The one and only Son, who is Himself God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad you said "one of" the clearest because the clearest has to be John 1:1

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.​
Yes its one of many that declare He is God ( YHWH )

Isaiah 44:6
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
'I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God besides Me.

Isaiah 48:12
"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called;
I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins. Yes, if you don't believe that I AM(YHWH), you will die in your sins."

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I Am.(YHWH)"

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 20:28

Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Romans 9:5
Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ who is God over all forever praised! Amen.

Titus 2:13
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Christ Jesus

1 Timothy 3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 1:8
But of the Son He says,
"YOUR THRONE O GOD IS FOREVER AND EVER

Hebrews 1:10
He also says,
"In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.

2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours

2 Peter 1:11
for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

1 John 5:20

We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true even in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

These passages in Revelation make it clear that Jesus is God. Remember it is Jesus in the GNT who is Coming back to earth that every eye will see. It was Jesus who was pierced on the cross for our sins. John is clearly once again calling Jesus God!!!!!!! The Coming and the coming in the clouds never refers to the Father in the GNT but always to Jesus.

Revelation 1:7-8
7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.
8 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

We know from Revelation 1:8 that Alpha and Omega is the Almighty. So we can see that Christ is the Almighty

Revelation 1:17
17And when I saw Him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I Am the first and the last:

We know from Revelation 1:17-18 that the first and the last is He that liveth, was dead, but is alive forevermore is Christ.

Revelation 22:12-13
12 "Behold, I Am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

We know from Revelation 22:13 that the first and the last is the Alpha and Omega.

Revelation 22:16,20
16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I Am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Conclusion
: So we can see that the One who comes/is coming in the NT always refers to Jesus the Son of Man and NEVER refers to the Father. Therefore we can conclude it is Jesus who is coming whom John calls God the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last.. This is sound biblical exegesis based on the context of the passage as well as the principle established in both Testaments on the One who is Coming in/with the Clouds- The Son of Man not the Father !!!!!!

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let proposition P1 = Jesus/Yeshua is our Savior.
True?
Oh, yes, we can play with words all throughout our English translations. We need to keep in mind, though, that our Father is not a God of confusion. 1 Co 14:33 Sometimes, we are drawn to a form of scriptural litigation when we should be able to let God sort it our for us.

Yeshua is call "savior" in the N.T. Yahweh says that He is savior in the O.T., but he is called our savior in the N.T. as well. That does not mean that Yeshua is Yahweh. In fact, both names are treated separately in the N.T.

The first verses that I am drawn to are those in the O.T. which prohibits me from having any God but Yahweh:

Dt 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Is 42:5–7. Thus says Yahweh God, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it: “I am Yahweh; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness. (contrast to John 1)

2 Sa 22:32 “For who is God, but Yahweh? And who is a rock, except our God?

2 Ki 19:14–15 And Hezekiah prayed before Yahweh and said: “Yahweh, the God of Israel, enthroned above the cherubim, you are the God, you alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; you have made heaven and earth.

Neh 9:6 “You are Yahweh, you alone. You have made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them; and you preserve all of them; and the host of heaven worships you.

PS 83:18 that they may know that you alone, whose name is the Yahweh, are the Most High over all the earth

Ps 86:8–10 There is none like you among the gods, O Lord, nor are there any works like yours. All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name. For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God.

Is 37:16 “O LORD of hosts Yahweh, God of Israel, enthroned above the cherubim, you are the God, you alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; you have made heaven and earth.

Is 37:20 So now, our God Yahweh, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you alone are the LORD.”

Is 42:8. I am Yahweh; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.

Yahweh said that HE is the savior.

Is 43:3 For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

Is 43:11–12 I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior. I declared and saved and proclaimed, when there was no strange god among you; and you are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and I am God.

We can also see that Yahweh gave us a new covenant which changes the mechanism of how we are to be saved. Hebrews chapters 8 through 10 describe the changes.

While the new covenant, through the Son of Yahweh, saves us, the N.T. scriptures speak of the Father's and the Son's separate roles in this.

