The number of the beast

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

granpa

Sep 23, 2009
West coast
tok.fandom.com
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
I cannot post this where it belongs because I do not identify as Theist (nor do I identify as Atheist)

The number of the beast is 666 or 616. It is the sum of the numbers of the letters of the name "Cain and Nathan" which means "get and give" and refers to buying and selling. It is the name from which we get "Jonathan" as in "Jonah" was swallowed by a "Than".

Hebrew alphabet - Wikipedia

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've often wondered about what that number means.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've often wondered about what that number means.
Well...

If you are relying upon the OP's interpretation you still don't know.
Trust me when I say that devout Christians will not get the mark...I mean just that.

What are you willing to do to become rich?
Something taudry? Something that will harm others? Something that will be in conflict with your Faith?
Like Carl Lenz (formally of Hillsong NY) is currently doing?

Then don't worry about it. The buy or sell is about large amounts of money...not enough for an average middle class day to day life to qualify.

Reactions: dev553344

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The name 'Cain' means 'to buy and sell', thus it is a perfect candidate for the Name of the Beast.

The Mark of the Beast is the same, or very similar to, the Mark of Cain.

We are talking about a temporary, earthly form of immortality...

Revelation 9:6
"And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

Cain's punishment was to experience what it was like to be murdered over and over. That is why he said...

Genesis 4:13
"And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear."

The punishment for murder is death. Cain was to receive it over and over...

Genesis 4:15
"And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him."

Every time someone killed Cain, vengeance would be taken on them when Cain came back to life. The Mark was to prevent permanent death.

Read Genesis 4:15 and resolve the contradiction.

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't think the name is Cain wa/et Nathan as it says "the name of (a) man". Unless it was a name like Cainnathan Nathancain which I've never heard/seen. Nathan means "given/gift/gave" and appears in Jonathan & Nathanael. I've never seen Cain (Enki in Sumerian) adding up to 666/616. I made a list of many 666 theories here www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2167&PID=719186 .
Adam + S is 666 in Hebrew. WWW is 666 in Hebrew. TRS/STR/RTS is 666 in Hebrew (compare Artus (King Arthur), Tiras, Atlas?) Many things are 99.9 percent or 9.99 dollars which seems to imply man without God can only acheive 99 percent not perfect 100 percent. Jesus is 888 in Greek. 6 is man, 8 is "new".

Certainly though the world is in line with/of Cain.

Cain "gain/get" - Abel "empty"
Cain's sacrifice - Abel's sacrifice
law - grace
works - faith
flesh/carnal - spirit
letter of law - spirit of law
old - new
6th day man - 8th day man
666 - 888

granpa

Sep 23, 2009
West coast
tok.fandom.com
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
The name is Cainunathan from which we get jonathan. It means "get and give". I believe that there were other similar names too. Eve is probably short for "life and death".

It adds to 666 if spelled with 2 n's
It adds to 616 if spelled with 1 n

Q: 100
Y: 10
N: 50
U: 6
T: 400

Glen55

Sep 4, 2015
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I cannot post this where it belongs because I do not identify as Theist (nor do I identify as Atheist)

The number of the beast is 666 or 616. It is the sum of the numbers of the letters of the name "Cain and Nathan" which means "get and give" and refers to buying and selling. It is the name from which we get "Jonathan" as in "Jonah" was swallowed by a "Than".

I AM is who you are, everyone is asleep or awake. This is created by man.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The number of the beast is 666 or...
Before you try to identify "the Beast," it would really be worth your while to figure out how you will survive his reign, in the long-term.* (Otherwise, you will just be watching a train-wreck without being able to do anything about it...)

*Know God

Reactions: marks

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

what causes a pause in the above for me is not the number but “Here is wisdom.” consider “here is wisdom” with “and here is the mind which has wisdom. Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

here is the mind which has wisdom...what mind has wisdom if not for “the mind of Christ” even in “be you transformed by the renewing of the mind.”

