The Real Foundation of the RCC.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet even in this response you haven't offered Amy real refutation of those interpretations you are still firng blanks and bluster.
Jeremiah 33:17 – Jeremiah prophesies that David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the earthly House of Israel. Either this is a false prophecy, or David has a successor of representatives throughout history.

Daniel 2:44 – Daniel prophesies an earthly kingdom that will never be destroyed. Either this is a false prophecy, or the earthly kingdom requires succession.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Seventh-day Adventism cannot change its views on the Catholic Church being the Whore of Babylon without admitting that it was wrong on Sunday worship. It cannot admit that Sunday worship is not the mark of the beast without changing its views on the Jewish Sabbath. Seventh-day Adventism cannot cease to be anti-Catholic without ceasing to be Seventh-day Adventism.
Seventh-day Adventism | Catholic Answers

hqdefault.jpg
I would think that if one peddles a rejection of worship on Sunday then they are Lost for a start, because the Jewish new day started in Night fall and the Christian new day started at the start of the brake of day.

Christians have a new beginning in the Light with Salvation at hand.
But before this the people were in Darkness, they were under a Cloud of darkness and that's also why such people do not believe in Jesus Christ and reject the trinity, because they can not see that Jesus is the way and the light of the world, no one comes to the Father but through his Son, so no one can know God the Father, but through the Son.
They think they can bypass Jesus and cast him of as if he were only a dead man and that's why they do not believe in the true Heaven Jesus informed us about or Hell.

Some these worldly religions go against Jesus Christ word and say he would not send anyone to Hell, well fact is it's not him doing that, it's them the person themselves that works towards that, due to their worldly workings, because they have another Jesus. a worldly Jesus that is in love with the world and they can't see past that, because they are not born again of the Holy Spirit.

B

brakelite

1. Sunday sacredness is not biblical. Even Catholics admit that.
2. Adventists teach and believe in the risen Christ, the only begotten Son of God, who is to be worshipped as God. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father.
3. The Adventist church is comprised of New converts and folk who have discovered the truth of the Sabbath and other teachings we hold... They were already born again, and we teach that all must be born again in order to see the kingdom of God.
4. Don't write off Adventists on the basis of other people's perspectives. Do your own study and get the right information.
5. Hell is real. And so is true justice. And so is the word of God. When the word says that the wages of sin is death., we happen to believe it. That the rest of Christendom chooses to not believe that, but rather the opposite, that sinners do not die but live eternally, that is not our problem, but theirs.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet even in this response you haven't offered Amy real refutation of those interpretations you are still firng blanks and bluster.
Because you're simply going down the usual tired, impotent SDA hogwash that was proliferated by nincompoops like Ellen G. White and proliferated by the likes of Stephen Bohn, Doug Batchelor and a host of other anti-Catholics.

I have NO problem discussing Church history - warts and all. I DO, however, have issues with trying to have an intelligent discussion with closed-minded, agenda-driven anti-Catholics who twist the Scriptures to their own destruction.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far in dealing with the little horn we have dealt with 7 specific criteria that mark its character and nature.
1. Grew out of Rome, therefore is Roman by nature.
2. Came up after the fall of the empire in the west. (476AD)
3. Came up after the establishment of the 10 kingdoms that replaced pagan Rome, 7 of which constituted the foundation of modern Europe.
4. Uprooted three of the above ten horns.
5. Speaks great words...boasts of great things.
6. It persecuted the saints.
7. Would think to change times and laws.

So far I haven't quite completed number 7. Up to this time however it can be seen that thus far there can only be one power in history which meets all the criteria above.
To conclude number 7 is a simple task, and simply a reminder of what most protestants are already aware. Most powers, whether they be political or religious, when beginning to establish their identity upon their constituency or parish, rewrite the law books at least to some degree that constitute the character of the new administration. This is not an uncommon occurrence...it is typical of every change of administration, and of every change in leadership, even in clubs and corporations. So for God to mark an intention to change laws as a specific mark of character that identifies this little horn in contrast with other powers, because the changing of laws is not particularly special or significant, then it must be the laws themselves that are significantly special. It must also be significant that this power only "thinks" to change those laws. In other words, the laws themselves do not actually change, despite this powers intentions, purpose, and even actions to do so. What laws could possibly stand regardless of attempts to change them by an earthly power? The laws of God, namely, the Ten Commandments. So was there a religious power that arose in the 5th century, gained autonomy after the establishment of the 10 barbarian nations that overtook Rome, boasted great things, persecuted the saints, had a hand in destroying three opposing powers, changed prophetic hermeneutics, and has attempted to change the Ten Commandments?
It's interesting to note that the number of the "Beast" of Revelation was yet another false prophecy by Ellen G. White - your ecclesial founder.