1 Jn 4:14–15 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

Ac 4:11–12 This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Ac 13:22–23 Of this man’s offspring God has brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus, as he promised.

Tt 1:1–7 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the sake of the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth, which accords with godliness, in hope of eternal life, which God, who never lies, promised before the ages began and at the proper time manifested in his word through the preaching with which I have been entrusted by the command of God our Savior; To Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior. But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

1 Ti 2:3–6 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time

1 Pe 1:17–21 And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one’s deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile, knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

Jud 24–25 Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

With this, I find no reason to continue the fruitless litigation. If people use bible translators who already hold to the dogma of the trinity, confusion will reign because of their word choices.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh, yes, we can play with words all throughout our English translations.
We are not communicating. Please focus.

True?

This is the 2nd time I have asked.

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes its one of many that declare He is God ( YHWH )

Isaiah 44:6
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
'I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God besides Me.

Isaiah 48:12
"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called;
I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins. Yes, if you don't believe that I AM(YHWH), you will die in your sins."

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I Am.(YHWH)"

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 20:28

Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Romans 9:5
Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ who is God over all forever praised! Amen.

Titus 2:13
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Christ Jesus

1 Timothy 3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 1:8
But of the Son He says,
"YOUR THRONE O GOD IS FOREVER AND EVER

Hebrews 1:10
He also says,
"In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.

2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours

2 Peter 1:11
for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

1 John 5:20
We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true even in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

These passages in Revelation make it clear that Jesus is God. Remember it is Jesus in the GNT who is Coming back to earth that every eye will see. It was Jesus who was pierced on the cross for our sins. John is clearly once again calling Jesus God!!!!!!! The Coming and the coming in the clouds never refers to the Father in the GNT but always to Jesus.

Revelation 1:7-8
7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.
8 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

We know from Revelation 1:8 that Alpha and Omega is the Almighty. So we can see that Christ is the Almighty

Revelation 1:17
17And when I saw Him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I Am the first and the last:

We know from Revelation 1:17-18 that the first and the last is He that liveth, was dead, but is alive forevermore is Christ.

Revelation 22:12-13
12 "Behold, I Am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

We know from Revelation 22:13 that the first and the last is the Alpha and Omega.

Revelation 22:16,20
16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I Am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Conclusion
: So we can see that the One who comes/is coming in the NT always refers to Jesus the Son of Man and NEVER refers to the Father. Therefore we can conclude it is Jesus who is coming whom John calls God the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last.. This is sound biblical exegesis based on the context of the passage as well as the principle established in both Testaments on the One who is Coming in/with the Clouds- The Son of Man not the Father !!!!!!
My total favorite is the quoting of the Isaiah passages you cite right along side the Revelation passages that use precisely that same phrases.
It's just absolute biblical proof that Jesus is God Himself and leaves anyone who denies it curled up in a fetal position, sucking their thumb and whining for their mommy.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not communicating. Please focus.

True?

This is the 2nd time I have asked.
Brother, if you read me response, I am astounded that you believe that I did not focus.

I am not a child that you should teach but a brother sharing thoughts.

If a King of a country had people in danger and sent out an army to rescue them, that King would be a "savior" to them. The army would have a commander who leads the army in this purpose. To those who are rescued, that commander would be called their "savior." So, who is the savior? The King or the commander?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning....

The very first thing that God spoke according to the Bible is:
Let there be light.
And the light came into being. And God saw the light that it was good.

Jesus is the Word of God, he is also the Light of the world.

So when God said, who was speaking?

To me it sounds like that which is unseen (The Word) , became seen (Light)

Rom 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The Light coming into the world is on this wise:

Luk 1:26
And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
Luk 1:30
And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
TOOLS
Luk 1:31
And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:34
Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
Luk 1:35
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Luk 1:38
And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

God, invisible and unseen, Word, sent his messenger to a woman. stretching here. The woman represents the earth, earthy, Adam.

Mary knew the Lord, Behold the handmaid of the Lord, yet she had never seen that which would make the promise come to pass.
She had to have faith to believe.

