The Old Covenant and the New Covenant are the same Law and purpose.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why, because the Law was there from the beginning. Look at what God said to Cain...

Genesis 4:6-8 King James Version (KJV)
6 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
No it was not,

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

why people want to be condemned by the law ill never know, But sin was in the world even untill the law came by Moses, So blind, than they will quote ....

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Old Covenant was between God and Israel. It failed because Israel couldn't keep it.

The New Covenant is between the Father and Jesus, because Jesus kept the Law perfectly. We can't breach the New Covenant because we are not the parties to it. So we link into the New Covenant by putting our faith and trust in the Person who is keeping the New Covenant for us.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it was not,

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

why people want to be condemned by the law ill never know, But sin was in the world even untill the law came by Moses, So blind, than they will quote ....

Exodus 31:18
And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Deuteronomy 9:10
And the Lord delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them was written according to all the words, which the Lord spake with you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly.

Luke 11:20
But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

It was not the law of Moses, but the Law of God written with His own finger. Christ veiled His divinity, but its clear what He was saying....

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for sin not being imputed, look at the definition.
imputed
/imˈpyo͞odəd/
  1. (of a value) assigned to something by inference from the value of the products or processes to which it contributes; estimated.
    "recovering the initial outlay plus imputed interest"
Cain killing Abel was a sin. But like a road that has just been made and has no speed signs, if you went over 100mph, would you be speeding. Of course. You would get pulled over in minute and taken to court, and even though the judge could not say there was a speed limit assigned, you broke the law. So like many do today, you would say to the judge, what law did I break as there was no posted signs...

Reckless Endangerment Law and Legal Definition
Reckless endangerment is a crime consisting of acts that create a substantial risk of serious physical injury to another person. The accused person isn't required to intend the resulting or potential harm, but must have acted in a way that showed a disregard for the foreseeable consequences of the actions.

It was only a matter of time before you killed yourself or worse, and suffered the consequences.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Exodus 31:18
And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Deuteronomy 9:10
And the Lord delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them was written according to all the words, which the Lord spake with you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly.

Luke 11:20
But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

It was not the law of Moses, but the Law of God written with His own finger. Christ veiled His divinity, but its clear what He was saying....
You still miss the point.You said it and still cant see it, God never layed down the law till, as you said, He wrote them on the tablet of stone for Moses to give to the"Israelite's", not you, not me not the greeks not the gentiles, what do you not understand

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still miss the point.You said it and still cant see it, God never layed down the law till, as you said, He wrote them on the tablet of stone for Moses to give to the"Israelite's", not you, not me not the greeks not the gentiles, what do you not understand
But the law was always there, its part of the character of God, so when we break it, we suffer the consequences..

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not forget .

It is written that the LAW was given some 400 years AFTER the PROMISE. (so the LAW (TORAH) does not undo the PROMISE)

You forget God walked in the Garden of Eden, and He explained it and the reason for the Tree of knowledge of good and evil, which is the wages of sin, death.......

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin became present, and was not always there.
Men died because of sin, without the Law, Torah. Torah is Good, as God Designed. Sin is not good.
The Law , Torah, was given later.
But the law was always there, its part of the character of God, so when we break it, we suffer the consequences..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Law is not Gods character, it is Love, the law condemns that is not Gods character, what do you think he is a man.

Rom_1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, His work is perfect; all ...

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, His work is perfect; all His ways are just. A God of faithfulness without injustice, righteous and upright is He.
The works of God are perfect, and all his ways are judgments: God is faithful and without any iniquity, he is just and right. Darby Bible Translation [He is] the Rock, his work is perfect, For all his ways are righteousness; A God of faithfulness without deceit, Just and right is he. English Revised Version

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Law is not Gods character, it is Love, the law condemns that is not Gods character, what do you think he is a man.

Rom_1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Its everywhere in scripture...
Romans 13:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

1 John 3:10-11 King James Version (KJV)
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You read this..
1 John 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
No. TORAH, The Law, God's Instructions, God's Words, were given later.

There was death because of sin, but not because of TORAH, not because of The Law; not yet anyway.
Then you look at this verse..
Romans 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

and we see this..
Genesis 26:5
Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

So we see its clear, the law of God was there from the beginning..

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Old Covenant was between God and Israel. It failed because Israel couldn't keep it.

The New Covenant is between the Father and Jesus, because Jesus kept the Law perfectly. We can't breach the New Covenant because we are not the parties to it. So we link into the New Covenant by putting our faith and trust in the Person who is keeping the New Covenant for us.
No, it is between God and us, the same as it was from the beginning..
2 Corinthians 3:3
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not forget .

It is written that the LAW was given some 400 years AFTER the PROMISE. (so the LAW (TORAH) does not undo the PROMISE)
It was from the beginning or else Cain killing Abel would not have been a sin...

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually there is a huge difference.

1. It is the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ -- God's Son -- which was shed for our redemption to usher in the New Covenant, and to ratify it.

2. Because Christ died, rose again, ascended to Heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God, the Holy Spirit was poured out upon humanity in order to effect the New Birth and transform the New Creature.

3. In the Old Covenant the Law (the Ten Commandments) was written on tablets of stone. In the New Covenant they are written on hearts and minds by the Spirit.
And the Lamb they scarified represents who? In all Christianity, the lamb represents Christ. The Lamb is the type which shows the antitype... What is an antitype in the Bible? | GotQuestions.org

Jeremiah 31:33
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

It was the same, you can say better once you got the actual Lamb of God, in that we can agree...