The New Birth: Water and Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precisely!

Every person, no matter what denomination or persuasion that baptizes in the titles are an offshoot of Catholicism.

They will all be lined up to face the firing squad along with the RCC for refusing baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins.

Their only hope is to plead insanity or stupidity for believing the name of the son per Matt 28:19 is "son".

Is this because they "knew him" as "son"?....

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this because they "knew him" as "son"?....

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Yes!

These are the same folks that came to the wedding without a clean wedding garment on(no baptism in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins), then cast out into outer darkness, with wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was not talking about amniotic fluid, since everyone has already been born of the womb.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Yes He was!

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

He explains in verse 6- man is born of the flesh, but must be born of the Spirit!

Remember who Jesus is talking to! A teracher of Israel! His whole thinking is that simply being born a Jew was enough to insure a place in paradise! Jesus taught Him no . You had to be born naturally (water) and spiritually (Spirit). why do you think it is called being born AGAIN.

Reactions: Charlie24 and Jim B

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes He was!

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

He explains in verse 6- man is born of the flesh, but must be born of the Spirit!

Remember who Jesus is talking to! A teracher of Israel! His whole thinking is that simply being born a Jew was enough to insure a place in paradise! Jesus taught Him no . You had to be born naturally (water) and spiritually (Spirit). why do you think it is called being born AGAIN.
User, what he is trying to tell you is that Jesus taught a man must pass through his mother's birth canal and break her water sac to be saved.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes He was!

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved...

1 John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Reactions: Truther

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
User, what he is trying to tell you is that Jesus taught a man must pass through his mother's birth canal and break her water sac to be saved.

He turned the scriptures into this...

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water(natural womb birth) and(Then Receive) of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized(Born of natural womb birth) shall be saved...

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He turned the scriptures into this...

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water(natural womb birth) and(Then Receive) of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized(Born of natural womb birth) shall be saved...
Egad!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus explicitly commanded His disciples to receive the Holy Ghost.

“He breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost,” John 20:22.
Did they receive the Holy Ghost when He breathed on them? No. How do we know?
“The Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified,” John 7:39.

You should pay more attention to the NT., a lot more attention.

LOOK<= in verse 7, the Holy Spirit was not yet given. But 13 chapters later, in verse 22, Jesus had been Crucified and Glorified, and the Holy Spirit was given to the apostles. Later He came during Pentecost.

Reactions: Jim B

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should pay more attention to the NT., a lot more attention.

LOOK<= in verse 7, the Holy Spirit was not yet given. But 13 chapters later, in verse 22, Jesus had been Crucified and Glorified, and the Holy Spirit was given to the apostles. Later He came during Pentecost.
The glory that Jesus had from the beginning was his death on the cross.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That can't be true, as Jesus was not on the Cross in the Beginning.
He was in Heaven, as the WORD, and there is no CROSS in Heaven.
He requested to have is glory and the next day he was killed.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He requested to have is glory and the next day he was killed.

He accepted His Father's will.
Yeshua, is the Bread of Life, the Bread of Heaven come down to be eaten by : faith.
Jesus said, I AM from ABOVE, and you are from below.
That is Heaven and earth, that is God the WORD< talking about Himself come down from GLORY, as Glory is Heaven.

Let me explain all that....

Jesus said that His blood and body, are to be eaten... Yet we know that if you eat a human being, and drink their blood, .... This is utterly forbidden, by God.
Of course.
So, He's speaking symbolically, as you noted that Jesus said....."take, eat, this is my body".....yet He didnt take a knife and cut off a finger or an ear, and hand it to anyone to eat.
Notice that??
Christ didnt cut a vein and bleed His Holy Blood into the cup and pass it around.
Notice that??
So, this bread, is symbolic of God's LIFE, who is Christ the Eternal LIFE = who was about to be given as the Lamb of ETERNAL Sacrifice, the Literal Bread of Heaven come down to earth to die on the CROSS, for the sin of the world.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He accepted His Father's will.
Yeshua, is the Bread of Life, the Bread of Heaven come down to be eaten by : faith.
Jesus said, I AM from ABOVE, and you are from below.
That is Heaven and earth, that is God the WORD< talking about Himself come down from GLORY, as Glory is Heaven.

Let me explain all that....

Jesus said that His blood and body, are to be eaten... Yet we know that if you eat a human being, and drink their blood, .... This is utterly forbidden, by God.
Of course.
So, He's speaking symbolically, as you noted that Jesus said....."take, eat, this is my body".....yet He didnt take a knife and cut off a finger or an ear, and hand it to anyone to eat.
Notice that??
Christ didnt cut a vein and bleed His Holy Blood into the cup and pass it around.
Notice that??
So, this bread, is symbolic of God's LIFE, who is Christ the Eternal LIFE = who was about to be given as the Lamb of ETERNAL Sacrifice, the Literal Bread of Heaven come down to earth to die on the CROSS, for the sin of the world.
The entire Bible is about the lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

This is the glory that Jesus had with God from the beginning.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The entire Bible is about the lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

If you are saying that the entire bible is about Righteousness, and it eventually leads to the offer of Christ's righteousness as : John 3:16, and 2 Corinthians 5:19. then that is true.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved...

1 John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1 John 5:8 appears in no manuscriptus unjtil the 15 the century.

Yes believers need to be bapptized, not to be saved, but to be obedient.

But JOhn 3 , Jesus is talking natural and spiritual birth. Beinb born of water was a euphemism of most cultures for natural birth- Hence we get the phrae "my water broke".

Jesus even explaihed it in the next verse! born of the flesh (water) is flesh. Born of the spirit is spirit. One had to be born AGAIN-the second time of the spirit!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are saying that the entire bible is about Righteousness, and it eventually leads to the offer of Christ's righteousness as : John 3:16, and 2 Corinthians 5:19. then that is true.
No, I am saying the entire Bible is about the lamb slain.

Stop imagining more than that from such a simple statement.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This makes absolutely no sense!
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 13:7-8, "The beast was permitted to go to war against the saints and conquer them. He was given ruling authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation, and all those who live on the earth will worship the beast, everyone whose name has not been written since the foundation of the world in the book of life belonging to the Lamb who was killed." NET and most other translations.

For example... verse 8 in

NASB "All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain."

NRSVue, "and all the inhabitants of the earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb that was slaughtered."

Establishing doctrine on a few words from the KJV is the epitome of eisegesis.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 13:7-8, "The beast was permitted to go to war against the saints and conquer them. He was given ruling authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation, and all those who live on the earth will worship the beast, everyone whose name has not been written since the foundation of the world in the book of life belonging to the Lamb who was killed." NET and most other translations.

For example... verse 8 in

NASB "All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain."

NRSVue, "and all the inhabitants of the earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb that was slaughtered."

Establishing doctrine on a few words from the KJV is the epitome of eisegesis.
LOL(runs to modern versions).