The Holy Ghost shall overshadow thee.

Gen 1:2
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

If Mary is the earth, then what follows is her confusion. How shall this be?
The Angel then tells her concerning the Light.. it shall overshadow thee.

The Angel tells Mary that with God all things are possible.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Gen 1:3
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Because of Mary's faith in God, she concieved, even though she didn't understand at the time, she trusted.
To concieve is both a physical manifestation in the body and a spiritul understanding in the mind.

First Mary concieved faith then she manifested the Light which was planted in her.

Col 1:23
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
Col 1:25
Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Col 1:26
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Sounds like to me Paul is doing the same work Gabriel did with Mary. Mary recieved the Gospel from the Angel, and we recieve the Gospel from Paul. Gabriel was sent by God. Paul was sent by Jesus.

God said, Jesus is the Word God said, God sent his word to the world through angels and ministers.
God said let there be Light and the Light was manifested to the world.

And God saw that the Light was good.

Mar 10:18
And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

And yet:

Jhn 10:11
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
Jhn 10:14
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Psa 23:1
[[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

God ( The Word) said, Let there be Light.

Eze 12:25
For I am the LORD: I will speak, and the word that I shall speak shall come to pass; it shall be no more prolonged: for in your days, O rebellious house, will I say the word, and will perform it, saith the Lord GOD.

Jhn 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jhn 1:2
The same was in the beginning with God.
Jhn 1:3
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Jhn 1:4
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Jhn 1:5
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Jhn 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

You can not see the Word which is spoken, But you can see the Light which was manifested in the flesh from the Word.

Luk 1:78
Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,
Luk 1:79
To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Mat 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

2Co 4:18
While we look not at the things which are seen (flesh), but at the things which are not seen(Word): for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

There some good manna in these verses
:D

Hugs

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New King James Version, John 1:

Some older manuscripts have different wording. Berean Standard Bible:

God,
Θεὸν (Theon)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

[but the] one and only Son,
μονογενὴς (monogenēs)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3439: Only, only-begotten; unique. From monos and ginomai; only-born, i.e. Sole.

[ who is Himself ] God
Θεὸς (Theos)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

Berean Literal Bible:

Apostle John understood that Jesus, the Son of God was God. This is one of the clearest textual indications that Jesus Christ is God.
Neither seen nor understood. ;)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God said Let there be Light. And he called the light day.

Doesn't say God said let there be darkness, and yet he called the darkness Night.

The darkness was in the creation of heaven and earth before God said, let there be light.

That's like saying ingnorance comes before knowledge.

death before life.

know ye not (ignorance) that ye must be born again (death to life)

just pondering.. hugs

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad you said "one of" the clearest because the clearest has to be John 1:1

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.​
In your English translation, it would appear to be clear. However, if you English translation was one of the early translations, "word" would not have been capitalized. The capitalization was done by someone who already subscribed to the dogma of the Trinity - to help us see "his truth." Yahweh spoke his creation into existence. Those spoken words are what John 1:1 is saying.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it was in the becoming...
And the earth became ...

what cause this becoming?

I hear Job.

Perfect an righteous in the beginning and then Satan got his hands on him and he was covered in sorrow and boils.
But because of his faith in God, God refreshed him and blessed him and gave him rest with more than he had before.

thinking..
hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your English translation, it would appear to be clear. However, if you English translation was one of the early translations, "word" would not have been capitalized. The capitalization was done by someone who already subscribed to the dogma of the Trinity - to help us see "his truth." Yahweh spoke his creation into existence. Those spoken words are what John 1:1 is saying.
Which is interesting because only one time are the words Day and Night capitalized in the middle of a sentence and not at the beginning.
So I went looking to see if I could find any other occurances of these words Capitalized of themselves, and there is none.

Gen 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

What do you make of that?

hugs

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Light & more of the same light doesn’t make for experience. Still the same indivisible light.
Light, being darkness, through which the light shines, is this.
But what is this God no one hears about?

