The Nature of Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Romans 8:2-4 LITV
2) For the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus set me free from the law of sin and of death.
3) For the Law being powerless, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and concerning sin, condemned sin in the flesh,
4) so that the righteous demand of the Law might be fulfilled in us, those not walking according to flesh, but according to Spirit.

You seem to be saying the union of God and Man in Jesus would be to join the Divine Nature to sinful flesh, however, Scripture teaches Jesus was "in the likeness of sinful flesh".
Much love!

I understand the nature of Christ perfectly from the above Scripture, however I am trying to find out how trinitarians reconcile Jesus being both divine and flesh in the one body. So far we are seeing a mixed (confused) view of this nature, which is interesting, as I thought trinitarian believers would be united on this subject.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand the nature of Christ perfectly from the above Scripture however I am trying to find out how trinitarians reconcile Jesus being both divine and flesh in the one body. So far we are seeing a mixed confused view of this nature which is interesting as I thought trinitarian believers would be united on this subject.
OK, no worries! But I agree there is some confusion to be seen.

Much love!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If one was to cut off Jesus' arm...in that arm would it have your standard type flesh and blood, or would you believe Jesus would lose a little of God's divine essence? As you can see I am still struggling to comprehend your understanding of incarnation.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP^

Everlasting Holy and Spirit,
without beginning, without ending.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one was to cut off Jesus' arm...in that arm would it have your standard type flesh and blood, or would you believe Jesus would lose a little of God's divine essence? As you can see I am still struggling to comprehend your understanding of incarnation.

Jesus was never a human.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
OP^

Everlasting Holy and Spirit,
without beginning, without ending.
Boy if only that were true it would put this subject to rest. If only Jesus wasn't born of a woman in the line of Adam and died, but that's not the case making your point redundant.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy if only that were true it would put this subject to rest. If only Jesus wasn't born of a woman in the line of Adam and died, but that's not the case making your point redundant.

Do you comprehend the notion of ALL POWERFUL?
Jesus was revealed to the world, via born of a woman.
How did that body of Jesus get IN Mary’s Womb?
Where was that body before it was IN Mary’s Womb?
Where was Gods Word before and after in was in Jesus Body?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You must have learn a different "trinitarianism" than I did.

Historical orthodox trinitarianism. I was raised Southern Baptist.

Jesus was certainly a human person, else He would not have a body to offer.

Much love!

It’s not possible that Jesus was a human person in trinitarian theology.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In short, you believe Jesus held an advantage over those he came to represent and save?

Of course. Being God has its perks! ;)

Jesus was tested and tried in the weakness of His flesh...but without sin. Through Christ we take on HIS advantage over sin. That advantage is called grace.

Reactions: faithfulness

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“For, Jesus is not a human person; he is a divine Person who has taken himself a human nature.”

(Fr. Kenneth Baker, quoted by Deacon Steven D. Greydanus, “Is Jesus a Human Person?”, National Catholic Register)

Is Jesus a Human Person?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course. Being God has its perks! ;)

Jesus was tested and tried in the weakness of His flesh...but without sin. Through Christ we take on HIS advantage over sin. That advantage is called grace.

So reading into what you are saying is he wasn't tested in the same way you are?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“For, Jesus is not a human person; he is a divine Person who has taken himself a human nature.”

(Fr. Kenneth Baker, quoted by Deacon Steven D. Greydanus, “Is Jesus a Human Person?”, National Catholic Register)

Is Jesus a Human Person?

In what way can corrupting flesh and eternal dwell harmoniously together?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So reading into what you are saying is he wasn't tested in the same way you are?

LOL. I have also read the Bible. :)

Jesus was tested as we are...but without sin.

my turn...

Do you believe that the devil had a foothold in Jesus the same way he has in us?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL. I have also read the Bible. :)

Jesus was tested as we are...but without sin.

my turn...

Do you believe that the devil had a foothold in Jesus the same way he has in us?

Not sure why you introduce the devil, a bit odd. Anyways, the location of sin is in the flesh - you said Jesus was God and he had an advantage but you haven't articulated that advantage...care to do so?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
In what way can corrupting flesh and eternal dwell harmoniously together?

Being filled with Holy Spirit.

The point, though, is that in trinitarian theology Jesus was not / is not a human person.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there any possibility whatsoever of a discussion here of the concept of Christ being both God and man without quoting the Bible?