The nations have gone mad...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
By the fifth century the Roman Empire had been divided into two sections.

Hi rjp34652,

I cited the sequence as provided in Daniel 2:45, -- iron, bronze, clay, silver, gold, -- 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE. You quoted my post, but never answered what is incorrect with this Verse. Is it the font, the color, the size? Certainly it cannot be the text, because it's SCRIPTURE.

Secondly, where you assert a division "into two sections" for what some historians assert is AFTER the fall of the Roman Empire, I would point out that the Legs did not create the "division. This came from the Belly and Thighs of Bronze.

And finally, it would be ill advised to present the Image of Metals as the sequence of world empires for the first FOUR, then change the rules to present the FIFTH as NOT a world empire, and rescind that rule such that the sixth (the Great Stone) is designated a world empire, (for indeed Christ shall rule the entire world).

But some Islamic (and other) doctrines supercede Scripture, history, and rational thinking. As such it would seem prudent to allow objectivity to interject.

BibleScribe

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
While you both fight it out over numbers please excuse me if I move on with the correct interpretation of Rev 13.
hathello.gif

"And the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and his great authority" Rev 13:2NET

We have seen the development of the religious "Empire" of the papacy clearly received full support of the dragon with its headquarters in Constantinople.

History reveals the armies of the Empire established there were used to enforce the influence and status of the form of government still retained in Rome which was rapidly becoming more papal in character.

"Power" is dunamin and signifies the ability to perform things, as distinct from the authority to do so (Rev 13:4,5,7,12,14,15). "Seat" is throne, and symbolises government or rule. Both the Emperor and the church of Rome received support from the Emperor in Constantinople. "Authority" is exousia and signifies "permission," "authority," or status. This word is rendered "power" in Rev 13:4,5,7,12. In Rev 13:14,15. "power" is didomi, "to give," so that the RV renders: it was given (him). As the Emperor in Rome declined in military power, he received support from his counterpart in Constantinople, so as to maintain his "power, seat and authority," as well as that of the church.

Insight

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
"And I saw one of his heads"— Rev 13:2NET

This is not a new vision. (Gk text excludes “I saw”.

There were seven heads, and they represented the different forms of government under which Rome had been ruled (Rev 17:10).

The Roman historians http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livy spoke of five different systems of government from the building of the city as follows:

http://en.wikisource..._History/Book_I

Since that time there was set up in B.C. 31 the Imperial system of rule and from 476 when the Goths invaded Italy, there was established the Gothic form of government.

In the meantime, the Ostrogoths broke away from Hunnic rule following the Battle of Nedao in 454. At the request of emperor Zeno, Theodoric the Great conquered all of Italy beginning in 488. The Goths were briefly reunited under one crown in the early sixth century under Theodoric the Great, who became regent of the Visigothic kingdom following the death of Alaric II at the Battle of Vouillé in 507. Procopius interpreted the name Visigoth as "western Goths" and the name Ostrogoth as "eastern Goth", reflecting the geographic distribution of the Gothic realms at that time.
Wiki

"As it were" John saw that one of the heads had the appearance of being mortally wounded, in light of history we know it actually recovered.