The Real Sabbath Day of GOD = Genesis 2;2-3, Exodus 20;8-11, Luke 4;16

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only ONE COVENANT!!!

You can accept Jesus one hundred times a day and IT WILL NOT BRING YOU ANY CLOSER TO SALVATION! We read in John 15:16:

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."

To God Be The Glory
Are you serious?

Luke 22:19-20, "Then he took a loaf of bread, and when he had given thanks he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” 20 And he did the same with the cup after supper, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood."

Romans 11:26-27, "
And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,

“Out of Zion will come the Deliverer;
he will banish ungodliness from Jacob.”
And this is my covenant with them,
when I take away their sins
.”

1 Corinthians 11:25, "In the same way he took the cup also, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

2 Corinthians 3:5-6, "Not that we are qualified of ourselves to claim anything as coming from us; our qualification is from God, who has made us qualified to be ministers of a new covenant, not of letter but of spirit, for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

2 Corinthians 3:14, But their minds were hardened. Indeed, to this very day, when they hear the reading of the old covenant, the same veil is still there; it is not unveiled since in Christ it is set aside."

Hebrews 7:21b-22,
“The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind,
‘You are a priest forever’ ”
accordingly Jesus has also become the guarantor of a better covenant."

Hebrews 8:6-10, "But Jesus has now obtained a more excellent ministry, and to that degree he is the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on the basis of better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no need to look for a second one."

God finds fault with them when he says:

“The days are surely coming, says the Lord,
when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah,
not like the covenant that I made with their ancestors
on the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt,
for they did not continue in my covenant,
and so I had no concern for them, says the Lord.
This is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
after those days, says the Lord
:
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people."

Hebrews 8:13, "In speaking of a new covenant, he has made the first one obsolete
, and what is obsolete and growing old will soon disappear."

Hebrews 9:15, "For this reason he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, because a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions under the first covenant."

Hebrews 12:22-24, "But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, and to the assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel."

READ YOUR BIBLE!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your comment that "You can accept Jesus one hundred times a day and IT WILL NOT BRING YOU ANY CLOSER TO SALVATION!" is so outrageous that it doesn't even deserve a response!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why then is the stoning to death is the punishment when the 7th Day is violated, if there is no spiritual or physical significance attached to it?

In your estimation, was creation of the world the ONLY WORK God performed that week?
I have the same information you do Jun, the Bible. The creation account is very vague, but it does itemize the days and they are recorded in Gen 1 so it is a quick read sir.

Death was God's law to Sabbath violators as you stated Jun, so yes there is significance to it why would you think otherwise. What a blessing it was to be released from that law. Who do you know that would be alive today if it was still in force? No one I know including myself would be here, we would have been executed yrs ago.

Reactions: Jim B

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the same information you do Jun, the Bible. The creation account is very vague, but it does itemize the days and they are recorded in Gen 1 so it is a quick read sir.
Please don't include your presuppositions with what I perceive the creation to be. It is more than a quick read.
Death was God's law to Sabbath violators as you stated Jun, so yes there is significance to it why would you think otherwise. What a blessing it was to be released from that law. Who do you know that would be alive today if it was still in force? No one I know including myself would be here, we would have been executed yrs ago.
I beg to differ. The law of the Sabbath and it's consequence given at the Garden has NEVER been abrogated as you claim, and is ongoing until the end. Did you know that the Gates of Hell is upon the unsaved?

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
READ YOUR BIBLE!!!
I have but your understanding of Scripture is alien to the Bible!!!
Your comment that "You can accept Jesus one hundred times a day and IT WILL NOT BRING YOU ANY CLOSER TO SALVATION!" is so outrageous that it doesn't even deserve a response!!!
It's because you've NEVER read, Romans 3:10-11,
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

If there is none that seeks after God, who will accept Him?

Jeremiah 17:9,

The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't include your presuppositions with what I perceive the creation to be. It is more than a quick read.

