The NT insists you must obey Jesus to gain eternal life!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Webers_Home said:
In other words: neither you (Willie boy) nor Jesus believe in the inspiration of scripture?
Dat's okay, I have enough for all 3 of us!

(You have NO idea what "the gift of faith" (1 Cor 12) is, or who has it.)

I have many many dozens of Scripture verses which warn BACs
that they can indeed fall away from the faith and lose eternal life.

Ergo ... we duz have The Scriptural Truth of ...
God's grace + man's obedient co-operation = eternal life (hopefully later, after death).

Gee, maybe dat's why Paul was always talking about the "hope" of salvation,
if he could manage to work out his salvation with fear and trembling.

Too bad you bad boys ain't doin' da same!

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Webers_Home said:
In other words: neither you nor Jesus believe in the inspiration of scripture?
You and he just do whatever you want in spite of what the Bible might be
saying? Well; I'm not like that; and I regard the scriptures below as the
mind of God.

†. Gal 1:8 . . But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other
gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As
we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other
gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

†. 2Pet 2:1 . .There were also false prophets among the people, even as
there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive
heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves
swift destruction.

†. 2Pet 3:15-16 . . Our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given
to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of
these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught
and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest
of the Scriptures.

There are people on the internet for whom hell is now a lock. They've breached
the last straw with God and gone past the point of no return. They've sunk to
the level of wild dogs and feral swine to whom Jesus forbids casting your pearls
lest they trample them and turn on you. Well; the more you pity people like
evangelist-7 the more they will mock you; and in case you haven't noticed:
that's exactly what he's been doing. Wake up and smell the coffee, and stop
sinning against the inspiration of scripture.

Buen Camino
/
Unless you have had a word of knowledge from the Holy Spirit concerning E-7, I will stick to my sentiment. We do not wrestle against flesh and blood. God knows who is reachable and who is not. God knows who is deceived and who is willfully self righteous. It is not up to me to decide that a person is a write off. My knowledge that there are false teachers does not excuse me from the call to love all men and from the the ministry to all humankind, which is to give them the good news. I treat them the way I do because of the way I am, not the way they are. As for you, I would be thinking twice before suggesting I am sinning against scripture. Scripture also says to love our enemies. It also says to bear the fruit of the Spirit, which includes patience, kindness, gentleness, towards others. What we know about people is one thing. How we treat them is another. God knows all about us, and still loves us. We are not to fight evil with evil, my friend. BTW, Jesus did not forbid casting pearls before swine. He merely advised against it. While you may not agree, think about this; He never instructed us to cast stones at the swine, did He!. So, bud. Maybe you should remove the plank first. ;)

evangelist-7 said:
Dat's okay, I have enough for all 3 of us!

(You have NO idea what "the gift of faith" (1 Cor 12) is, or who has it.)

I have many many dozens of Scripture verses which warn BACs
that they can indeed fall away from the faith and lose eternal life.

Ergo ... we duz have The Scriptural Truth of ...
God's grace + man's obedient co-operation = eternal life (hopefully later, after death).

Gee, maybe dat's why Paul was always talking about the "hope" of salvation,
if he could manage to work out his salvation with fear and trembling.

Too bad you bad boys ain't doin' da same!
You are not the only one sharing scripture. I have seen all those that you shared and replied to them. You, on the other hand, have not done that. For example, Man's obedient co-operation is that he takes the free gift of life without earning it. You have ignored the letter to the Galatians. But this is because you are not engaged in learning anything here. You think you are right and know better than everyone else. You are arrogant in both your speech to us and your attitude towards us. How obedient is that to the fruit of the Spirit? You consider yourself obedient? I am sorry that you have not taken me seriously. My brother's words to me above, are beginning to look more and more like good advice. But for now I cannot ignore your posts because of the innocent and the weak who might come along and be taken in by them. I am sticking to my guns with you for their sake now.

By the way, the word "hope" in scripture is taken from a Greek word that has no resemblance to the way we use "hope" in modern day language. In that day, the word was more accurately understood as "anticipation". If hope in the bible means an uncertain wish as we use it now,, then there is no assurance. How then can faith be the assurance of things 'hoped' for? No. Faith is rather the assurance of an 'anticipated future event'. That is what the passage means. You need to humble yourself and learn, my friend.