The One Sinning is Not a son of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

A born son of God cannot be sinning, not at the same time.

There really is no debate about this: the one sinning now, is not now a son of God, but of the devil: no man can be a sinning child of the devil and a righteous son of God, Not at the same time.

No man can be sinning and be born of God, Not at the same time.

This has nothing to do with being 'committed' to sinning for life, nor sinning in the future.

God is the God of now, and now is all that matters to God: not the past, nor a future that may not come to pass.

While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

If we are sinning now, we are not a son of God now: yesterday nor tomorrow matters nothing at all.

If we are confessing from the heart our past sinning now, then we are forgiven sons of God now: yesterday nor tomorrow matters: no man can be sinning now and forgiven, Not at the same time.

If we are sinning at the end, then we are not sons of God at the end, and if we are forgiven at the end by, then we are the sons of God at the end: no man sinning is forgiven, at the same time.

Therefore, if we are enduring temptation to lust now, and overcoming sinning, then we are being a saved son of God now, and a crown of life is recieved now for the one loving God and not sinning now.

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

If we are forgiven now, because any past sin is confessed, then we are sons of God now: yesterday and tomorrow matter not:

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Confessing while sinning mocks God, counts the blood of the Lamb unholy, and despises the Spirit of grace: if we stop the sinning, we can confess the sin and be forgiven of God.

There is one thing to remember about God, if we are sinning: No man can come to Him, except He draw us to confess from the heart our sinning.

Presumptuous sinning is to presume we will be drawn to confess the sin, after we have wilfully and presumptively done so.

The only promise is that we are forgiven of past sinning, if we confess it from the heart.

There is no promise that God will draw us back to Himself to confess:

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

There can be confession without repentance, but there is a space of repentance God can declare for confession to become repentance: confession is godly sorrow for sinning, Repentance is doing that sin no more.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being saved and forgiven of God is now and today, without taking thought for tomorrow.

Repentance is now and today, without worrying about tomorrow.

The slickest device of the devil is to get people thinking about tomorrow, when we ought only be thinking of now and today.

That is what One Day at a Time Sweet Jesus is all about.

People reject not sinning now and today, because they reject the possibility of not sinning tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow, and the day after the day after tomorrow...

When we only take thought for Jesus now and today, then tomorrow will take care of itself:

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

It is only what we are doing now, that makes us what we are now:

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

Only now and today are we either doing righteousness or unrighteousness, and so making our tree good or evil, not tomorrow.

Those who speak of 'progressively' doing more good and less evil, are foolishly thinking they will stop doing unrighteousness tomorrow, while justifying the evil of today.

And so tomorrow never comes, and the righteousness of 'someday isle' never arrives, because now, if we will hear His voice, today is the day of being saved righteous sons of God.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone stopped to consider that thinking of sinning tomorrow is not sinning, even as thinking of doing right tomorrow is not doing righteousness?

So what if the devil tempts to think of sinning tomorrow? What does that have to do with today?

Afterall, if tomorrow does come, and we choose not to consider sinning today, then the devil will just have to put off his plans until tomorrow, again.

I say, Live for Jesus today, don't argue with the devil about tomorrow.

Remember, the devil has no more power as a created spiritual being than any other angel or man: he may be able to talk directly to our minds without a tongue of flesh, but that does not mean we have to take his thoughts as gospel.

If we take less thought about tomorrow, and more thought about today, then tomorrow will always take care of itself, when it is today.

This wisdom any natural man can know, but only the saints do so for the sake of Jesus Christ:

And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

I've learned not even worry about an hour from now:

Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

Or even a half-hour:

And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

Anyone ever try silencing their minds, and taking thought for nothing at all, for one whole minute? How about one whole half an hour?

Be still, and know that I am God.

And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

ArkansasJames

Jun 10, 2022
Wright Co. Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you might have a misunderstanding of I John 3:6-8. I John was written as a defend of the faith against gnostic teaching. In chapter 1, John wrote to correct the false gnostic teaching that the spirit cannot sin. See I John 1:7-10. While the 3rd chapter John deals with the false teaching of the gnostic that the flesh in so many words could live in totally depraved sin yet the spirit was still clean.