I beg to differ. The law of the Sabbath and it's consequence given at the Garden has NEVER been abrogated as you claim, and is ongoing until the end. Did you know that the Gates of Hell is upon the unsaved?
Doesn't matter what you believe Jun, Gen 1 is God's account of it.
Great! since you violate it regularly, don't blame God for not giving you everlasting life.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Great! since you violate it regularly, don't blame God for not giving you everlasting life.
By your reasoning, similar to that of the legalistic Pharisees, Jesus violated the sabbath and so doesn't have eternal life. Obviously, this isn't so.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one not even me have said otherwise.
How so? Those who will NOT switch to Matthew 28:1 are they who are without everlasting life. Lol

ADDENDOM to post #25,

Correction. The law of the Sabbath and it's implication of stoning to death to those in violation has NEVER been abrogated, and will continue till the end.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By your reasoning, similar to that of the legalistic Pharisees, Jesus violated the sabbath and so doesn't have eternal life. Obviously, this isn't so.
Not my reasoning sir. Jesus was under law, and of course he didn't violate it, if he did Jim we have no ransom, do you understand that? A perfect sinless man lost life for us, therefore under God's law a perfect sinless man, a corresponding ransom, had to be sacrificed. If Jesus was no longer sinless, his sacrifice would be deficient.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one not even me have said otherwise.

How so? Those who will NOT switch to Matthew 28:1 are they who are without everlasting life. Lol

ADDENDOM to post #25,

Correction. The law of the Sabbath and it's implication of stoning to death to those in violation has NEVER been abrogated, and will continue till the end.
Do you personally know anyone who has not violated the Sabbath day sir? So why has not their pastors stoned them?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not my reasoning sir. Jesus was under law, and of course he didn't violate it, if he did Jim we have no ransom, do you understand that? A perfect sinless man lost life for us, therefore under God's law a perfect sinless man, a corresponding ransom, had to be sacrificed. If Jesus was no longer sinless, his sacrifice would be deficient.
This has nothing to do with the sabbath so I understand why you're changing the subject.

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can that be, please elaborate.
Reconsider Genesis 1:5, 8, 13, 19, 23, 31. These creative days ended.

With respect to the seventh day, God proceeded to rest. This indicates that this “day” has continued. (Genesis 2:1-3) Thousands of years later, Paul indicated that the seventh day has not concluded. At Hebrews 4:1-11 he referred to the earlier words of David (Psalms 95:11) and urged: “Let us therefore do our utmost to enter into that rest.”

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reconsider Genesis 1:5, 8, 13, 19, 23, 31. These creative days ended.

With respect to the seventh day, God proceeded to rest. This indicates that this “day” has continued. (Genesis 2:1-3) Thousands of years later, Paul indicated that the seventh day has not concluded. At Hebrews 4:1-11 he referred to the earlier words of David (Psalms 95:11) and urged: “Let us therefore do our utmost to enter into that rest.”
You said creation has ended but indicated the seventh day has not, in Hebrews 4:1-11 and Psalms 95:11.

Question: "If the implications of the seventh day is ongoing that is not to do any kind of work and punishable by death, why would David urge people to enter (work) into that rest?"

To God Be The Glory

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said creation has ended but indicated the seventh day has not, in Hebrews 4:1-11 and Psalms 95:11.

Question: "If the implications of the seventh day is ongoing that is not to do any kind of work and punishable by death, why would David urge people to enter (work) into that rest?"

To God Be The Glory
The Sabbath ended with Christ's sacrifice. Work on the Sabbath is not a requirement.

• Love

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that's true, (which it is not) then why do people "work" to enter into that rest???

To God Be The Glory
I see your point about my post. Work-with limitations-is not restricted on the Sabbath (old covenant) any longer because of Christ's sacrifice established a new covenant. Compare: 1 Corinthians 11:25; 2 Corinthians 3:14; Hebrews 8:6, 8; 9:15; 12:24.