The Place Of Peace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@"ByGrace" This is certainly a very good thread, but I get sad when I see that only a few are interested in this subject....it's a travesty how many will spend weeks or months arguing over some idiot thing or other, but to read up and or share something about the most precious gift of Jesus' own peace, which He left for us ???? NO, they don't want to 'waste' any time with this subject.
What an awful, contentious, argumentative, judgemental, intolerant ( I could go on ) bunch of people I keep coming across, whether in 'churches', or on forums.......I shudder to think what any person , who may be seeking God, would make of this forum, if they were to come here, to hopefully be among loving brothers and sisters.
What a joke !
Well done Helen, this is really lovely and I am so glad that there are at least a handful of people on the forum I would call 'believing believers'....That at least always helps :D

Reactions: amadeus

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can discuss peace all day and praise God for it. It frightens me when see the apparent love of contention on various so called Christian forums. Seems as if they're only content when beating each other with scriptures or their church's doctrine or some such. I've baled from several such places after being attacked for preaching the baptism in the Holy Spirit. Denominational beliefs seem to be more important to multitudes than God's promises.

One site, prayer hub, took down my posts after I told several that it was a sin to live together without being married. They said I was judging. I was... John 7:24. So many are shacked up and still ask prayers for God to bless them, but he scripture is clear.

Jeremiah 8:11 KJVS
For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

Peace 1_0(1)-360x640.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and pia

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can discuss peace all day and praise God for it. It frightens me when see the apparent love of contention on various so called Christian forums. Seems as if they're only content when beating each other with scriptures or their church's doctrine or some such. I've baled from several such places after being attacked for preaching the baptism in the Holy Spirit. Denominational beliefs seem to be more important to multitudes than God's promises.

One site, prayer hub, took down my posts after I told several that it was a sin to live together without being married. They said I was judging. I was... John 7:24. So many are shacked up and still ask prayers for God to bless them, but he scripture is clear.

Jeremiah 8:11 KJVS
For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

View attachment 1921

Could it be that most of these discussions on C.B. test us, so we will examine (test) ourselves to see if we are in the Faith?
If, after 'being attacked for preaching the baptism in the Holy Spirit' you continue in the peace of God, which passes all understanding, you've passed the test!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could it be that most of these discussions on C.B. test us, so we will examine (test) ourselves to see if we are in the Faith?
If, after 'being attacked for preaching the baptism in the Holy Spirit' you continue in the peace of God, which passes all understanding, you've passed the test!

Yes but you're grieved by the rejection of what seems so clear to us.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is there any place of security in the Christians life better than the place of knowing that whatever is thrown at us, whatever we have to go through...there is always a Place Of Peace within God.

My own brother laughs at me when I say..." If I am feeling down, sad, upset and can't pray-through it...then I just climb up in Fathers lap, I don't think, I don't even try to pray, or even praise...I just snuggle in God and feel His arms around me...and "just be" until I feel refresh and ready to start again."

He may be Spirit filled etc...but he says he has totally no concept or understanding of what I am talking about, he thinks I am nuts. :D
It sure works for me.

Aah...what peace. :)

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus had to pray all night after facing he teeth of the religious. It's a relief to speak with those hungry for God. The draining comes from the religions that fight God's word. I refuse to engage those defending religion rather than the Bible. They snarl and growl if their denominationalism is attacked.

Is there peace in that stuff? Of course not.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One wrote on another topic, of how God could no longer walk with man after Eden, yet He walked with Enoch and others, than came the resurrection and pentecost, and again God can walk with man, just as He hoped, how could one not be at peace when the father is with you., where tow or more are gathered, we have God our father, Christ and the Holy Spirit, we never walk alone, though it may feel lonely at times, mostly.

2Ki 6:14 Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about.
2Ki 6:15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
2Ki 6:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
2Ki 6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Last edited:
Reactions: pia and amadeus

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there any place of security in the Christians life better than the place of knowing that whatever is thrown at us, whatever we have to go through...there is always a Place Of Peace within God.

My own brother laughs at me when I say..." If I am feeling down, sad, upset and can't pray-through it...then I just climb up in Fathers lap, I don't think, I don't even try to pray, or even praise...I just snuggle in God and feel His arms around me...and "just be" until I feel refresh and ready to start again."

He may be Spirit filled etc...but he says he has totally no concept or understanding of what I am talking about, he thinks I am nuts. :D
It sure works for me.

Aah...what peace. :)
When I was still dating my wife, when she would get really stressed about things, I used to tell her to go home, and when she goes to bed, just let the Lord wrap His arms around her and love on her. What you said reminded me of that.

Reactions: Helen