The number of the beast

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
I did, he says he's never heard of you
Just because you don't understand English that doesn't mean that I'm Blaspheming Christ. It's not my fault that you don't know the scriptures; but if you're one of those beep, beep christian hypocrites that's counting on floating up into the sky to escape the great tribulation, if you were going, you would be gone already. There are only two of you in this conversation and based on what you've stated, you're both either mentally challenged or you've smoked too much peyote.

If you know Christ so well, tell me why he called the Jewish religious leaders of his day a brood of vipers and a den of thieves. Jesus was a Jew, they were Jews and the Jews lived by the Law of God so what was the problem between them that caused them to underhandedly condemn Jesus and release a murderer (Barabbas)?

Christianity is founded on Jewish principles albeit grossly polluted Jewish principles and was established by Rome as their own religion. Before the death of Christ Rome held to pagan beliefs and even when the Jews brought Jesus before Herod, Herod told them, "I find no fault in this man" Yet the Romans still crucified him based on the selection of Jewish religious leaders, why?

And how dare you accuse me of disparaging the word of God when you don't even know the word of God?
Well...
full

does your brand of spirituality have a name, or is it just NOT Christianity...?

Granted, my faith is a form of Judeo christianity but not the lifeless christianity of organized christian religions. I don't worship God On Sunday although I'm in fellowship with him daily, I don't practice christmas, I don't do Easter, I don't stuff my guts to the point of puking on thanksgiving and I certainly don't hand out candy on Hallowe'en. There is rarely a christmas day that I'm not at work, if I happen to eat turkey on Easter it's just a coincidence. Actually there is very little about the christian religion that I endorse; but I do abide by the laws of God. You accuse me of disparaging God's word and having contempt for christianity but if I hated you, would I be wasting my time writing to you? You think I'm bitter and attacking you when I'm righteously attacking the christian religion; but God said, "love the sinner, hate the sin" If I hated you, why would I engage you? The bible instructs us to love God with all our heart and strength and love our neighbours as ourselves. Your religion is dead, your faith is dead, your spirit is dead and your hope in in some fantastic fantasy created by man to justify himself. If christianity was the truth then any bible believing christian would be able to heal the sick, give sight to the blind or even possible raise the dead. I mean if Christ could do it, why not a believer in Christ if it was Christ that said that they would be able? So what then, is it Christ who lied or is it possible that christianity is the lie? I have to say I grow weary of you, I need a break. Throw all the stones that you can find while I make some lunch and I'll address your barage of accusations later.

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
christianforums.com would love you. I'm trying to but its hard.
Why would christian forums love me? I attack the religion of christianity and yet you say it's hard to love me because I don't fall to my knees and worship a pagan god. It's very easy to love you because you are my brother in Christ regardless if you live in truth or in error. Its my wish that you would grow in Christ and become a spiritual warrior casting down all false doctrine and false precept that exalts itself against the word of God.

Seriously preying mantis, I'm hungry and I need a break. Thank-you for the conversation

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess that's your way of saying, "I concede defeat."
No...
He's saying that any further discussion with you is fruitless...

I think that there's a proverb covering this situation.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Throw all the stones that you can find while I make some lunch and I'll address your barage of accusations later.
I might have, if I thought that it would do any good, but it doesn't sound like I am qualified to do so (even if I and others agree about Christmas, Halloween & Easter). I'm not sure if that qualifies as a barrage of accusational stones or not. (Isn't it more of an accusation to presume that you are the only one who knows about pagan holidays...?)

Good luck with your one-man church.

Whetstone

Feb 10, 2021
Out There Somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some facts about 6 6 6

Many years ago I learned about Gematria and the work of Vernon Jenkins. Doubtless many here will know of him.

Here's a flavour.

Consider a cube. The size of say a regular die.

A single cube has dimensions of 1 x 1 x 1 (sides) and has 6 outside faces

Now consider making successively bigger cubes using many of those smaller single cubes.

The next sized cube structure you could make is a 2 x 2 x 2 (2 cubes wide, 2 cubes long, 2 cubes high)

That would require that you use 8 small cubes, 4 on the bottom and 4 on top

That cube structure would be 2 x 2 x 2 sides and would have 24 outside faces (6 x 4)

Now we can clearly keep going making ever larger cube structures. Let's see how that goes. Here's the list:

Cube Total Cube
Sides Cubes Faces

1x1x1 - 1 ---- 6
2x2x2 - 8 --- 24
3x3x3 - 27 --- 54
4x4x4 - 64 --- 96
5x5x5 - 125 -- 150
6x6x6 - 216 -- 216

And here we find something unique and fascinating.

A cube structure 6 x 6 x 6 is THE ONLY cube structure that exists where the number of individual cubes in the structure (216) is equal to the number of outside cube faces (also 216)

The 6x6x6 cube is thus unique and special. No other cube structure will ever have that property.

The work of Vernon Jenkins reveals all manner of mathematical wonders that come from the Bible