We know as believers we still struggle with sin; for Paul living in the present said:
24) O wretched man that i am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death.
25) I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Romans 7:24-25

For from Romans 7:12-25 Paul cries and tells of his/our losing battle with sin til he gets to verse 25 were he Thanks God thru Jesus for our deliverance; so we all need to just be Thankful for Jesus sacrifice for us.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Folks who've undergone the regeneration spoken of by John 3:3-8 are not
sons of God by birth, rather, by adoption. (Rom 8:15, Gal 4:5 and Eph 1:5)

Jesus is a son of God by birth-- in point of fact the one and only son of God
by birth --so it's no surprise he's 110% sinless.

1John 3:8-9 . . He who sins is of the devil . . .Whoever has been born of
God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because
he has been born of God.
_

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Folks who've undergone the regeneration spoken of by John 3:3-8 are not
sons of God by birth, rather, by adoption. (Rom 8:15, Gal 4:5 and Eph 1:5)

Jesus is a son of God by birth-- in point of fact the one and only son of God
by birth --so it's no surprise he's 110% sinless.

1John 3:8-9 . . He who sins is of the devil . . .Whoever has been born of
God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because
he has been born of God.
_
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

I.e. which were born of God, not of blood, will of man, etc...

It's unique to say the saints in Christ Jesus are not sons born of God. A lie, but unique.

And if you are using that lie to teach that only the Son is born of God, so that only Jesus applies to 1 John 3:8-9, then that is another unique lie added to the first.

And if you are therefore using those two lies to teach that one sinning is a son of God, then that is only a unique way of teaching the lie of OSAS for sinners, who are sinning of the devil and born of God by grace.

Not a unique lie in the end, but uniquely done.

Thanks.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A born son of God cannot be sinning, not at the same time.

There really is no debate about this: the one sinning now, is not now a son of God, but of the devil: no man can be a sinning child of the devil and a righteous son of God, Not at the same time.

No man can be sinning and be born of God, Not at the same time.

This has nothing to do with being 'committed' to sinning for life, nor sinning in the future.

God is the God of now, and now is all that matters to God: not the past, nor a future that may not come to pass.

there you go again with the demonic lie fo sinless perfection being necessary!

YOu do not even know what is being written here, for if you did you would not be so gullible to fall for the lies of hell!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you might have a misunderstanding of I John 3:6-8. I John was written as a defend of the faith against gnostic teaching. In chapter 1, John wrote to correct the false gnostic teaching that the spirit cannot sin. See I John 1:7-10. While the 3rd chapter John deals with the false teaching of the gnostic that the flesh in so many words could live in totally depraved sin yet the spirit was still clean.

That is OSAS teaching today. The soul no more sins, but only the 'sinful' flesh. They are both wrong: the flesh has no sin, nor is the body the sinner, but the soul is the one sinning with the body and dies to God while sinning. The body only dies because it's made of mortal flesh, like dust and grass.

The doctrine of Christ is spiritual purity first, to cleanse within the heart, that life in the flesh may indeed be clean in doing righteousness of the law of Christ.

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

All righteousness and sin is spiritual in nature, in that it all begins within the heart and soul: sinning with the flesh is only the symptom of the sickness of lusting from within the heart.

We know as believers we still struggle with sin; for Paul living in the present said:
24) O wretched man that i am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death.
25) I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Romans 7:24-25

For from Romans 7:12-25 Paul cries and tells of his/our losing battle with sin til he gets to verse 25 were he Thanks God thru Jesus for our deliverance; so we all need to just be Thankful for Jesus sacrifice for us.

When you say 'we', you speak of the double hearted and wretched double minded, who have yet to repent of sinning and purify their hearts of lust, and so pitifully try to do the law of Christ bodily only, which was the error of the Jews: Jesus' reformation is to purify within first, that we may be clean outwardly also.

When you stop speak of sinning as 'struggling with sin', and call it what it is: Sinning of the devil, for the devil, and with the devil, then any man may learn to repent of sinning against God and be born of God spiritually within, with power neither to lust for sin in the mind, nor do it in the flesh.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Being a born son of God with power of Christ, is to not be lusting in the spirit, nor sinning in the flesh.

