The real Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
. The fact that Jesus died is proof text he is not God.

You are not aware that there is a Spirit?
Such as the Holy Spirit? Such as "God is A Spirit".
Do you think your body is the real you, and you have no spirit that is eternal, and will go to heaven or hell, after you die?

So, to state that Jesus died, as if its not just His Body that died...

Listen carefully....When Jesus's body was about to die on The Cross, He said to the dying Thief...."TODAY, you will be with ME, in Paradise"....YET, the body of Christ was resurrected later.
So, who is the "ME", that Jesus is talking about, that will be in Paradise that DAY, when the Body of Christ is going to be in the Tomb?

Wrangler, Do you own a bible?
Check it out.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did answer. Did you consult a lexicon?

Death is the end of life. Jesus death on the cross means his life ended on the cross. This transformation, this change, is not an attribute of a deity. The fact that Jesus died is proof text he is not God.

In fact Acts 3:15 and many other verses point out that a Being who is NOT Jesus resurrected him into a new, glorified body. That Being who raised Jesus from the dead was God. More proof text that Jesus is not God.

More proof text is 1 Corinthians 15:27For the Scriptures say, “God has put all things under his authority.”[a] (Of course, when it says “all things are under his authority,” that does not include God himself, who gave Christ his authority.) Notice the exception. There would be no reason for this exception if Jesus were God What is your take on this + Jesus saying he has a God who is the only true God in terms of trinitarianism?
Death is not the end of life. Haven't you heard about Jesus?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is not God at all, God does it all through him-Acts 2:22, 1 Cor 8:5-6. I told you what small g god means in bible talk.
You didn't answer my question. If Jesus is "a god" then He is either THE God or a false god. Which is it?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 45:7--Hebrews 1:3-4 says the same thing in your bible, because its truth. Its your bible contradicting itself. All bibles that have God capitol G in the last line at John 1:1 = 100% error. Your scholars know its truth. In 1822 a translator compared the Greek to English in his NT translation- a god is correct. The true God is called Ho Theos in the 2nd line at John 1:1, plain Theos is in the last line, clearly showing a difference.
Yes, Hebrews 1 clearly says the Son is God! That would be Jesus.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't know what you're saying there friend.

I showed fact--You arent shown fact in your religion like the following

From Moses on up until this very day, the Israelite religion while serving the true living God, teach, serve and worship a single being God named -YHWH(Jehovah)--This God was taught to Jesus when he attended those places of worship as was every bible writer= 100% undeniable fact.
The religion that came out of Rome added God as a trinity near the end of the 4th century=Fact. A single being God named YHWH(Jehovah) was being taught at their first council of Nicea in 325= 100% fact.
Satan was with that religion and all of her branches today.
They are a house divided, they will not stand.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a Greek expert?

One doesnt have to be. Facts are facts. Your scholars know its fact. It would expose 33,999 trinity religions as false, to tell truth, billions would be lost yearly.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One doesnt have to be. Facts are facts. Your scholars know its fact. It would expose 33,999 trinity religions as false, to tell truth, billions would be lost yearly.
But all of our English Bibles say you are wrong. Jesus is God.

Reactions: Pearl

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't answer my question. If Jesus is "a god" then He is either THE God or a false god. Which is it?

Neither i showed the true explanation--Satan is called god at 2 Cor 4:4 he is not The God, now is he, thus was not being called The God, same with Jesus.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither i showed the true explanation--Satan is called god at 2 Cor 4:4 he is not The God, now is he, thus was not being called The God, same with Jesus.
Then Who is "God" Who became flesh and dwelt among us?

Reactions: Pearl

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But all of our English Bibles say you are wrong. Jesus is God.

I told you many translations in history did it correct-a god--rejected by trinity clergys because it would expose them as false and mucho $$$ would be lost yearly.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you many translations in history did it correct-a god--rejected by trinity clergys because it would expose them as false and mucho $$$ would be lost yearly.
And I told you, if Jesus is "a god" then He is either God or a false god. Either way you have a serious problem.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then Who is "God" Who became flesh and dwelt among us?

