The Only Way We Will Ever Agree

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've come to the conclusion that there is only one way we will all ever agree on the meanings contained in the Scriptures. Can anyone tell me what that way would be?

Much love!
We study the Bible to see what it says, and it's like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. But some enemy has come along and placed the jigsaw pieces from five other puzzles in our box, which makes the process especially difficult. Not only are we attempting to put the pieces in the right place to find the picture, we are also working out which pieces don't belong to our puzzle.

The best course is to have patience with each other as we sort things out. :)

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: The Only Way we will agree?

Precious friends, if we 'refers' to all BLOOD-Bought christian "co-laborers With God"
(1 Corinthians 3:9 AV), and, God Exhorts those same laborers:

"Now I beseech you, brethren, by The Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all​
speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be​
perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."​
(1 Corinthians 1:10 cp 1 Corinthians 12:25 AV),​

then [ His Solution? ] :

The Scriptural possibility that I see for agreement in this lifetime [ By "The One Spirit Who
Baptizes Into The One Body" (1 Corinthians 12:13 AV) ], imho, is to, not just saying one is
"Led By The Spirit," but by actually applying/obeying The Pertinent Scriptures to show
such Action ↑ By God - as respectfully and humbly as I know how to say these things -
ie:

1) To God's children who are guilty of this, please stop 'evil communications'
(1 Corinthians 15:33 AV), of which God Has a law Against ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑,
and start exhibiting "The Fruit Of The Spirit" ( Galatians 5:22-23 AV),​
which God Has no law against ↑ ), humbly agreeing With God That:​

2) All should be done for encouragement and edification * [ good communications
"ministering Grace" to the hearers, many of which may still be "babes In Christ" ]​
( ↑ Ephesians 4:29 AV cp - - - - - - - - - - - - 1 Corinthians 3:1-3 AV ↑ ), and:​

3) Keep on, or start, doing "good works", "following Paul, as he followed
Christ, Under Grace" (1 Corinthians 4:16, 11:1 AV cp Romans - Philemon *),​
"Daily dying" [ to the old self ] (1 Corinthians 15: 31 AV):​

4) "praying with thanksgiving [ "The Will Of God" (1Thessalonians 5:18 AV) ]":

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions,​
and giving of thanks, be made for all men" (1 Timothy 2:1 AV)​
[ kinda difficult to do Both this and 'evil communication' at the same time, eh? ]​
"Be careful [ anxious ] for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and​
supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known Unto​
God." (Philippians 4:6 AV cp Ephesians 5:20; Colossians 1:12, 3:17 AV)​
5) Humbly "presenting one's self / being transformed by the renewing of the mind"
(Romans 12:1-2 AV cp - - - - - - - - - - - ↑ to 'be conformed' Romans 8:29 AV)​

6) Saying/claiming is one thing, but quite another is actually
"walking in The Spirit" (Galatians 5:25 AV cp Romans 8:4-5 AV), Correct?
+
By "faith which worketh by '[ Much! ] love'" (Galatians 5:6 AV)​
+​
Then, Under Grace, all the BLOOD-Bought "sons/daughters of God Led​
By His Spirit" (Romans 8:14), "not under law" (Galatians 5:18 AV),​
Can Then:​

7) Apply "the heart of this agreement matter":

"studying, Rightly Divided" (2 Timothy 2:15 AV) following Bible study Rules!,​
which leads to the heart Of God's Grace Message/ministry for The Body Of Christ:​

8) a) "making all men to see What Is The Fellowship Of The Mystery"
+ and agreeing about:​
b) "Endeavouring to keep the Unity Of The Spirit In The Bond Of Peace!"​

9) Finally, as 'good soldiers of Christ', wrestling in the 'spiritual warfare' wherein
the evil enemy [ not 'flesh and blood' brothers/sisters! ] is the cause of all the​
disagreement:​

"...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may​
be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand..."​

----------------
However, that being said, and with of the current Confusion/Division/Strife in
'The Body Of Christ', it seems to me [ :cry: to say ], and also to:
...an honest answer I have made, about how we will all agree when we meet Jesus...
imho, I believe this would be after we [ all BLOOD-Bought christian "co-laborers With
God" only ] are Handed [ By Christ ] our 'bad works', and they are "all Burned Up [ In
His Fiery Gaze? ]"!
(1 Corinthians 3:8-15 AV),

Then, the Only Way we will all Finally Agree?​
Amen.

* Romans – Philemon AV = God's Grace & Peace Love Letters Directly To us Today, For:

Consolation, Comfort, Edification, Enjoyment, Encouragement, And spiritual Building Up Of
All The BLOOD-Washed "members ( saints!" ) In The Body Of CHRIST, HIS Church, Seated
In Heaven! { Start here, but please remember:

"All Scripture [ handled Properly ] Is Profitable For learning/agreeing!" }​

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus warns us not to love the things around us more than Himself.
If your 'teacher', Pastor, whoever, is giving you bad information about God and Christ, who do you love more, Jesus, (the way, the truth, and the Life) or the one you are infatuated with on the earth that has your eyes and ears and apparently your heart.