Consider that again “and here is the mind which has wisdom.” Can’t point enough at the mind of Christ as the mind which has wisdom. 2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

“and here is the mind which has wisdom.”
Philippians 2:3-5 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. [4] Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. [5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

1 Corinthians 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

James 3:17-18 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. [18] And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

the mind of Christ: and here is the mind which has wisdom. Philippians 2:5-11 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: (Ephesians 4:23)[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: [7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: [8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. [9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
Without reading through everybody, I offer my perspective. If you check your bible, it does not say the number of the beast. What the bible says is that the number of his name will be 6 6 6. That means that he will have 6 letters in his first name, 6 in the middle and 6 in his last. In my opinion we are not talking about a single man being the beast but the antichrist. I believe that the antichrist will have 6 6 6 consecutive letters in his name. Is that definitive, no; but he will perform signs and wonders and portray himself to be the messiah. The beast on the other hand is the computer in conjunction wi9th the internet and the mark of the beast (when it comes) will be the microchip that they insert into everybody thereby doing away with ID cards, cheques documents and even currency (you won't be able to buy or sell anything unless you receive the mark of the beast). We're already half way there, everybody has a computer chip in their ID.

Somewhere on this forum I read a question, Is the catholic church, the only true church of Christ? I swear, I almost fell out of my chair. The very idea that Christ would embrace one church over another is preposterous and least of all the catholic church. Hello, would you permit your 12 year old boy or girl to be baby sat by a catholic priest? With all the sexual perversions in their history not to mention the past wars, how could anybody even think that Jesus Christ would endorse a church like that. Read Revelation 17 and think back into the days when King Arthur went to war with Rome To break free of Roman rule. The Vatican is Rome and Italy is a catholic country.

Now lets discuss the second coming of Christ and the judgement of God on this planet. That will not happen unless the man of sin (aka the antichrist) reveals himself to this world and sets himself up as the false messiah. In other words if the antichrist doesn't show up and show himself to the world that he is God (2 thess, 2:?) then judgement won't come to the world so Christ has no reason to return. Jesus said, that many people would come to the great feast of the saints with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; and then the subjects of the Kingdom would be cast into outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. This is referring to all the pious religious fanatics that have a semblance of godliness but the truth is not in them.

From Genesis to Revaluation, I can tear christianity from it's very foundation and expose them as the wolves in sheep's clothing that Christ said they were. Look around at what's happening to this world and then ask yourself, what did Solomon mean when he said, "there's a way that seems right unto man but the end thereof leads only to destruction.

Christ was right there among them and they murdered him; but not before he said, "I have not come but for the lost sheep of the house of Israel"

Who here can tell me who he was referring to and where are those people now?

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
Another thing, did any of you know that Adolph Hitler was a catholic, most of his right hand men were catholic and he was just as white as any Jew; but he still tried to commit genocide of them because Jews crucified Jesus Christ

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That means that he will have 6 letters in his first name, 6 in the middle and 6 in his last.
That is incorrect on three fronts:
  1. The passage says that it is quantitatively 666 (that is, 600 + 60 + 6), not just three sixes strung together.
  2. His (full) name and the number of his name are two distinct versions of the MoB.
    • That means that the former won't have any numerically relevant qualities,
    • and the latter will be a derivative of his name (like his initials, perhaps).
  3. Only "s/he who has wisdom (from the Holy Spirit)" will recognize its numeracy. Unbelievers will completely miss it.
See Flash Points: Observations About The Mark Of The Beast...

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
That is incorrect on three fronts:
  1. The passage says that it is quantitatively 666 (that is, 600 + 60 + 6), not just three sixes strung together.
  2. His (full) name and the number of his name are two distinct versions of the MoB.
    • That means that the former won't have any numerically relevant qualities,
    • and the latter will be a derivative of his name (like his initials, perhaps).
  3. Only "s/he who has wisdom (from the Holy Spirit)" will recognize its numeracy. Unbelievers will completely miss it.
See Flash Points: Observations About The Mark Of The Beast...
Well, I guess we disagree and the only way that I'm going to accept being wrong is if you can show me the bible verse that exonerates me from being the antichrist. In my life time I've prophesized the physical death of several people, I've called fire down from Heaven and on January 26th 2001, I committed the prophesized abomination that causes desolation spoken of in the book of Daniel and since that day, I( haven't seen or heard of God doing anything for anybody. Maybe I'm incorrect but I doubt it and since if you choose to walk through your bible with me, I will prove (by the word of God) that christianity is a lie and Jesus isn't coming.

