The number of the beast

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
Again God said, "Be not conformed to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Given that the soul consists of your will, thoughts and emotions, this verse of scripture should read "be transformed by the regeneration of your soul"

The pattern of this world is founded on christian principles; therefore God cannot condone christianity in one breath and condemn the entire pattern of the world with another. From where do you think commerce originates if not Babylon? In Revelation 17 we read of the destruction of the great harlot Babylon; and if you read your bible (OT) you will discover that Israel brought a lot of Babylonian practices back to Israel after their release by Nebudcudnezzar. At that time, the 10 lost tribes of Israel were already long gone and so the people of Israel that were enslaved by Babylon consisted of the tribe of Judah, Benjamin and some of Levi. The rest were captured by Syria some 200+ years before and they never, ever returned to Israel; so what happened to them?

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no need to be rescued, there's no condemnation for me. I abide in Christ and his blood shelters me from all harm. You can't say that because you're not in Christ and Christ is not in you. You abide in the world and in the false religion of christianity.
So, what do you call "abiding in Christ," if not Christianity...?

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
As I stated, christianity is a false religion and the only thing that they can look forward to hearing from Christ upon standing in his presence is, "depart from me, I never knew you" This substantiates that they do not abide in Christ. If you actually read your bible instead of relying on the interpretation of scripture by some buffoon at the pulpit, you will learn that christianity is a polluted pagan religion based on Babylonian sun worship. Do you think it's just a coincidence that your weekly sabbath is on a Sunday, which just so happens to fall on the first day of the week rather than the God decreed 7th day of the week? Doesn't it strike you as even a little bit curious that the birth of Christ lands 3 days after the winter solstice of the sun? The bible states that Christ laid in his tomb for 3 days before being resurrected; so if he was crucified on Friday (according to christianity) and gave up his spirit that afternoon (approx, 3 o'clock) and then rose again before dawn on Sunday, how does that put him in the tomb for 72 hours? It doesn't. When Christ was crucified there was no such thing as christianity so Judahism was their religion; but Judaism believes in the passover which is a week long; so Judaism doesn't embrace Christ's crucifixion's. I don't believe that Christ died on a cross; but rather a straight pole with his arms stretched at length over his head. I believe that the cross is a pagan symbol that represents the rays of the sun and originates from Babylon. The christmas tree also comes from Babylon where they decorated the trees as part of the winter/summer solstice celebration of the sun. I believe that Easter originates from the Babylonian celebration of the Spring equinox of the sun and is more about fertility and new birth than it is about the crucifixion of Christ. Why do you think that you can pray to God without ceasing and never receive an answer to your prayers? Because you make void the gospel of Christ by your traditions.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, what do you call "abiding in Christ," if not Christianity...?
As I stated, christianity is a false religion and...
So, is all of that a round-about way to identify Judaism as your preferred basis for spirituality...?
(I am mildly autistic. You will have to draw me a picture.)

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
Actually no, I know very little about Judaism. I don't subscribe to whether it's permitted to have pork sausage in my egg breakfast, I have no idea about Judeo Sabbath days, I don't know anything. I am a lost sheep of Israel and that's who Christ was here for so I'm embraced though my shortcomings by his blood. Jesus' crucifixion is not a license to sin and then pray for forgiveness and whether you believe in Christ or not you will be accountable (He who lives by the law will be judged by the law; and he who lives outside of the law will be judged outside of the law) based on christian principles. Somebody here stated that it's okay to lie to a person in order to spare their feeling (ie; Do I look fat) Now, if that person was to ask Jesus "Do I look fat?" What do you think Jesus would say? Would he lie to the 250 pound walking stroke victim to spare her feelings, or would he respond, "your size is reflective of your spirit, if you lived by my statutes and decrees you would weigh in around 110-120 and you would be able to run like a gazelle. The antelope can run for miles and miles, and you can't run a block. All you have to do is look into a mirror, you don't need me to tell you that you are dead."

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually no, I know very little about Judaism.
Well...
full

does your brand of spirituality have a name, or is it just NOT Christianity...?

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
Just to substantiate, sin is sin and it's not categorized by severity. The liar and the thief have no place in the Kingdom of God; so whether you're lying to spare a person's feelings or you're conning some poor old lady out of their pension cheque, you're still a liar; but one of the two is a thief too. I was riding a bus once and if you've ever been on a bus then you're aware of the poles to hold onto limiting the space in seats to some extent. The bus was pretty well empty 8 or 10 passengers and I was wrongfully sitting in a chair reserved for the elderly and disabled. A girl gets on and if she didn't weigh 300+ she didn't weigh an ounze. Anyways, she sits beside me which was pretty cramped so I moved to another seat. Next thing I see, is tears rolling down her cheeks; and I knew why, I said, "it's okay honey, I was just giving you more room" to which she smiled and replied, " Ya, I'm very sensitive." I didn't lie to her, I didn't justify her obesity, I didn't mean to hurt her feelings and my kindness rectified that I had; so in that instance, I was righteous and bare no consequence. A lot of people would either ignore her, laugh at her sensitivity or react maliciously calling her fat and ugly; and those kinds of people will judged harshly.