Christ Brings Division​

34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to ‘set[j] a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ 37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.
Not that it matters (since it’s only my opinion) but there is something about the way “Christ brings division” is often used that has bothered me. I mean, it bothers me in the sense that it’s conflicting with so many of His other promises of “He who hates His brother(still), the love of God is not in Him.” And “I will make even your enemies be at peace with you.”

Which makes me keep open to the possibility there is more there than an excuse to hate those of your own household, and even your own life. when He says you must hate these things(all these things) and pick up your cross and follow Him, or you are not worthy to be His disciples. You must hate all these and bear your cross or you are not worthy to be His student.
I think of His saying “I am the great physician” “I come not to heal those who need no physician but I come to (help)those who are sick.” How sicker can you be than to hate all these things(mother, father, husband, brother, sister) and even your own life?

My point is …I’m not sure hating all those of your own household and even your own Life is a bandage to wear as honor or instead it may be the definition of “those who need a physician” where then the great Physician said “Come, bear your cross and follow Me”.

This “division” within the churches today. “A great divide”
I’m not so sure that is something to boast over as a place to remain, or if that also is the definition of “those who are sick” and “in need a physician” …no I don’t (personally) think boasting in our divisions is healthy but instead there needs to be a cry to The Physician who heals those divisions where God promised “I can make even your enemies be at peace with you”… where all the divisions acknowledges it is —a sickness—and needs The Physician because it is not well, and ask Him to heal our sickness. The answer may be the same “bear your cross and follow after Me.” Point is …I don’t think “divisions” is well but destroying, eating away at the mental health of the body. I’m not sure divisions or to divide brother from brother ever stops to consider if may be those He spoke of as “sick and needing a Physician.” But that is only my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: marks and amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 11
17 Now in giving these instructions I do not praise you, since you come together not for the better but for the worse. 18 For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it. 19 For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be [b]recognized among you.
Coming back to this . . .

There must be divisions so that those who are approved may be recognized among you. How? How are we to recognize who is approved? I would answer by whether their teachings are verifiable in the Scriptures.

Much love!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptural possibility that I see for agreement in this lifetime [ By "The One Spirit Who
Baptizes Into The One Body" (1 Corinthians 12:13 AV) ], imho, is to, not just saying one is
"Led By The Spirit," but by actually applying/obeying The Pertinent Scriptures to show
such Action ↑ By God - as respectfully and humbly as I know how to say these things -
ie:
Amen! (to all your post!)

I would add this one more:

Hebrews 5:14 KJV
14) But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

We have to do the parts we know, and if we do, we will come to understand those parts we don't. He who has will be given more.

Much love!

• Love

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've come to the conclusion that there is only one way we will all ever agree on the meanings contained in the Scriptures. Can anyone tell me what that way would be?

Much love!
Sad things is not to many people will be believe the truth when they hear it, even if they read it.
"Hear the word of the Lord, ye children of Israel: For the Lord hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land." (Hosea 4:1)

Due to this lack of knowledge, man is on the brink of destruction, because of his transgression against God. The ability to think, and to know good from evil is the only thing that separates man from beast. Man has taken this gift from God for granted, and has chosen evil over good.

The Bible clearly says in Roman 3: 1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. 3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? 4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written,

Reactions: Cassandra

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sad things is not to many people will be believe the truth when they hear it, even if they read it.
"Hear the word of the Lord, ye children of Israel: For the Lord hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land." (Hosea 4:1)

Due to this lack of knowledge, man is on the brink of destruction, because of his transgression against God. The ability to think, and to know good from evil is the only thing that separates man from beast. Man has taken this gift from God for granted, and has chosen evil over good.

The Bible clearly says in Roman 3: 1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. 3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? 4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written,
Just wondering, did you have an answer to my question? My purpose here is to unify the regenerate. Unregenerate will never understand the Scriptures, only those with the Holy Spirit in them are able to understand.

We don't all share the same understandings, why is that? Many of us are born again in Christ, what will unify our understanding of the Scriptures? I believe there is an answer to this question. And this is how I answer every Scripture question.

I think what it comes down to is whether we are willing to be subject to God's Written Word. Some are not. Some, I think, speaking of Christians only, may be afraid to be subject to the Scriptures.

For some, they've found positions which feel good to them, thinking they are being Scriptural, I could be guilty of that myself, so how do we protect ourselves from that?

I think there are 2 things of paramount importance, rather, 3. Stick to what is directly verifiable in the Scriptures, inferences come at your own risk. Be eager to be corrected, whether by the Holy Spirit or others, this is humility. And be faithful to what you do know, even though there may be things you don't know, or are mistaken over. Those who have, receive more. This is how we grow.

