The Pre-Trib Rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's as good an explanation as any and is consistent with chapter 14 of the book of Zechariah. From what commentary I've read, the chapter doesn't fit the theology of the Roman Church or of the Reformers. I like that chapter because it's orderly. I appreciate order and purpose, and I tend to see it in just about everything, though not always in the moment. Hindsight is kind of a gift.
I think this passage is also parallel to Joel 3.

Much love!

Reactions: michaelvpardo

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 7:9-17
Is this a 3rd church of saints?
Of course, there is also another possibility = God's "Building Has FOUR Walls?":

1) the church in the wilderness = completed?

2) the [earthly] kingdom assembly of Israel = completed at Second Advent

3) The [Heavenly] Body Of Christ = Completed At Pre-Trib rapture

4) The saints of the Millennial Kingdom

What think ye?

Grace, Peace, And JOY...

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, there is also another possibility = God's "Building Has FOUR Walls?":

What think ye?

Grace, Peace, And JOY...
I think Christ is returning once, for the redemption of our bodies without sin and in judgment of humanity.

"And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body." Romans 8:23

My hope is the traditional hope of the resurrection, not a rapture (but the Lord will do as He wills, not as we will.)

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What think ye?

Grace, Peace, And JOY...

Isaiah 59:20-21 KJV
20) And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
21) As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.

I see this showing ongoing generations born to Israel, that as they come to Christ when Christ comes to earth, they are redeemed, they enter the fulness of the new covenant, and their children are born into that fulness, even in the Spirit, on into the future.

Revelation 21:24 KJV
And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Does this show the same thing? A terrestrial population continues on earth, but without the corruption of the Fall, and without the influence of the devil?

Much love!

Reactions: michaelvpardo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's as good an explanation as any and is consistent with chapter 14 of the book of Zechariah. From what commentary I've read, the chapter doesn't fit the theology of the Roman Church or of the Reformers. I like that chapter because it's orderly. I appreciate order and purpose, and I tend to see it in just about everything, though not always in the moment. Hindsight is kind of a gift.
This is one of those things, that I say by the process of elimination I've come to the pre-trib rapture timing. It's in the nature of these gatherings, and in this judgment.

If first the Israelites are gathered to their promised land, this would not include Christians in the current age, because there is neither Greek nor Jew in Christ. When a Jew becomes a Christian, God no longer associates them with the earth nation Israel.

Ephesians 2 tells us from the two (Jew, gentile) God has made one new man, harmonizing with the "neither Greek nor Jew". The Church is not the Israel that is gathered when Jesus returns. The Gentiles are judged according to how they treated Jesus' brothers. This would be the Jews.

IF all the righteous are gathered in the the "chosen", that is where the Christians would appear, except,

In the gathering of the Gentiles for judgment, this is after Jesus takes His throne, not while He is "in the air". And instead of being gathered on the basis of being "in Christ", "For the dead in Christ shall rise first, then we who are alive and remain will be caught up with them in clouds to meet the Lord in the air", instead, the Gentiles are all gathered, then divided righteous from wicked based on a criteria of works. This is very different from Paul's words, We are saved by grace through faith, and not of works.

We are specifically saved not according to our works, these are specifically accepted or rejected based on their works. We are specifically gathered according to our unity with Christ, these are indiscriminately gathered both wicked and righteous.

If you include the Church in the gathering of the chosen, who are the righteous separated out from the wicked among the gathered nations?

And if you were to consider the Jew's concept at the time of the "chosen" and the "nations", this would be the Chosen Nation, Israel, and, all the others, the Gentiles.

I find no place for the Church to appear in these either of these. It just doesn't fit. So the church must have been removed before the second coming.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: GRACE ambassador