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly have. Often I find people claiming that Yeshua is "the savior." Well, depending on one's perspective of the things they have been taught, they could do that. But, in reality, who prophesied and brought the New Covenant? It was no Yeshua, it was Yahweh.

Yahweh is the actual savior, and Yeshua was the sacrifice. True, He is also our example of life according to God's truth, and He is the one who gave us His Father's laws for us to understand in this New Covenant time. He is worthy to be praised, for sure. This is the interlinear version of your reference:
I hear what you are saying..to me that is why I believe YHVH had to come himself..as no human man was capable of overcoming the world just YHVH. Have you seen the video about the testing of His blood Ron Wyatt did? There was only 23 chromosomes yet it was human blood? Do you not believe then this scripture:
Isaiah 9:6
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

I do use as instructed by Messiah and pray to Our Father as instructed, I don't pray to him, as he didn't instruct us to do that. I keep finding more and more truth.. but do you go backwards hearing truth or move forward testing what you learn? Messiah spoke Aramaic and his name is Aramaic I found so keep moving forward. I even found something totally new I didn't know that disciple Thomas started churches in India 54BC they say 7 reading comments in a video about Aramaic name used by this church in Kerala, India called Thomas Christians of Syrian Christians. They pronounce His name this way saw it in comments and I went searching.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is interesting because only one time are the words Day and Night capitalized in the middle of a sentence and not at the beginning.
So I went looking to see if I could find any other occurances of these words Capitalized of themselves, and there is none.

Gen 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

What do you make of that?

hugs
Z...I would not make any hay out of this type of thinking of the capitalization or not of certain words in the Bible. As @Spyder just posted, in my words, the translators dictated which words were capitalized or not. And only in John 1 and in one other verse in Rev 'word of God' is the symbol. 'word' capitalized. And then for the latter not capitalized in a few translations.

You know that All letters of words were blocked together and all capitalized in their original form. There was not even chapters and verses assigned.

You pointed out Day and Night being capitalized in Gen 1:5 as something truly scripturally unique. Some translations have these two words capitalized and even in quotes, like in the Contemporary English version and the Good News Bible for example. It was used by the translator for special emphasis and for their own bias or by true power behind their pen and writing.

And in my opinion, for Gen 1:5 the symbols day and night were most probably capitalized to announce the words for the first time. And then thereafter when the symbol arose again, it was not necessary to capitalize them.

Reactions: Ziggy

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear what you are saying..to me that is why I believe YHVH had to come himself..as no human man was capable of overcoming the world just YHVH. Have you seen the video about the testing of His blood Ron Wyatt did? There was only 23 chromosomes yet it was human blood? Do you not believe then this scripture:
Isaiah 9:6
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

I do use as instructed by Messiah and pray to Our Father as instructed, I don't pray to him, as he didn't instruct us to do that. I keep finding more and more truth.. but do you go backwards hearing truth or move forward testing what you learn? Messiah spoke Aramaic and his name is Aramaic I found so keep moving forward. I even found something totally new I didn't know that disciple Thomas started churches in India 54BC they say 7 reading comments in a video about Aramaic name used by this church in Kerala, India called Thomas Christians of Syrian Christians. They pronounce His name this way saw it in comments and I went searching.
Well, sir, I personally will not limit Yahweh to actions that match my beliefs. He said Himself that He put His Spirit in Yeshua in Isaiah 42 - giving His Son the ability to do the things according to Yahweh's will. Shall we suppose that is why Yahweh Himself fathered Yeshua rather than a mortal man? Is this blood test simply a revelation regarding His non-human Father?

Is 42:1–9 Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations.

By the way:

Is 9:6–8 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this. Judgment on Arrogance and Oppression. The Lord has sent a word against Jacob, and it will fall on Israel;

Jesus is never called the “Everlasting Father” anywhere else in Scripture. Also, the phrase is mistranslated. The word translated “everlasting” is actually “age,” and the correct translation is that Jesus will be called “father of the [coming] age.” There are examples of prophecies with dual fulfillment, and this is possibly one of them.