Or you can continue in your own way and when he doesn't come back for you, I won't say I told you so.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...the only way that I'm going to accept being wrong is if you can show me the bible verse that exonerates me from being the antichrist.
I'm fairly certain that you are not the Antichrist, without seeking out a verse to confirm it...
full

In my life time I've prophesized the...
It sounds like you have issues, to be sure, but none of them change the context in Revelation 13 (that we CAN understand).

Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
Would you believe that I was the antichrist, if you saw me walk on water?
The whole issue is that I refuse to blaspheme the Holy Spirit; and I don't subscribe to a heartless God that would condemn his whole creation over a piece of fruit. What you have to consider is that the bible has been written and rewritten so many times by so many different people and you can't authenticate their source to begin with. My issue with christianity is that if they're worshipping and believing in the living God of Israel, Why can't I see evidence that he exists. Jesus, your useless god can't even keep his own house in order. People hold worship services and the building collapses. I don't know, maybe that was the church where the youth pastor was charged with sexually assaulting children. I've been involved with church people all of my life and there isn't a single one of them that isn't repugnant. I went to a church where there was members of the Hells Angels in the congregation. And I thought about it, where better for a criminal to hide than in a church? And it turned out that I was right. The pastor of the church confirmed for me that he was associated with Hells Angels. The christian god is a useless god, he's a figment of human imagination; and the bible substantiates that. GOD WILL SEND THEM (christians) STRONG DELUSION THAT THEY WILL BELIEVE THE LIE, THAT THEY ALL MAY BE CONDEMNED

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
Well...

If you are relying upon the OP's interpretation you still don't know.
Trust me when I say that devout Christians will not get the mark...I mean just that.

What are you willing to do to become rich?
Something taudry? Something that will harm others? Something that will be in conflict with your Faith?
Like Carl Lenz (formally of Hillsong NY) is currently doing?

Then don't worry about it. The buy or sell is about large amounts of money...not enough for an average middle class day to day life to qualify.

YES, don't worry about it. Lucifer is not an idiot. You already have the mark in your bank card, it's just a matter of time before the criminals defeat the christian system of commerce and the government abolishes currency in exchange for a computer credit/debit system. You go to work, the company makes a direct deposit into your account. You go to the grocery store, the cashier scans the chip in your hand, the money is transferred from your account into their account and nobody gets a dime. When was the last time that you paid cash at the grocery store? In the book of Daniel we hear of Nebucudnezzar's beast with 7 heads and 10 horns, where is that beast if not the United Nations Assembly?

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
Nor do I. Even though they [& we] died just as He said they would, He initiated a rescue mission from that very moment [Genesis 3:15]...!
full

Are you willing to be Rescued?
I have no need to be rescued, there's no condemnation for me. I abide in Christ and his blood shelters me from all harm. You can't say that because you're not in Christ and Christ is not in you. You abide in the world and in the false religion of christianity.

Besides, there's a dead man in my community this morning and I knew yesterday afternoon that it would be so.

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
Furthermore, if you say that you don't subscribe to a god that would condemn his entire creation over eating an apple, explain to me why God banished Adam and Eve from the garden of Eden? God knw from the very beginning that mankind would abandon him and his decrees. It was the last thing that Lucifer said to him before being banished from his presence; and so he had to bridge the gap between himself and his creation. Enter Jesus. Jesus was the word of God incarnated into flesh to atone for the creation of a specific race of homosapien; but because of the rebellious nature and prideful arrogance of that race, God made the restitution of mankind available to all races through the blood of Christ. Christ's crucifixtion was more of an act of obedience to God than salvation to mankind. It was the word of the Holy spirit that created this one specific race (let us create man in our own image) and that was a mistake (God regretted creating them); so an atonement had to be made by the shedding of blood. The bridge is therefore available to all through Christ's sacrifice but only to those that abide in him rather than in the world. Jersus said, "unless a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God" and there's a lot more to that than saying a simple prayer to the ceiling of a building (your church) and calling yourself born again.