Once we stop the sinning inwardly and outwardly, then as sons of God we can begin to do His righteous will in all things by the faith of Jesus.

The saints in Christ Jesus are overcomers against sinning, not struggling with sinning. The double minded need to purify their hearts within, that they to may be overcomers against sinning, and no more just struggling with it.

I was exactly as you at one time, but by the grace and power of God, I am like Jesus as He was in the days of His flesh.

Just be honest and stop calling sinning, struggling with sin, and you too can receive His power to become His son pure in heart and in the days of your own flesh.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The doctrine of Christ is spiritual purity first, to cleanse within the heart, that life in the flesh may indeed be clean in doing righteousness of the law of Christ.

Sorry but this is not the doctrine of Christ, but the doctrine of demons! there is no life in the flesh. The flesh here is psuche! the old man who God has rendered dead. YOu need to learn your bible and not the tenets of extreme legalism.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there you go again with the demonic lie fo sinless perfection being necessary!

YOu do not even know what is being written here, for if you did you would not be so gullible to fall for the lies of hell!
Sinless perfection is not necessary to go to hell. Just sinning is enough.

Believe me, you will never go to hell because of sinless perfection, not even for seeking it. You only go to hell for refusing it from Jesus Christ.

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

You are becoming a funny troll. Redundant, but funny.

And you are helping me to purify my soul of even getting uselessly angry at your foolishness and lies against the truth.

So, keep it up.

For they intended evil against thee: they imagined a mischievous device, which they are not able to perform.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I have never seen anyone in my life so full of hatred against preaching the righteousness of God as you OSAS sinners. I now refer to you as the spiritual Cains of christian religion.

Only spiritually though, because you don't have power to kill the bodies of the saints. Not now, anyway. Though your spiritual friends are doing so in other nations, whether Islamists or communists.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There is no Sin in Christ, and all the Born again, which is the born again Spirit, are "one with God", "in Christ", and there is no sin found there.

Also, """"your body is dead because of sin"""....so, none found in a dead body that is "crucified with Christ"

Whats left?
Your mind....and that is not your born again Spirit, as the Born again Spirit has by God's power become , = Spiritually Circumcised FROM that mind of the Flesh....

Colossians 2:11

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no Sin in Christ, and all the Born again, which is the born again Spirit, are "one with God", "in Christ", and there is no sin found there.

Also, """"your body is dead because of sin"""....so, none found in a dead body that is "crucified with Christ"

Whats left?
Your mind....and that is not your born again Spirit, as the Born again Spirit has by God's power become , = Spiritually Circumcised FROM that mind of the Flesh....

When you say no sin is found there in the body, you mean then that there is no sinning there, Not sinning with the flesh?

Or are you saying there is no sin for God to see there, though there is still sinning there bodily?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Whats left?

When you say sin is not found there in the dead body, then you mean there is no sinning of that dead body to be found?

And there is no sin to be found in your soul, and so your soul is not lusting not sinning in the spirit?

And so, you do believe and teach cleansing ourselves from all filthiness of the spirit and of the flesh, so that we are not sinning against God, neither in our pure hearts, not with our physical bodies?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When you say no sin is found there in the body, you mean then that there is no sinning there, Not sinning with the flesh?

Or are you saying there is no sin for God to see there, though there is still sinning there bodily?

Thank you for the question..

A.) Born again....

See that? That is a 2nd Birthday, but its not your body...as you have already had have that birthday.
So, Jesus says...."you must be BORN...............again".
That is BIRTH. #2., and that is a spiritual birth of your Spirit, that God causes by His Holy Spirit.

End result? Your spirit, now born again by God, exists in Spiritual Union with God.... This is known as "In Christ", or "one with God".
= This is what it means to be SAVED.

Notice this verse.. "seated in heavenly places, in Christ"............ as that is the born again Spirit, of each believer.

Notice this verse....

"As Christ IS..........so are the BORN AGAIN..........in this world"..