When I was around 14-15 yrs old I was talking with God about how hard it was to live in obedience to him and given my free will, I said, "This is to hard. I just want to run in the world and have fun (prodigal son); but I promise that I will come back to you when the end comes." Well, I did (another story) and it's here; but I didn't know then what I know now so I'm sort of half looking for a student to teach because two in agreement, (with God) can accomplish more than one.

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
I guess you would call it my own denomination of Christianity based on scripture rather than theologian interpretation. The bible tells me, "you don't need that anyone should teach you, the holy spirit will reveal all truth. And since I've never met a spirit filled christian in my life, I'm inclined to listen more to what the scriptures tell me in conjunction with holy spirit discernment then what some idiot says at the pulpit that doesn't know what in Hell he's talking about. I have never been to a christian service that discusses the word of God. They talk about current events and whatever babble they care to go on about that week in the hopes of inspiring you to put your money into their collection plate; but it's all just a scam to wreak profit. They can't tell you the truth because they don't know the truth.

My people die for a lack of knowledge.

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
Satan get behind me is all I can say to that statement.

Okay; but why would you say that? Everything I said is substantiated by the word of God. It's interesting that you will defend your blind faith without a single scripture to defend your belief; but because I have a different interpretation, you automatically condemn me as a demon. I can probably out quote you on scripture without an open bible in front of me, I state that I'm a believer in Christ and I abide in him but because I don't agree with you, I'm of my father the Devil? That's what Jesus called the religious people of his day; and that's what I call the religious people of this day; but just like a christian, you jump at the chance to judge and condemn me without knowing anything about me or why I believe what I believe, Why do you believe what you believe is true, because some theologian told you it was true? Throughout this whole discussion I've asked you several questions, I've asked for explanation, I've written paragraphs challenging your false beliefs; and all you can do is retort with single sentence judgements and condemnations. What kind of christian does that make you?

Surely I say to you, you will never see the glory of the Lord. By the measure that you use, God's judgement will be measured to you

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay; but why would you say that? Everything I said is substantiated by the word of God. It's interesting that you will defend your blind faith without a single scripture to defend your belief; but because I have a different interpretation, you automatically condemn me as a demon. I can probably out quote you on scripture without an open bible in front of me, I state that I'm a believer in Christ and I abide in him but because I don't agree with you, I'm of my father the Devil? That's what Jesus called the religious people of his day; and that's what I call the religious people of this day; but just like a christian, you jump at the chance to judge and condemn me without knowing anything about me or why I believe what I believe, Why do you believe what you believe is true, because some theologian told you it was true? Throughout this whole discussion I've asked you several questions, I've asked for explanation, I've written paragraphs challenging your false beliefs; and all you can do is retort with single sentence judgements and condemnations. What kind of christian does that make you?

Surely I say to you, you will never see the glory of the Lord. By the measure that you use, God's judgement will be measured to you

Man my faith is anything but blind. I know our LORD. Do you? You are saying Christianity is a lie.
Well...

If you are relying upon the OP's interpretation you still don't know.
Trust me when I say that devout Christians will not get the mark...I mean just that.

What are you willing to do to become rich?
Something taudry? Something that will harm others? Something that will be in conflict with your Faith?
Like Carl Lenz (formally of Hillsong NY) is currently doing?

Then don't worry about it. The buy or sell is about large amounts of money...not enough for an average middle class day to day life to qualify.
What is Carl Lenz doing?

Last edited:

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ Peter Simpson

I think you mistook me for another member. But I stand by my statement. You may know the Bible in and out but what good is it doing you? Without love the knowledge is pointless.

We all know the church is infested with tares. Satan has fully taken over the Catholic Church as far as I can tell and time is getting short. How can you not fear the Lord knowing the Bible that well. It blows my mind that people look at the tares and think that’s Christianity.

Reactions: amadeus

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
And now, you'll probably pray to your ceiling for forgiveness from your useless god, for passing judgement on another believer; but it won't help or change anything. God doesn't even know your name, he's never heard an utterance from you in your entire life and you have just as much chance of being saved as I have of being president.

Does that mean your salvation is impossible? No more so than me being president; but it would take a phenomenal amount of work on your part; and it just isn't in you

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now, you'll probably pray to your ceiling for forgiveness from your useless god, for passing judgement on another believer; but it won't help or change anything. God doesn't even know your name, he's never heard an utterance from you in your entire life and you have just as much chance of being saved as I have of being president.

Does that mean your salvation is impossible? No more so than me being president; but it would take a phenomenal amount of work on your part; and it just isn't in you

I don’t get it. You’re a believer? A believer in what?