White posited that the Pope was the anti-Christ because the numbers of one of his titles added up to "666".
When we take the name "Ellen Gould White" - it ALSO numerically adds up to 666. Are we to surmise that ALL people whose names add up to 666 are the "Beast" of Revelation because White said so??

From Catholic Answers:
White claims that the papacy changed the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday, making this change a mark of its authority. In her view, there will come a time when the United States will establish a "national Sunday law" and compel its citizens to worship on Sunday and thus take the mark of the beast. It will not compel them to become Catholics, but to join a Protestant state-church that is an "image" of the papacy, and thus, "the image of the beast" (ibid., 382–96).

Seventh-day Adventism cannot change its views on the Catholic Church being the Whore of Babylon without admitting that it was wrong on Sunday worship. It cannot admit that Sunday worship is not the mark of the beast without changing its views on the Jewish Sabbath. Seventh-day Adventism cannot cease to be anti-Catholic without ceasing to be Seventh-day Adventism.

Interesting . . .

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Number 666 has to do with Man and his Sin nature it is one off three times off perfection, Man can never be perfection.

The Number 6 represents one off perfection and this is conforming this three times making it true or a fact.

The Number of the beast, well that's carnal mans works, Political Correctness, not of the Holy Spirit.

B

brakelite

Because you're simply going down the usual tired, impotent SDA hogwash that was proliferated by nincompoops like Ellen G. White and proliferated by the likes of Stephen Bohn, Doug Batchelor and a host of other anti-Catholics.
I guess it is a lot easier to debate "anti-Catholics" than it is to defend actual doctrine. So trying to twist these discussions into anti-Catholic crusades is entirely understandable. However, you would be hard pressed to find in any of my posts any suggestion i was anti Catholic. Anti Catholicism yes... Anti false doctrine yes... Anti false ways being taught gullible seekers for truth yes, but my motives for being so is not because I was anti Catholic. If I were anti Catholic I would have no qualms in allowing them to remain deceived and be damned. No BOL, i hope none of us are anti Catholic, I certainly am not.

I have NO problem discussing Church history - warts and all. I DO, however, have issues with trying to have an intelligent discussion with closed-minded, agenda-driven anti-Catholics who twist the Scriptures to their own destruction
I am assuredly not open minded to Catholic teachings. I did not leave that church with the idea that maybe some time in the future I would return. And yes, I am agenda driven. I have been commissioned to preach the gospel to every nation kindred tongue and people. That includes Catholics. That does not make me against them, but for them.

B

brakelite

It's interesting to note that the number of the "Beast" of Revelation was yet another false prophecy by Ellen G. White - your ecclesial founder.

White posited that the Pope was the anti-Christ because the numbers of one of his titles added up to "666".
When we take the name "Ellen Gould White" - it ALSO numerically adds up to 666. Are we to surmise that ALL people whose names add up to 666 are the "Beast" of Revelation because White said so??

From Catholic Answers:
White claims that the papacy changed the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday, making this change a mark of its authority. In her view, there will come a time when the United States will establish a "national Sunday law" and compel its citizens to worship on Sunday and thus take the mark of the beast. It will not compel them to become Catholics, but to join a Protestant state-church that is an "image" of the papacy, and thus, "the image of the beast" (ibid., 382–96).

Interesting . . .
Ellen White never accused any pope of being the antichrist. But the system of the papal monarchy that crowns him king of the world, and requires all Christians to submit to His authority, yes, that is antichrist.
The number 666 applies to several titles of the pope, significantly in all 2 languages the scriptures were written in, as well as Latin.
Your quote from Catholic answers is absolutely correct. And yes, it is very interesting. What part, if any, do you disagree with?

Status
Not open for further replies.