The problem of bifurcating truth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't actually address my post.
I was thinking of why He seems so different from the OT to the NT. That in the OT time we see God as the judge of the whole earth, for the most part blessing/cursing Israel according to the terms of their covenant, and at times judging the other nations. When I go back to your post, it seems to me we are looking at this the same.

Jesus came as servant to save us, and set aside judging us, so He could reconcile us, showing us a different way of addressing us. Does that help clarify?

Much love!

Reactions: BlessedPeace

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel has more to their covenant with God. Many think that the Sinai Covenant is over, but Peter affirms it's not. Actually there are many prophecies that Israel, once they, as a people, have come to faith when He comes in glory, that they will then receive all that goes with their covenant made at Sinai. They will "keep all the statutes and judgment", a people as James described, "zealous to keep the Law".

They will be the head of nations, prosperous in everything, all that was described for them in their covenant. Fulfilled on their behalf. The benefit received when they trust into Christ, who fulfilled it on their behalf.

You see, Israel, they get to have their cake . . . and eat it too!

They will live in a glorious kingdom age for 1,000 years, showing the world what happens to the people who have been chosen by the LORD.

Much love!

What more to their Covenant with God does Israel have that other people do not Mark? Christ came to usher in a New Covenant making the Old Covenant obsolete. Even perfect obedience to the Sinai/Levitical/Mosaic Covenant will not bring them to faith in Christ. The Scripture is very clear that obedience to the Law will not make one right before God. So even if the Old Sinai Covenant would be reinstated in the future it would be of no benefit, and in fact would be an abomination unto God. The only way that ethnic Jews are made right with God is through the cross and resurrection of Christ. They MUST, before this age of grace comes to an end, turn to Christ in faith for salvation, or they shall be doomed. Because when Christ comes again on the last day of this age there will not be another 1,000 years for unbelieving Israel to show the world what happens to the people who have been chosen by the Lord.

Much love Mark.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way that ethnic Jews are made right with God is through the cross and resurrection of Christ.
To be clear, I'm in absolute agreement with this.

What more to their Covenant with God does Israel have that other people do not Mark?

To answer this question, I can only refer to the Scriptures.

I hope you will read these carefully.

Deuteronomy 4:26-31 KJV
26) I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that ye shall soon utterly perish from off the land whereunto ye go over Jordan to possess it; ye shall not prolong your days upon it, but shall utterly be destroyed.
27) And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you.
28) And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.
29) But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
30) When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;
31) (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

I'm going to bold a few parts of the following, but the entire passage applies.

Ezekiel 36:22-38 KJV
22) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
23) And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
24) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
25) Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh
27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
28) And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
29) I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
30) And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.
31) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
32) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
33) Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.
34) And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.
35) And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.
36) Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.
37) Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.
38) As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

I fully believe these, like the rest of Biblical prophecy, will be fulfilled.

Consider . . . these presuppose that thre would remain a disobedient Israel up to the end of the age, after which time God will regather them to their land, in faith, and they become born again. Regathered to their land, never to be put out again.

Ezekiel 37:21-28 KJV
21) And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22) And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
23) Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24) And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25) And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
26) Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27) My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
28) And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

These will be fulfilled, as written, just like the other prophecies.

Much love!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was thinking of why He seems so different from the OT to the NT. That in the OT time we see God as the judge of the whole earth, for the most part blessing/cursing Israel according to the terms of their covenant, and at times judging the other nations. When I go back to your post, it seems to me we are looking at this the same.

Jesus came as servant to save us, and set aside judging us, so He could reconcile us, showing us an see your point,yes. different way of addressing us. Does that help clarify?

Much love!
I can see your point,yes.

Reconciling has another perspective approach I think.

God's Omniscience.
God would be aware before anything occurred. Especially, when he made has first law on earth, thou shalt not eat....after planting the tree he forbid the eating thereof.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Randy don't state what you think Amillennialism doctrine is. I know MANY Amillennialists, including myself, and not ONE of them believe or teach that the Christian Church rejected or even replaced the nation of Israel. Amillennialism in fact believes that faithful Israel together with faithful Gentiles are and have always been the Church. It's not a doctrine of replacing or separation as you assume, but is a doctrine of inclusion of all the faithful of the whole world no matter what their ethnic makeup. This is true of both Old Covenant faithful Israel as well as New Covenant faithful Israel. Who together are the Church in the wilderness, and not an ethnic Israel, but "Israel of God."

My advise to you is this, before assuming to argue for or against ANY doctrinal biblical position learn the position you desire to argue against well before speaking. Otherwise, as you've done here, you show yourself to err concerning doctrine you THINK you know, but in reality you DON'T KNOW very well at all.
Exactly. But, he won't listen. He will just continue foolishly misrepresenting our view using a term that does not describe what we believe because he doesn't care if he misrepresents our view or not. He posted this same thing on another forum and I called him out on his nonsense and he just doesn't care.