"the prince that shall come..." (Dan. 9:26)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.... I read attempted invasion for as I understand the scripture God will fight for Israel ... Israel will become a super power before they even turn to the Lord.

They have not yet turned to the Lord but the Lord has turned to them. The result of this battle will be the expansion of Israel from Sinai to the Euphrates .... The Jews will go home

Well they will invade and be destroyed in teh mountains of Israel as Gods Word says. It won't give them all the land back God has promised them but it will cause a revival.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... There are scriptures that support the view that the last world empire will be a revived empire, ....

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, no -- there are ASSERTIONS, but no Scripture. And those ASSERTIONS come from Daniel's 2nd Chapter MISREPRESENTATION where these less-than-well-considered-individuals tried to shoe-horn the Chapter 2 PURPORTED "4-world-empires", in PARALLEL with the Chapter 7 PURPORTED "parallel".

Unfortunately for these less-than-well-considered-individuals, they disregarded both Scripture and History. Specifically Dan. 2:45 says: Iron, Bronze, Clay, Silver, Gold = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE. And where the FIFTH Empire is called a "DIVIDED KINGDOM", it consists of the Lion/Eagle, U.K./U.S.; Bear, Russia; and Leopard (actually a TIGER), China; -- THREE SUPERPOWERS as evidenced today.

And of course let's not forget the Dan. 7 "Dreadful" beast which is the United Nations and shall be judged to the pit along with the a/c.

But it's my observation that most people have their "theology" and aren't interested in either Prophetic Scripture or History. They're content in what they hear and accept, instead of finding out what Scripture and History actually substantiate.

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You remind of the Left Wingers out there that just attack people, call them names and are mean spirited. Are you on the LEFT? I just get all this hatred from your posts. Try to have a little gentleness and kindness for a change - the fruit of the Spirit. Of course you need the Spirit for that transformation to take place.

Scripture and History (TRUTH) are independent of your purported "gentleness". And where I explained what BOTH provide, you choose to gloss over as though they were inconsequential. Specifically consider the 2:45 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE Sequence. Did you offer an "alternate explanation" for that Intelligent Design, or did you just move-along-nothing-to-see?!?

So go your way and receive your reward. And Good Luck, because you're still going to need it. -- (And YES, you're still on IGNORE. I just happened to "check" if you're still as foolish as you still are! :) )
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello,

Can I be bold and comment on this thread.

The first read herring that people do not understand, is that the so called "Promised Land" is not what God said that He would show to Abraham. What God actually said that wanted Abraham to do was to walk in His Earth, that He would show Him. This was also God's expectations for Abraham's descendant that they too would walk in His Earth as He reveals it to them. The Solemn Covenant that God entered into with Abraham was a sign Covenant that when God allowed Abraham's descendants to have dominion over the promised area of land, that the possession of this land area would confirm to the Israelites at that time, that they will inherit God's earth at the appointed time to possess and live in.

The Second red herring, is that God the giving of the Promised Land was a forever promise, whereas the Hebrew Root word has the meaning that the length of the time was for a finite period of time where the end point was in the distant future relative to the time they were given the land. God also warned the Israelites that the Land that God was going to give to them was conditional on their keeping His Statutes and if they did not keep God's Statutes, that they would be driven out of that land area until such time that God's Saints would be given the whole Earth.

The Third red herring, is that God is going to gather the remanent of Israel and put them back into the land of Canaan. When we unpack God's prophetic words concerning Israel, God's intentions are very different to what we "Christians" understand. When we unpack the following passage from Ezekiel and understand the metaphorical language, the truth of what God intends for Israel is very different to what we may believe.

Ezekiel 34:11-16: - God, the True Shepherd

11 'For thus says the Lord God: "Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. 12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock on the day he is among his scattered sheep, so will I seek out My sheep and deliver/rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a cloudy and dark day. 13 And I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries and will bring them to/into their own land/fertile field; I will feed them on the mountain(s) of Israel, {metaphor for Israel’s religion}, in the valleys and in all the inhabited places of the country/earth. 14 I will feed them in good pasture, and their fold shall be on the high mountains of Israel. There they shall lie down in a good fold and feed in rich pasture on the mountain(s) of Israel. 15 I will feed My flock, and I will make them lie down," says the Lord God. 16 "I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick; but I will destroy the fat and the strong, and feed them in judgment."

The Fourth red herring, is the belief that the Prince that is to come has a human form, but, in Daniel 8 we are told that his armies, given to him from time to time, will be trampling God's Sanctuary and His Earthly Hosts for a period of time that will be 2,300 years.

An interesting recent development is this new report found at this link: - Iranian Bill Seeks to Destroy Israel by 2041, Avenge Soleimani | Newsmax.com

upload_2021-1-14_16-18-25.png

It would seem to me that Iran is planning a last ditched effort to Trample the people of Israel one last time, but we know from Luke 14:30-32 that Christ will be there to Judge the Kings of the earth who will be assembled there with Iran to trample God's earthly hosts once more. This same demonic and fallen angel prince will be exercising his control over the Kings of the Earth one last time before he will be Judged in Heaven at the same time that the Kings of the Earth will be judged on the earth and they will be gathered together and imprisoned in a pit for many day to await their time of punishment.

When we can perceive that the Prince that is to come is a fallen Angel, then we can understand that he is able to influence over the people of the earth.

If we make a mistake in our interpretation of the scriptures and in the selection of our associated historical facts, then we will not really understand what is happening before our very eyes.

Shalom

Last edited: