The Real Gospel…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
skypair said:
Wow! Really??

The promises are to all who will be saved into the new covenant of grace. There are NO promises to those who are lost .. or do you know something I don't know?

And is it your claim that those at Pentecost were not "church?" Peter was the apostle to the Jews and Paul to the Gentiles .. but they both preached the same gospel, HR.

skypair
Where is your proof? Show me where Jesus and the 12 said we are not under the law. As far as Acts 21:20 we see that that James and the others are teaching the law. Under grace God (Jesus) has already atoned (paid) for the sins of all of the world. The truth is that since all sin has been atoned for, sin does not condemn anyone. Unbelief that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world condemns in this age of grace.

Acts 21:20-21
20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord. And they said to him, "You see, brother, how many myriads of Jews there are who have believed, and they are all zealous for the law;
21 but they have been informed about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children nor to walk according to the customs.
NKJV

Was Paul teaching the Jews that they were no longer under the Law? Absolutely!

So I ask again show me where Jesus anhd the 11(12) said we are no longer under the law of Moses..

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
H. Richard said:
Where is your proof? Show me where Jesus and the 12 said we are not under the law. As far as Acts 21:20 we see that that James and the others are teaching the law. Under grace God (Jesus) has already atoned (paid) for the sins of all of the world. The truth is that since all sin has been atoned for, sin does not condemn anyone. Unbelief that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world condemns in this age of grace.

Acts 21:20-21
20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord. And they said to him, "You see, brother, how many myriads of Jews there are who have believed, and they are all zealous for the law;
21 but they have been informed about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children nor to walk according to the customs.
NKJV

Was Paul teaching the Jews that they were no longer under the Law? Absolutely!

So I ask again show me where Jesus anhd the 11(12) said we are no longer under the law of Moses..
Well, to begin with, Paul was one of the 12. He took Judas "bishopric." Second, you are overlooking Acts 15, the church council wherein Peter and James decided that the Gentiles didn't need to practice the traditions of the law anymore. That didn't, however, change the gospel nor mean that there were 2 different gospels nor mean that the Jewish converts remained under the law. They were free to carry out the old traditions but not be legalistic about their faith (see Galation 1:7 thereby perverting the gospel of Christ).

skypair

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
skypair said:
Well, to begin with, Paul was one of the 12. He took Judas "bishopric." Second, you are overlooking Acts 15, the church council wherein Peter and James decided that the Gentiles didn't need to practice the traditions of the law anymore. That didn't, however, change the gospel nor mean that there were 2 different gospels nor mean that the Jewish converts remained under the law. They were free to carry out the old traditions but not be legalistic about their faith (see Galation 1:7 thereby perverting the gospel of Christ).

skypair
NO! Paul was not one of the 12. Peter and the rest chose another to fill Judas' place.

In Acts 15, James said that the Gentiles did not have to keep the Law of Moses but he did NOT say the Jews didn't have to. Yours is just an assumption that James said that the Jews did not have to keep the law.

The scriptures tell us that Paul's gospel of grace was not a gospel based on the Law of Moses. It was based on God's grace, not the law of Moses. Law and grace can not be mixed. All you are doing is not accepting the fact that God had a HIDDEN gospel that He gave to Paul. You read it in the scriptures but just can't see the word "HIDDEN". You refuse to accept that God changed the Gospel because the religious laws did not bare fruit because man can not keep the Law of Moses. The HIDDEN gospel is that Jesus shed blood has atoned (paid) for all the sins of mankind, past, present and future. But it only applies to the person who places their faith in it. Every one has a pardon but only if they accept it through faith, (belief) Salvation is the work of God for all of mankind.

1 Cor 2:7-8
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
NKJV

Eph 3:8-9
8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;
NKJV

Col 1:26-27
26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
NKJV

HIDDEN!