• Love
Reactions: APAK

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, sir, I personally will not limit Yahweh to actions that match my beliefs. He said Himself that He put His Spirit in Yeshua in Isaiah 42 - giving His Son the ability to do the things according to Yahweh's will. Shall we suppose that is why Yahweh Himself fathered Yeshua rather than a mortal man? Is this blood test simply a revelation regarding His non-human Father?

Is 42:1–9 Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations.

By the way:

Is 9:6–8 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this. Judgment on Arrogance and Oppression. The Lord has sent a word against Jacob, and it will fall on Israel;

Jesus is never called the “Everlasting Father” anywhere else in Scripture. Also, the phrase is mistranslated. The word translated “everlasting” is actually “age,” and the correct translation is that Jesus will be called “father of the [coming] age.” There are examples of prophecies with dual fulfillment, and this is possibly one of them.
I never saw that argument before on the link. Anyway yes re Messiah's blood not having the 46 should be only has 23 that not an earth human father.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jud 24–25 Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
You didn't say which translation you were quoting from, but it's interesting to note a difference in this verse depending on which translation you use. The Cambridge Bible notes says:

to the only wise God our Saviour …] The form of the doxology in the Received Text presents a parallelism to that of 1Ti_1:17. The word “wise” is, however, omitted in many of the best MSS. In the use of the word “Saviour” as applied to God we have a parallelism with 1Ti_2:3. The Father, no less than the Son, was thought of by both writers as the Saviour and Preserver of all men. The MSS. that omit “wise” add, for the most part, “through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I hear what you are saying..to me that is why I believe YHVH had to come himself..as no human man was capable of overcoming the world just YHVH. Have you seen the video about the testing of His blood Ron Wyatt did? There was only 23 chromosomes yet it was human blood?
Why are you assuming only YHVH could "overcome the world". The Scriptures clearly state that YHVH's only begotten Son, Jesus, did that - Jesus said, John 16:33 (WEB):

(33) I have told you these things, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have trouble; but cheer up! I have overcome the world.”​

John also wrote, 1 John 5:4 (YLT):

(4) because every one who is begotten of God doth overcome the world, and this is the victory that did overcome the world—our faith;​

Also, a minor correction - Jesus' blood had 24 chromosomes:

Normal blood has a total of 46 chromosomes. When a child is conceived, 23 chromosomes come from the mother and 23 come from the father. One of these pairs determines the gender. For this pair, the mother always provides an “X” chromosome (so called because its shape somewhat resembles the letter X). If the father provides an X chromosome then the child will contain the chromosomes XX and will always be female. If the father provides a “Y” chromosome (shaped to some extent like the letter Y) the child will have a chromosome combination of XY and will be male. All eggs produced by the female will be identical, containing only the X chromosome. For her to produce a male offspring the addition of a Y chromosome is necessary.​
The blood analysis from the Ark chamber showed a total of only 24 chromosomes. Of these 23 were derived from the mother, and there was one Y chromosome. This indicated that the blood belonged to a male. No human blood like this had ever been known to exist. This evidence shows not only that this was indeed Jesus’ blood, but also confirms the virgin birth! Jesus did not have a human father, the Y chromosome was provided by God’s Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35).​

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you can capitalize the term "word" or not, but the capitalization is entirely appropriate as the teaching of the passage is explicitly that the "Logos was God".

λόγος ἦν θεὸς

logos ēn theos

Literally: The Divine Reason was God

Capitalized or not, the passage is teaching that God Himself became flesh. Deny it at the cost of your own soul.

As for the Trinity doctrine, that too is implied in the way the passage is worded because it uses both phrases, "Logos was with God" and "the Logos was God", indicating a plurality exists, which is consistent with the entire scripture starting right from the very first sentence of Genesis which states in Hebrew "In the beginning Gods, He created the Heaven and the Earth." which refers to a plural noun ('ĕlōhîm) with a singular verb (bara).

Genesis 1:1 בְּרֵאשִׁית בָּרָא אֱלֹהִים אֵת הַשָּׁמַיִם וְאֵת הָאָרֶץ׃

Literally: In the beginning of God's, He created the heavens and the earth

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.