God didnt become flesh. The bible is 100% clear--God sent someone, that someone is his master worker of Proverbs 8-the one God created all other things through. He tells you he was created at Prov 8. Coll 1:15--The firstborn of all creation)--it occurred at the very beginning.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I told you, if Jesus is "a god" then He is either God or a false god. Either way you have a serious problem.

And you are in error, and i showed you satan was called god--Do you believe he is The God--No.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
continued :

Bruce M. Metzger, Professor of New Testament Language and literature at Princeton Theological Seminary said: "Far more pernicious in this same verse is the rendering, . . . `and the Word was a god,' with the following footnotes: " `A god,' In contrast with `the God' ". It must be stated quite frankly that, if the Jehovah's Witnesses take this translation seriously, they are polytheists. In view of the additional light which is available during this age of Grace, such a representation is even more reprehensible than were the heathenish, polytheistic errors into which ancient Israel was so prone to fall. As a matter of solid fact, however, such a rendering is a frightful mistranslation." "The Jehovah's Witnesses and Jesus Christ," Theology Today (April 1953), p. 75.

James Moffatt: "'The Word was God . . .And the Word became flesh,' simply means he Word was divine . . . . And the Word became human.' The Nicene faith, in the Chalcedon definition, was intended to conserve both of these truths against theories that failed to present Jesus as truly God and truly man ...." Jesus Christ the Same (Abingdon-Cokesbury, 1945), p. 61.

E. C. Colwell: "...predicate nouns preceding the verb cannot be regarded as indefinite -or qualitative simply because they lack the article; it could be regarded as indefinite or qualitative only if this is demanded by the context,and in the case of John l:l this is not so." A Definite Rule for the Use of the Article in the Greek New Testament," Journal of Biblical Literature, 52 (1933), p. 20.

Philip B. Harner: "Perhaps the clause could be translated, 'the Word had the same nature as God.' This would be one way of representing John's thought, which is, as I understand it,"that ho logos, no less than ho theos, had the nature of theos.""(Qualitative Anarthrous Predicate Nouns Mark 15:39 and John 1:1," journal of Biblical Literature, 92, 1 (March 1973), p. 87.

Philip Harner states in the Journal of Biblical Literature, 92, 1 (March 1973) on Jn.1:1 "In vs. 1c the Johannine hymn is bordering on the usage of 'God' for the Son, but by omitting the article it avoids any suggestion of personal identification of the Word with the Father. And for Gentile readers the line also avoids any suggestion that the Word was a second God in any Hellenistic sense." (pg. 86. Harner notes the source of this quote: Brown, John I-XII, 24)

Julius R. Mantey; "Since Colwell's and Harner's article in JBL, especially that of Harner, it is neither scholarly nor reasonable to translate John 1:1 'The Word was a god.' Word-order has made obsolete and incorrect such a rendering .... In view of the preceding facts, especially because you have been quoting me out of context, I herewith request you not to quote the Manual Grammar of the Greek New Testament again, which you have been doing for 24 years." Letter from Mantey to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. "A Grossly Misleading Translation .... John 1:1, which reads 'In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God,' is shockingly mistranslated, 'Originally the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god,' in a New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures, published under the auspices o Jehovah's Witnesses." Statement JR Mantey, published in various sources.

Many of these Greek scholars are world-renowned whose works the Jehovah's Witnesses have quoted in their publications to help them look reputable. Westcott is the Greek scholar who with Hort edited the Greek text of the New Testament used by the Jehovah's Witnesses. Yeager is a professor of Greek and the star pupil of Julius Mantey. Metzger is the world's leading scholar on the-textual criticism of the Greek New Testament. It is scholars of this quality who insist that John l: l cannot be taken to mean anything less than that the Word is the one true Almighty God.

I do want to say that there are some scholars that translate the word was a God or divine but they are in the very low percentages. If they were ever in a discussion with the scholars afore mentioned it would be clear they would not be able to hold a candle to their understanding. Yet JWs and a few other groups do run to these men's opinions to prop up their teaching.Scholars on Jn.1:1
Whooo - much to clever for me and sooo long.

Reactions: ChristisGod