How do we attain to unity in the Body of Christ?

Much love!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wondering, did you have an answer to my question? My purpose here is to unify the regenerate. Unregenerate will never understand the Scriptures, only those with the Holy Spirit in them are able to understand.

We don't all share the same understandings, why is that? Many of us are born again in Christ, what will unify our understanding of the Scriptures? I believe there is an answer to this question. And this is how I answer every Scripture question.

I think what it comes down to is whether we are willing to be subject to God's Written Word. Some are not. Some, I think, speaking of Christians only, may be afraid to be subject to the Scriptures.

For some, they've found positions which feel good to them, thinking they are being Scriptural, I could be guilty of that myself, so how do we protect ourselves from that?

I think there are 2 things of paramount importance, rather, 3. Stick to what is directly verifiable in the Scriptures, inferences come at your own risk. Be eager to be corrected, whether by the Holy Spirit or others, this is humility. And be faithful to what you do know, even though there may be things you don't know, or are mistaken over. Those who have, receive more. This is how we grow.

How do we attain to unity in the Body of Christ?

Much love!
Now you just prove my point by saying, "We don't all share the same understandings, why is that? Many of us are born again in Christ, what will unify our understanding of the Scriptures? I believe there is an answer to this question. And this is how I answer every Scripture question."

Roman Christianity teaches you are born again now, but the Bible doesn't teach that. The Bible teaches Born again is a change in the Body, not the mind. Nicodemus asked a very good question. Take a look at the next set of verses. John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

In verse 5, born of the water in this case is the Word of God. Notice the Lord mentions the kingdom of God again, but He adds a little more information. He says "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. When he mentions spirit He means exactly that. Watch how the Lord gives something physical to describe exactly what He means.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Notice: He made a difference between flesh and spirit. Ask yourself that question, was you born flesh or spirit?

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Notice: He compared the wind to a spirit. Can you see the wind? No! We have seen things being blown around by the wind, but we have never seen the wind. If you are born of the spirit you are like the wind. This is when you are truly born again, when you are born of the spirit.

Notice: what Jesus does in these next few verses. Remember, this is after His resurrection.

John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Note two very important things within these verses. 1. Jesus appeared in the midst of them and the doors were shut. 2. Thomas called Him God. When Jesus came out of the grave he was born into the God family, Jesus was Born Again. When Thomas called Jesus God was he still a man? Take a look at this verse in the book of Numbers.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? Or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Note what the verse says, God is not a man, neither is he the son of man. While Jesus walked with His disciples He called Himself the son of man. He was exactly that. He was born of a woman. But, when he was raised from the dead He was no longer in the man family neither was He flesh and blood. If he was flesh and blood He would not have been able to appear in the middle of the room with his apostles.

There's more to this topic, but this is an example of how people can't understand the Bible plainly and put doctrine aside, because the word of God speaks for itself.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What I just said.

Much love!
Understand. Not re-created. Not born again.
How do you see this re-creation?
Just interested - you can appreciate people say things and there can be a lot that sits behind those words.
Thanks
F2F

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
There are too many "teachers" on the forums, all speak but all cant show they are honest, as they are text and not the ways to follow..

1 Corinthians 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because the word of God speaks for itself.
This is the very point I'm hoping to communicate to all, that we have to allow the Bible to speak for itself, that is, we have to make sure that our understandings are directly verifiable from the Scriptures themselves, and not based on our inferences.

Much love!

Reactions: bro.tan

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about here in this life? No possible way?

Much love!
Not as long as Satan is free to roam today, and cause confusion.

Or didn't you notice that when Jesus returns, Satan will then be locked in chains in his pit prison, and not allowed to deceive the nations for that "thousand years"? (Rev.20).

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the very point I'm hoping to communicate to all, that we have to allow the Bible to speak for itself, that is, we have to make sure that our understandings are directly verifiable from the Scriptures themselves, and not based on our inferences.

Much love!
If people want to get understanding then they will need to start from the basic. The scriptures it's written in Proverbs 1: 1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel; 2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; 3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity; 4 To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion. 5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: 6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings. 7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction

Something may have to be remove from the mind set, because Roman Christianity do not teach the fear of the lord. The bible says come into the light. (1Peter:2:9) "that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:" Open your eyes sisters and brothers and see. Let no man deceive you. (Rev12:9) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Satan through man (Religious Teaching) has deceived the whole world.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
I guess you guys cant see a difference, talk is not love, deed is, quit the thing that is not love and God is love. ( the thousand years is a day to God, it is the day of judgement, and the reign with Christ is for ever, as now is the day of salvation.)..

2 Corinthians 6:1 We then, as workers together with him, BESEECH YOU also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.

2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:
4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
6 By pureness, by knowledge, by long suffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.
12 Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.
13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Anyone going to be more quiet and listen:

Ecclesiastes 5:1 Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.
2 Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
3 For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

James 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

James 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

Jude 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.