BIRTH MAN ANEW (JOHN 3:3-8), NOT A WORK OF A CHOICE BY MAN, BUT STRICTLY THE WORK OF GOD IN MAN (JOHN 6:29).

There is no such thing as free will.

He doesn't say (as you claim) that we cannot talk back to God.

You are such a deceiver.

I did not say that a person could not talk back to God.

Paul and I convey that a person cannot thwart God's will.

You preach a weak god who's will is incapable of controlling man.

Israel did in fact resist God's will.
"You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you." Acts 7:51

Acts 7:51 does not say that they resisted God's will.

"Which one of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? They killed those who had previously announced the coming of the Righteous One, whose betrayers and murderers you have now become" (Acts 7:52).

Behold, context that they resisted the Holy Spirit by being "betrayers and murderers".

This goes back to the carnal man as explained above in this post.

Resist and oppose convey the same thing.

"The flesh desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. For these are opposed to one another" (Paul, Galatians 5:17).

The context of Romans 9 deals with Israel.
Calvinists think Paul is more merciful than God.

(9:3) For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh,

From a Calvinistic perspective, Jesus (God) does not desire all of the Jews to be saved.
But Paul does.
What a tiny view of God!
The verse about not talking back to God is directed at a rebellious Jew, not the reader... unless the reader is angry at God for offering salvation to everyone, not just those he thinks are chosen. Kinda sounds like a Calvinist.

Christian teaching by Paul inspired by the Spirit is that Paul addresses Israel and Gentiles in Romans 9, even the passage we have been focusing.

Carefully read the passage, and see the last verse indicates that Gentiles are INCLUDED.

18 So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.

19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?”

20 On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it?

21 Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use?

22 What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?

23 And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory,

24 even us, whom He also called, not from among Jews only, but also from among Gentiles.

(Romans 9:18-24)

A person claiming free will is a vessel of wrath prepared for destruction.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Audience Identified For Lord Jesus Christ's Words About Choosing

Lord Jesus says to Peter, James, John, and Andrew "What I say to you I say to all" (Mark 13:37).

Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) to all His own disciples (John 10:27-29) in all time.

Related post 3: The Friend Of Jesus (John 15:15) Is Exclusively Chosen By Jesus (John 15:16)