The persecution of Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God made His covenant with Abraham, He gave this promise:

“I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse…I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring, all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.” -Genesis 12: 3, and Genesis 22:17-18 (NIV)

In Old Testament times, the nations did witness God blessing Israel. They knew the God of Israel was true and powerful. 2 Chronicles 20:29 (NIV), “The fear of God came on all the surrounding kingdoms when they heard how the LORD had fought against the enemies of Israel.” The Jews knew they were favored above all others. Amos 3:2 (NIV), “You only have I chosen of all the families of the earth…” This special relationship created tension between Israel and other nations.

Before Jesus was crucified in 33 A.D., He cast off the Jews. Matthew 23:38, “Behold, your house is forsaken and desolate.” The Jewish people entered a period of 1845 years of disfavor. So-called “Christian churches” brutally persecuted and killed the Jews. God took away His wall of special protection. The nations hated and persecuted these people.

But now the period of disfavor has ended. God has re-established Israel as a nation. Yet, He is causing the old animosity between Israel and the other nations to continue. Zechariah 12:2-3, 9 (ESV), “Behold, I am about to make Jerusalem a cup of staggering to all the surrounding peoples…On that day I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples…”

Why? Because He is using the jealousy of the nations to gather them against Israel. Then the Almighty God will fight for Israel just as He did in olden days. “And all the nations of the earth will gather against it… And on that day I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.” “Then the LORD will go out to fight against those nations, as he has fought in times past.” Zechariah 12:3, 9 and Zechariah 14:3.
During Christ’s reign, Israel will accept Jesus as their savior (Zechariah 12:10), and Jerusalem will become the capital of the world (Isaiah 2:2-3). All persecution will stop. Nations will humble themselves, be taught of the Jews, and bring their riches to them (Isaiah 60:10-12).

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse…I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring, all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.” -Genesis 12: 3, and Genesis 22:17-18 (NIV)
In Old Testament times, the nations did witness God blessing Israel. They knew the God of Israel was true and powerful. 2 Chronicles 20:29 (NIV), “The fear of God came on all the surrounding kingdoms when they heard how the LORD had fought against the enemies of Israel.” The Jews knew they were favored above all others. Amos 3:2 (NIV), “You only have I chosen of all the families of the earth…” This special relationship created tension between Israel and other nations.
You said “this special relationship created tension between Israel and other nations.”

it is strange how much this describes
Genesis 37:3-11 Now Israel loved Joseph more than any other of his sons, because he was the son of his old age. And he made him a robe of many colors. [4] But when his brothers saw that their father loved him more than all his brothers, they hated him and could not speak peacefully to him. [5] Now Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers they hated him even more. [6] He said to them, "Hear this dream that I have dreamed: [7] Behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and behold, my sheaf arose and stood upright. And behold, your sheaves gathered around it and bowed down to my sheaf." [8] His brothers said to him, "Are you indeed to reign over us? Or are you indeed to rule over us?" So they hated him even more for his dreams and for his words. [9] Then he dreamed another dream and told it to his brothers and said, "Behold, I have dreamed another dream. Behold, the sun, the moon, and eleven stars were bowing down to me." [10] But when he told it to his father and to his brothers, his father rebuked him and said to him, "What is this dream that you have dreamed? Shall I and your mother and your brothers indeed come to bow ourselves to the ground before you?" [11] And his brothers were jealous of him, but his father kept the saying in mind.

his brothers then threw their brother in a pit, sold there brother into slavery, where their brother was imprisoned, and then they lied to their father saying animals had eaten their younger brother …reminds me so much of: This special relationship created tension between Israel and other nations.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During Christ’s reign, Israel will accept Jesus as their savior (Zechariah 12:10), and Jerusalem will become the capital of the world (Isaiah 2:2-3). All persecution will stop. Nations will humble themselves, be taught of the Jews, and bring their riches to them (Isaiah 60:10-12).
“Nations will humble themselves, be taught of the Jews, and bring their riches to them”
What riches will the bring to them?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

This is my understanding of these two passages: -

Genesis 12:3: -

3 I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And in/through you all the families of the earth/ground/land [1] shall be blessed."​

Genesis 22:15-18: - 15 Then the Angel of the Lord called to Abraham a second time out of heaven, 16 and said: "By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son — 17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies/enemy.[2] 18 In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice."

