The Reason The Two Witnesses Are Called Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
The reason the two witnesses are called witnesses

Amos 8:11
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

When the GT begins, the AC will rule claiming that he is God. He will require all to worship him and denounce there religious belief in God. At the beginning of the GT, some Christians, which refuse to worship him, will be immediately rounded up and martyred. The bulk of Christendom will go underground /into hiding, hoping to survive the rule-of-the-AC, but they too will eventually be rounded up.

Because of this effort to exterminate Christendom and the total shutdown of anything which has to due with the one true God, there will be a famine of the word of the LORD. Bible burnings will be rampant, Christian forums and other religious websites will be shut down. The famine will be total except for the two witnesses which will be the only voices proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom of God.

These two will be protected in Jerusalem for the duration of the 1260 days of the GT. With the two witnesses will be the 144K and the daughters of Zion which will also be protected for the duration of the GT. The reason that the 144K are not called witnesses is because they won't be heard while behind the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem. The two witnesses, however, (like Moses and Aaron) will be the spokemens of this larger group and will be the only witnesses for the one true God during the Great Tribulation period. Thus, the reason that the two witnesses are called witnesses.

Guy

omnicopy

Aug 14, 2010
Interesting! How do you know all this to be right? I had a dream once that they aren't going to try and survive the tribulation at all. They will just walk down to the places where they are going to be beheaded. Think about it? I mean, it's going to be so bad why would attempting to survive it even be feasible?

The two prophets are the two olive trees and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. They will be clothed in sackclothe. I wonder why that is??? I know why that is, if anyone at all understands what this falling away is! We would all be in sackclothe at this present moment.

How do you know they are going to be Moses and Arron? Just asking.

Kim

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Interesting! How do you know all this to be right? I had a dream once that they aren't going to try and survive the tribulation at all. They will just walk down to the places where they are going to be beheaded. Think about it? I mean, it's going to be so bad why would attempting to survive it even be feasible?

The two prophets are the two olive trees and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. They will be clothed in sackclothe. I wonder why that is??? I know why that is, if anyone at all understands what this falling away is! We would all be in sackclothe at this present moment.

How do you know they are going to be Moses and Arron? Just asking.

Kim

The candlesticks are churches. Rev 1:20 "... and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. "
Clothed in sackcloth refers to the eclipses.
The witnesses will not be the flesh Moses and Arron but they could be current people with the ‘mantle’ of Moses and Aaron.

omnicopy

Aug 14, 2010
The candlesticks are churches. Rev 1:20 "... and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. "
Clothed in sackcloth refers to the eclipses.
The witnesses will not be the flesh Moses and Arron but they could be current people with the ‘mantle’ of Moses and Aaron.

I think sackclothe means real sackclothe. People wore sackclothe in the Old Testament. Where do you get eclipses from this?

KIm

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Hello Kim,

You stated: They will be clothed in sackclothe. I wonder why that is???

My response: The two witnesses and the 144K will be wearing the same clothes on their backs for the duration of the 3 1/2 years of the GT. They will go to Jerusalem prior to the start of the GT knowing they will have to wear the same clothes. Denim is the closest thing to sackclothe.

Matthew 24: 18Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

You stated: How do you know they are going to be Moses and Arron? Just asking.

My response: There is much debate as to who they will be. I only introduced Moses and Aaron because there is a similar outcome to the circumstances in the slums of Goshen as with the two witnesses and the survivors of Jerusalem.

Joel 2: 32 And everyone who calls
on the name of the LORD will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,
as the LORD has said,
among the survivors
whom the LORD calls.

Guy

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Hello Kim,

You stated: They will be clothed in sackclothe. I wonder why that is???

My response: The two witnesses and the 144K will be wearing the same clothes on their backs for the duration of the 3 1/2 years of the GT. They will go to Jerusalem prior to the start of the GT knowing they will have to wear the same clothes. Denim is the closest thing to sackclothe.

Guy

Do you think the witnesses will at least get a chance to wash their sackcloth and anything else they are wearing?

So you are thinking that 1260 is an amount of time and not the title of a message.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Paul,

You stated: Do you think the witnesses will at least get a chance to wash their sackcloth and anything else they are wearing?

My response: There is a natural spring which wells forth within the old city. They will be able to wring out there sackcloth, but a laundry mat with detergent is out of the question. All power and utilities to the old city will be severed at that time.

You stated: So you are thinking that 1260 is an amount of time...

My response: That why it is called 1260 days, an amount of time.

You stated: ..... and not the title of a message.

My response: Any and all references to 1260 days, 42 months and a times, time and half time is a reference to the 3 1/2 years of the GT, the title of a message.

Guy

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Paul,

You stated: Do you think the witnesses will at least get a chance to wash their sackcloth and anything else they are wearing?

My response: There is a natural spring which wells forth within the old city. They will be able to wring out there sackcloth, but a laundry mat with detergent is out of the question. All power and utilities to the old city will be severed at that time.

You stated: So you are thinking that 1260 is an amount of time...

My response: That why it is called 1260 days, an amount of time.

You stated: ..... and not the title of a message.

My response: Any and all references to 1260 days, 42 months and a times, time and half time is a reference to the 3 1/2 years of the GT, the title of a message.

Guy

Well, if you look there is also 1260 years, and 3 1/2 days. Did you know that eclipse cycles last for an average of 1260 years. Times, time and half time, 1260 years, 1260 days, 3 1/2 days maybe there is more to the message than you realize. Check out the saros eclipse cycle 136 and the ten on both sides.

Revelation 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood. Does this sound like solar and luner eclipse?