The born again are "one with God, and in Christ"... spiritually.
Your body is dead because of Sin.
You mind is not your spirit, and you have to learn how to use your THINKING, to realize that "Born again" is SPIRITUAL, not related to your body or your mind.....Its a SPIRITUAL BIRTH< OF a SON/Daughter OF GOD.........
A Son/Daughter of God, is a Spiritually RE-BORN....(born again) Spirit, that now exists eternally, in spiritual UNION, with God and Christ.
= This is "Eternal Life".

This is how we the "born again"... become "the body of Christ" and "the Temple of the Holy Spirit"...and "the Bride of Christ"

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

When Jesus died on the Cross, he had become JUDGED for the sin of the world.
Sin was judged upon Him, but no sin was found in Him.
Your sin was judged on Him.....and mine also.....everyone's.

Do you remember when Jesus said.....Father If possible, "let this cup pass from me"?
That was Christ knowing that He was about to become the "sin bearer" for the WORLD.. =thats the CUP (wrath) of God's Judgement against sin.
And when a person comes to Christ, by Faith....God accepts your faith to then give you "The gift of Righteousness".
And that Gift is your Spirit becoming born again, as "One with God" "in Christ , and there is no sin found there.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When you say sin is not found there in the dead body, then you mean there is no sinning of that dead body to be found?

The reason Paul tells the born again to "reckon (esteem) yourself DEAD, (your old man of sin), is because "the old man is Crucified with Christ".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And there is no sin to be found in your soul, and so your soul is not lusting not sinning in the spirit?

You are referring to the "soul realm".

See, God is 3 in One,........Father, Son, and HS

Man is also a Tri-part Being. because "man is made in OUR IMAGE" (Genesis)
"Our" is God the Creator and Christ the Word..... John 1

We are..
Soul
Spirit
Body.

So, the Body is dead because of sin, and that is why it will be found in a GRAVE, soon enough.

The Spirit needs to be restored to Spiritual Union with God, as "God is A Spirit"......and when we are born again, we are now eternally become a Son/Daughter of God, spiritually restored (reconciled) to God.
We are born again, = Spiritually...which means we become exactly like Adam was, before he fell.

So, your Soul, is your MIND.......that is the "soul realm", and when you are born again, Hebrews 10:2, explains that this birth of the Spirit, when understood, will give you righteousness consciousness, instead of the sin consciousness that you are referring to as that struggle.

See, God gives all we need to be HOLY.......and the main part of that, subsequent to being "made righteous spiritually", is to have a renewed mind.
A renewed mind no longer sees yourself as a "sinner", but has gained the revelation that you EXIST NOW, "IN Christ", "One with God", and as you learn to SEE this as the REAL YOU, your mind will renew, and that sin consciousness issue will fade and leave.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of
God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood,
nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

I.e. which were born of God, not of blood, will of man, etc...

The births spoken of in that verse refer to handiwork, viz: creations
rather than progeny. For example:

2Cor 5:17 . . If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature

Gal 6:15 . . For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything,
nor uncircumcision, but a new creature

Eph 2:10 . . For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus

Eph 4:24 . . Put on the new man, which after God is created in
righteousness and true holiness.

Col 3:10 . .You have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge
after the image of Him that created him:

Jesus alone is God's progeny. (Luke 1:35, John 1:14, John 1:18, John 3:16,
John 3:18, Heb 11:17, 1John 4:9)

All the other sons of God are His by adoption (Rom 8:15, Gal 4:5, Eph 1:5)
_

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sinless perfection is not necessary to go to hell. Just sinning is enough.

Believe me, you will never go to hell because of sinless perfection, not even for seeking it. You only go to hell for refusing it from Jesus Christ.

You do not even know what saves a person or what causes a person to be lost. YOu are a works person through and through.

One goes to the lake of fire for rejecting the payment God made for their sin, so they must pay for it themsel;ves.

One goes to heaven not for bveing perfect in all deeds (though God has declared me perfect) nor even desiring it( though I do with every fiber of my being), I am going to heaven because I have placed my trust for salvation in teh death, burial and physical resurrection of Jesus for my sin alone! apart from any deed I have, are or will do.