Before Jesus was crucified in 33 A.D., He cast off the Jews. Matthew 23:38, “Behold, your house is forsaken and desolate.” The Jewish people entered a period of 1845 years of disfavor. So-called “Christian churches” brutally persecuted and killed the Jews. God took away His wall of special protection. The nations hated and persecuted these people.

But now the period of disfavor has ended. God has re-established Israel as a nation. Yet, He is causing the old animosity between Israel and the other nations to continue. Zechariah 12:2-3, 9 (ESV), “Behold, I am about to make Jerusalem a cup of staggering to all the surrounding peoples…On that day I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples…”

It is my understanding that the "Disfavour" has not yet ended and that there will be a further 20-25 years before God will begin to gather Israelites to Himself. It is not until we see the kings of the earth gathered at Armageddon to be judged with the heavenly hosts at the same time that we will see Israel being saved as Paul wrote in Romans 11:25-26.

Why? Because He is using the jealousy of the nations to gather them against Israel. Then the Almighty God will fight for Israel just as He did in olden days. “And all the nations of the earth will gather against it… And on that day I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.” “Then the LORD will go out to fight against those nations, as he has fought in times past.” Zechariah 12:3, 9 and Zechariah 14:3.

Sadly, this is mainly conjecture on your part. It is the style of "messiah" that the Israelites were looking for some 2,000 years ago. They were looking for a warrior king to rid Jerusalem of the Roman empire from their midst. The Roman Empire became the army given to the Little Horn, around that time, to trample God's Sanctuary and His Earthly Hosts to scatter them as God had prophesied to the four corners of the earth.

Oh well, such is the understanding of many people today as you have expressed.

Shalom

[1] The Hebrew Root of הָאֲדָמָֽה, H:0127, has the meaning of soil, and is akin to a fertile field/face of the land/world.
Genesis 2:7: –– 7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

One could argue that what is being said here is that all of the peoples of the world that occupy God’s fertile field/ground will be blessed. The flip side of this covenant is that all of the people who do not occupy God’s fertile field/ground will be cursed.

[2] The understanding of this verse as originally translated, suggests that Israel had many enemies, but the reality is that Israel had only one enemy, Satan and this verse is telling us that in the future that isrel will even have possession of the “gate” that people must pass throught, from being canidates for the second death into the fertile field where a person can gain “life.”

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Nations will humble themselves, be taught of the Jews, and bring their riches to them”
What riches will the bring to them?
“The sons of foreigners shall build up your walls,
And their kings shall minister to you;
For in My wrath I struck you,
But in My favor I have had mercy on you.
11 Therefore your gates shall be open continually;
They shall not be shut day or night,
That men may bring to you the wealth of the Gentiles,
And their kings in procession.
12 For the nation and kingdom which will not serve you shall perish,
And those nations shall be utterly ruined.

Isaiah 60:10-12

Zirthorn

Oct 16, 2023
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What's happening in Israel right now is just awful. I believe that all the regions of the world should unite to stop military actions in every corner of our planet.

Reactions: Chadrho

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The sons of foreigners shall build up your walls,

That men may bring you the wealth of the Gentiles” I asked because I’m curious what wealth it is they bring in to “But in My favor I have had mercy in you. Therefore your gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day or night…”

First) I think of the verse that says to warn those that trust in uncertain riches to be rich towards God.

Does “wealth” mean money, possessions? Material things? At first I assume no because those things of “the wealth of the gentiles” they will bring to you …I can only consider the arming to not trust in uncertain riches but to instead be rich towards God.

