The quickest route to humility

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I attended a Free Will Baptist church while going to college. One evening they had a footwashing / communion service. Having never been to one my flesh fought me all the way to church that night and I almost didn’t go. During the service there was such tears and shouting, wow! They would pray over you as they washed the feet and it was really a dramatic sight. It was really done decent and there was such a clean spiritual sensation afterwards as I cannot describe.

I would say the quickest route to humility is in the Footwashing service and it is to my understanding other denominations have these type services as well.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I attended a Free Will Baptist church while going to college. One evening they had a footwashing / communion service. Having never been to one my flesh fought me all the way to church that night and I almost didn’t go. During the service there was such tears and shouting, wow! They would pray over you as they washed the feet and it was really a dramatic sight. It was really done decent and there was such a clean spiritual sensation afterwards as I cannot describe.

I would say the quickest route to humility is in the Footwashing service and it is to my understanding other denominations have these type services as well.
When John Sentamu was archbishop of York he use to wash peoples' feet at Easter. don't know if he did it at other times.

Reactions: rockytopva