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
Jesus said, "if you abide in me and I abide in you, these things that you see me do, you will do and even greater things than these."

So what have you ever done that can even remotely be equated with Holy Sprit miraculous power?

Nothing, that's what. You're a banging gong and a clanging cymbal. You are as spirit filled as the paer weight on my desk.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, "if you abide in me and I abide in you, these things that you see me do, you will do and even greater things than these."

So what have you ever done that can even remotely be equated with Holy Sprit miraculous power?

Nothing, that's what. You're a banging gong and a clanging cymbal. You are as spirit filled as the paer weight on my desk.
Wow, ok then. Bitter. I’m not sure what happened to you to have you resent Christians so much. But you know what? Christ isn’t mean. You should try to be like him instead of disparaging his word. I don’t even know what to say to you. I guess I’m offended at the blasphemy, calling him a liar.

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
What is it with you, can you read, do you understand English? I just checked and we're still in the number of the beast topic of conversation so whatever you miss from me is your shortcoming not mine. You don't believe in Christ, you believe in the idea of Christ. The bible says that for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whoever believed in him will not perish but have everlasting life; but in keeping with my profile title "Why do you call me Lord?" You'll call Jesus your Lord and saviour and then disobey every commandment given of God. Hence why do you call me Lord and do not these things that I command? God gave us 10 commandments and if we break even a single stroke of the pen then we're guilty of breaking all of it; but you break every single commandment and decree given by God; and you have the audacity to call yourself a christian? Of course you do, one christian is the same as the next. Adolph Hitler was a christian. Christian history is filled with wicked people, pedophiles, murderers, liars, thieves, fornicators, back stabbers, con artists and every kind of wickedness the human soul can conceive of.

You don't have to justify yourself to me, I'm not the judge of your soul. I'm just stating the documented word of God and Christ. And whether you believe it or not is between you and God.

Given that you never hear from God and he never hears or answers you either, how can you claim to know Christ?

I have conversations with the Holy Spirit all the time and that essentially equates to having conversation with both God and Christ. Sometimes it's one sided, just me seeking his will; but I always get an answer that can be measured tangibly, not just a figment of my imagination.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it with you, can you read, do you understand English? I just checked and we're still in the number of the beast topic of conversation so whatever you miss from me is your shortcoming not mine. You don't believe in Christ, you believe in the idea of Christ. The bible says that for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whoever believed in him will not perish but have everlasting life; but in keeping with my profile title "Why do you call me Lord?" You'll call Jesus your Lord and saviour and then disobey every commandment given of God. Hence why do you call me Lord and do not these things that I command? God gave us 10 commandments and if we break even a single stroke of the pen then we're guilty of breaking all of it; but you break every single commandment and decree given by God; and you have the audacity to call yourself a christian? Of course you do, one christian is the same as the next. Adolph Hitler was a christian. Christian history is filled with wicked people, pedophiles, murderers, liars, thieves, fornicators, back stabbers, con artists and every kind of wickedness the human soul can conceive of.

You don't have to justify yourself to me, I'm not the judge of your soul. I'm just stating the documented word of God and Christ. And whether you believe it or not is between you and God.

Given that you never hear from God and he never hears or answers you either, how can you claim to know Christ?

I have conversations with the Holy Spirit all the time and that essentially equates to having conversation with both God and Christ. Sometimes it's one sided, just me seeking his will; but I always get an answer that can be measured tangibly, not just a figment of my imagination.

Again I think you think you are speaking to another member. If you know anything about me you would know that I have ears that hear. When I say I know Christ, does that register? I know him. If your so chummy with him ask him about me.

Peter Simpson

Mar 2, 2021
SURREY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
Wow, ok then. Bitter. I’m not sure what happened to you to have you resent Christians so much. But you know what? Christ isn’t mean. You should try to be like him instead of disparaging his word. I don’t even know what to say to you. I guess I’m offended at the blasphemy, calling him a liar.

I did, he says he's never heard of you
Just because you don't understand English that doesn't mean that I'm Blaspheming Christ. It's not my fault that you don't know the scriptures; but if you're one of those beep, beep christian hypocrites that's counting on floating up into the sky to escape the great tribulation, if you were going, you would be gone already. There are only two of you in this conversation and based on what you've stated, you're both either mentally challenged or you've smoked too much peyote.

If you know Christ so well, tell me why he called the Jewish religious leaders of his day a brood of vipers and a den of thieves. Jesus was a Jew, they were Jews and the Jews lived by the Law of God so what was the problem between them that caused them to underhandedly condemn Jesus and release a murderer (Barabbas)?

Christianity is founded on Jewish principles albeit grossly polluted Jewish principles and was established by Rome as their own religion. Before the death of Christ Rome held to pagan beliefs and even when the Jews brought Jesus before Herod, Herod told them, "I find no fault in this man" Yet the Romans still crucified him based on the selection of Jewish religious leaders, why?