YET, if there are any verses in the word that supports or confirms “That men may bring you the wealth of the Gentiles” …the wealth the gentiles they bring in the gates that are always open day and night it is: Romans 15:25-29 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints. [26] For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem. [27] It has pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, …their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things. [28] When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain. [29] And I am sure that, when I come unto you, I shall come in the fulness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.

Do you see that? “I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.”
But in My favor I have had mercy on you. Therefore…I hear that therefore as…out of My favor and Mercy I have had on you …the gates are open day and night… “the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.”

The “fullness” of the blessing of the gospel of Christ” being That men may bring you the wealth of the Gentiles; now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints; to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.; It has pleased them(the gentiles being made partakers) verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, …their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

and also all of
1 Corinthians 9:9-27 significant to me is what wealth do the gentiles bring? It starts as “your carnal things” but “that they seal this fruit” having thankfulness, mercy, brotherly love and charity? Regardless Paul is speaking of the gentiles already bringing their wealth…
For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treads out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? [10] Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. [11] If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things? [12] If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ. [13] Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? [14] Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel. [15] But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void. [16] For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! [17] For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me. [18] What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel. [19] For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. [20] And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; [21] To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. [22] To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. [23] And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you. [24] Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. [25] And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. [26] I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: [27] But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 15:25-29 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints. [26] For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem. [27] It has pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, …their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things. [28] When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain. [29] And I am sure that, when I come unto you, I shall come in the fulness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.
Less cluttered:

The sons of foreigners shall build up your walls,

That men may bring to you the wealth of the Gentiles,…
(Imo) Romans 15:25-29 is the above in action: But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints. [26] For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem. [27] It has pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, …their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things. [28] When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain. [29] And I am sure that, when I come unto you, I shall come in the fulness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ. …For in My wrath I struck you, But in My favor I have had mercy on you.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why call what Israel has experience over the past 2,000 or so years because of their disobedience of God's statutes their persecution, where in reality, God has been trying to draw Israel back to Himself.

As Jesus foretold in Luke 19 in the parable of the Minas, that when Satan is Judged and goes away for a period of time imprisoned in the Bottomless pit, that they will declare before God that they no longer want Satan to be their king over them. Jesus also foretold in Luke 14 that when they see Jesus coming to judge the kings of the earth in sight of Jerusalem because of their failed attempt to rebuild the Temple that they will seek Jesus' terms of peace with Him.

Claiming that the Israelite are being persecuted because of their continual idolatrous behaviour is so very wrong and gives the wrong impression of what is really unfolding as God hedges Israel into responding to His love for them. They are not the victim, but rather the rebellious descendant children of Abraham who have turned away from God not believing that he would punish their rebellion against Him.

God is patiently wait for them to repent so that He can restore them back to His intended purposes for them. There repentance of their wrongdoing will unfold in our near future.

Shalom

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This special relationship created tension between Israel and other nations.
Actually, it was the Jews who did that--they cause the Name of God to be blasphemed among the nations by their unrighteousness (Ro 2). They are "displeasing to God and hostile to all men" (1 Th 2:15), just as their Talmud reveals how they detest non-Jews:

The Tanya Ch 1 - Likutei Amarim
The souls of [non-Jews], however, emanating from the other, unclean [shells], which contain no good whatsoever,as is written in Etz Chaim, Portal 49, ch. 3, that all the good that [non-Jews] do is done out of selfish motives. So the Gemara31 comments on the verse, “The kindness of [non-Jews] is sin”32—that all the charity and kindness done by [non-Jews] is only for their self-glorification…

They sound like NAZIs: "The very fabric of the non-Jew's being is innately unclean, so they can do no good--and even when they try to do good, it's just more sin."

But it's kosher hatred, so it's OK.

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Edit: That prophecy seems to be about the Bride of Christ, the Church, which is comprised of both Jew and Gentile (Rev 21:9+).

foolmefoolsyou

Dec 9, 2023
texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Booboyahoooo is committing genocide/ethnic cleansing right now.
DaYahooo’s goal is to exterminate the Palestinian people.

Aren’t you a little upset about this or are you smiling at the thought--?
just asking
:)-